• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Spring Football

Wulfz

Want to hear from anyone that watches spring ball and their take on players, coaching atmosphere and vibe from the players, anything concerning spring football. Live in I.F so not able to attend, really appreciate those that do sharing what's going on.

I agree! I live out of town so going and seeing for myself isn't an option. Love seeing those short clips that illustrate the talent ISU has.

Scooby Reynolds, Joe Martin and Chris Holloway will not be participating in spring drills this year.

PBP

That could be a good thing, we know what they can do, gives other players a chance to show the coaches what they can do.

It would be great if Reynolds is healthy next season. That would add to a really good group of receivers, but two major knee injuries in a row is tough. With Holloway and Martin out that leaves us a little thin this Spring at LB. I am really hoping Martin is part of the solution in getting pressure on the QB.

Getting pressure on the QB and having a good secondary that can cover one on one is how you compete on defense at any level of football.

Just finished reading the latest article in ISJ about Ferriter, (to be honest it seemed to be as much about Troxel as Ferriter).I don't like the pessimist any more than anyone else, but I am not feeling it from Ferriter. I get the feeling that the players are not responding to him like they have with previous coordinators. Let's face it our offense wasn't broken last season.

I get it that we could improve twice as much on defense and hold par or even slightly worse on offense and look like a playoff team. But I don't think that kind of attitude will win games.
Am I off my rocker, or is it too early to tell? Where I come from first impressions are really important.

Ferriter will be a great OC and knows how to bring the best out of his players and this team, instilling confidence and hard work. Like the old saying goes, don't judge his calm demeanor for weakness.

Agree, that I think the players are responding very well to the new OC. In the couple interviews I saw it seemed the players were trying to be respectful to Troxel, but seem they liked the direction the O was heading.

Center Dallen Collins posted an x-ray of a broken bone in his hand today, so no more snaps for awhile for him.

Journal reported today Salutregui (sp?) is done for spring and his career may be over. That would be a blow — he’s probably their best returning pass rusher.

Skippy said:
Journal reported today Salutregui (sp?) is done for spring and his career may be over. That would be a blow — he’s probably their best returning pass rusher.

Pure speculation on my part but it sounds like either concussion syndrome or a spinal injury.

PBP

Tanner seemed to be throwing the ball very well today at practice. Still a lot of guys wearing orange jerseys and not participating though.

PBP

For the most part all the Redshirted individuals are running drills, just not involved in contact. I believe there are four who just workout with the trainer during practice with three not dressing at all. Tanner is clearly the 1 at QB with Gunner at 2. RB's look good, allot of WR getting needed time although Mitch and Dean both participate in the non-contact drills. OL looks big, starters seem to be set for next year, time will tell if our pass pro improves with the coaching change. DL took a hit if Chance is done, need to find a drop down or JC who can contribute right away. Linebacker is thin right now but two are out for spring, allot of time for the young guys. This will pay off later. Reading the secondary is difficult in spring, until you see what they do against someone else's routes and receiver's it is hard to tell. Experience in beginning to show I believe.

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like the offensive side is shaking out as most expected with talent and depth at QB, WR, & RB. It is nice to have 2 QB's that the coaches feel confident in for the first time in a long time. I do hope they play more WR's in the rotation as it sounds like we have 7 or 8 that are good enough to get on the field. I think the coaching changed at OL will really help this group. On defense I am with everyone else, if Chance is done that is a major blow. We must find a way to pressure the QB with out leaving the DB's man to man all the time. When all healthy I think the LB's will be a good group. I really hope the coaching changes on the back end will elevate the secondary play. A good pass rush would really help the secondary play as much as anything. Overall, I think the 2nd year in a consistent program and the improvement of our off-season program will allow this team to take another step in the Big Sky.

Anyone go to the scrimmage? I heard the D dominated. I guess that is good news since we think the O will be pretty good?

Latest posts

Back