• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Spring Signing Period...

PBP

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding the women's / men's team and the spring signing period going on?

Both units have scholarships available (more so the men) and I assume both are interesting in seeing if they can get more talent on the rosters.

PBP

The men lost one to MSU, although not certain if ISU's offer was still on the table after his injury:

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/article_7a03472e-c9e0-11e3-9e2e-0019bb2963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to verbal commits, ISU has offered David Humphries from North Iowa JC, a 6-4 guard who averaged 20 Ppg and shot 45 percent from 3.

So I am feeling panic over lack of signings. I really enjoyed last years team and would hate to see us revert back to a couple of years ago when we signed left over players in August. Is there any hint out there that things are progressing for next years team? would love to hear input from anyone.

Boise State announced today they aren't going to renew the scholarship for Joey Nebeker, the Melba kid who was Idaho's Gatorade Player of the Year a couple years back. I've never seen him play, so not sure he'd be worth looking at or not. If he transferred here, he'd have to sit a year and have 2 left to play.

http://www.broncosports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/joey_nebeker_843528.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sasquatch said:
Boise State announced today they aren't going to renew the scholarship for Joey Nebeker, the Melba kid who was Idaho's Gatorade Player of the Year a couple years back. I've never seen him play, so not sure he'd be worth looking at or not. If he transferred here, he'd have to sit a year and have 2 left to play.

http://www.broncosports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/joey_nebeker_843528.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I feel sorry for the Nebeker kid, he really got screwed by the system -- and the Broncos. Because he's already taken his redshirt year, he'd lose a year of eligibility if he went to another D-1 school. As a result, he'll probably wind up at an NAIA school, even though he'd probably be a nice contributor at the Big Sky level. These one-sided rules are the main drivers behind the unionization movement in college athletics. The NCAA transfer rules are written to protect coaches who make bad decisions (like Rice apparently did at BSU), and to penalize athletes who change their minds.

It's one reason why I can't get too upset about the Amy Davis situation. Yes, she made a commitment to ISU and she changed her mind, deciding Pocatello wasn't for her. She sat out her year, and now she's at MSU. I really don't have a problem with that, and in fact, if I were NCAA king for a year, I'd wipe out all sanctions against transfers. If a student-athlete changes his/her mind and wants to go somewhere else, have at it.

The following was tweeted today by the basketball program at Gilbert (AZ) High School:

Congratulations to Spencer Nicolds as he received a scholarship to play basketball at Idaho State University.

https://twitter.com/GilbertBball/status/459355008731856896" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read more: Gilbert Tiger Basketball Stats

One of the best and possibly the best sleeper prospect in the state of Arizona is Gilbert High School’s athletically gifted and hard-nosed 6-foot-8 senior forward Spencer Nicolds. Nicolds is a superb athletic talent that has developed a great deal over the past two years, and now has become one of the best kept secrets in Arizona’s loaded 2014 class.

Read more: Arizona Preps: Spencer Nicolds Picking Up Interest

SLCBengal said:
The following was tweeted today by the basketball program at Gilbert (AZ) High School:

Congratulations to Spencer Nicolds as he received a scholarship to play basketball at Idaho State University.

https://twitter.com/GilbertBball/status/459355008731856896" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read more: Gilbert Tiger Basketball Stats

One of the best and possibly the best sleeper prospect in the state of Arizona is Gilbert High School’s athletically gifted and hard-nosed 6-foot-8 senior forward Spencer Nicolds. Nicolds is a superb athletic talent that has developed a great deal over the past two years, and now has become one of the best kept secrets in Arizona’s loaded 2014 class.

Read more: Arizona Preps: Spencer Nicolds Picking Up Interest

Looked at his highlights, seems athletic, gets off the floor well and can shoot. Obviously needs to build up some strength. Averaged 11 points and 6 boards a game -- definitely a project, but we need some size on the front line.

The Arizona Magic (club team) tweeted that Nicold signed his LOI last night...

10329203_10152171723953303_8396681520227795128_n.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5t7l_KKzDo&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Welcome aboard, Spencer. The more I watch his video and read about him, I think he's probably a small forward type. But right now we don't have a lot of size upfront, so he may see some time at the 4.

We heard the rumor in the early signing period that Jason McClellan a 6-9 JC Forward from Eastern Wyoming College had committed to ISU. From what I am reading on his tweets he has not signed with ISU and will not. He is stating that he wanted to commit to Idaho State but they would not allow him to take an official visit prior to signing. If that is true that is a helluva way to lose a recruit. Just saying...

Bengalcub
If you look at his stats from this past season it looks like the coaches made the right decision. I don't know if he was hurt or what, but he sure did not log very many minutes at his JC and only avg. 3.9 pts a game.

IFBengalfan98 said:
Bengalcub
If you look at his stats from this past season it looks like the coaches made the right decision. I don't know if he was hurt or what, but he sure did not log very many minutes at his JC and only avg. 3.9 pts a game.

Those were Freshman year stats. He averaged around 11 points and 4 rebounds as a Sophomore. Regardless, I see your point.

Latest posts

Back