• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Staff Turnover

votb

If any of you listened to the coach's show last night, you heard Athletic Director Jeff Tingey officially announce that Quinton Freeman, who has been the academic coach for football the past two years has been hired as Asst. A-D for Academics at the University of New Mexico (he'll be working with Frank Mercogliano). Jeff also announced that Jay McMillin, the Director of Major Giving for ISU Athletics, has accepted a development position with Colorado State University in Fort Collins, also a member of the Mountain West Conference.
I know that personally, I am going to miss these two gentlemen greatly. When Skippy took a football sabbatical a few years ago, Q became my broadcast partner. I'll remember the two of us freezing in the open air pressbox calling the game at Georgia (good times!). Q and I became close friends...and I'll miss him dearly.
As for Jay, I've known him since he came as an assistant basketball coach with Doug Oliver. He and Donna Hays have worked to do some fabulous fund raising for the great new facilities we've added at ISU over the past three years. Not only will I miss him for the great things he could do in the future, but I will miss him, also, as a great friend and person.
I think it speaks highly of ISU that two key staff members of our Athletics Program have been whisked away by institutions at much higher levels. As much as I wish that all of the talented folks that come through here would stay...I think most of us realize that ISU is a "stepping-stone" institution, unless you have specific ties that bind you to the community and area.
I have every confidence that our Athletics program at ISU will continue to grow and progress...and that some years down the road we'll look back and say that we were lucky to find good replacements for Q and Jay...cuz' I'm sure gonna' miss 'em!

GO BENGALS!
Quinton Freeman
Jay McMillin

Very very sad to see these two go! I can see both of these gentlemen leading an athletic department in the future.

Latest posts

Back