• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Starting QB

I would not name a QB until Sanders gets on campus. I want competition and it makes it hard on a kid to name him a starter and then make him the #2.

Wouldn't be surprised if Gueller is a total stud and a two year starter as a JR and SR. But, I think Kramer all but showed his cards in the Idaho State Journal earlier this week...

“Our goal is to win the Big Sky Conference championship, get in the playoffs and win the national championship,” Kramer said. “That hasn’t been done by very many redshirt freshmen. So the numbers are against him. What’s good for him is that if he could sit for a couple years and watch. By the time he’s ready to play, he’ll be just like Justin was. Justin sat for two years and became one of the best players in the United States.”

Did I read into this too much or does anyone else see that Sanders is the "projected" starter in the fall unless he is a total flop or injured?

Sanders is proven and more experienced and was obviously brought in with the expectation he'll start, but Kramer is going to play whoever gives us the best chance at winning. Tanner has a bright future and we need two solid QBs going in, but I'll be surprised if Sanders doesn't start.

up for the challenge said:
Everybody knows that Sanders will be the next starting QB at ISU. Why delay the announcement until August 31 ? Is it because Sanders is not on campus ?

Really?

How could you possibly name a starter before the coaches have even seen the kid play. No annointed ones around here. All on the team in spring practice will get and deserve a fair shake.

Eric hollowell said:
how can anyone say sanders I'd proven. He's yet to play one college football game.
Looks like Tanner played very well today. Three TDs and no picks. It will be an interesting competition this fall. And always good to have more than one capable QB.

The best QB will start. Sanders is a proven experienced QB and was ranked second in the USA as a QB at the JUCO level in 2014. On paper his stats were better than Yost and Arias when they played at the JUCO level. Coach Kramer recruited Sanders so he can win a Big Sky Championship. Gueller is a stud but he is not ready according to Coach Kramer as he needs two more years as a backup. It would appear that Sanders has the best chance to be the starting QB the next two years under Coach Kramer but he will not say anything until August 31 as he wants to keep his QB's competitive during the Fall. If Sanders is not the real deal and Gueller shows he is the best QB than he may start but it is highly unlikely because Gueller has no college experience.

If Sanders is the best guy great. I just want to win. But I don't he experience if he's never played D1football. Juco is not college football we have 10 Hugh school teams that could be most Juco teams. Also I've played and coached football I've never seen anyone get better on the bench.

I think this is a pretty good problem to have. We have 2 qbs who are able to play at a high level. With our oline being as good as it is, Idaho State should win a bunch of games with either qb under center.

To name someone who has never taken a snap, or even set foot on campus, as the starting QB is asinine.Why would the others even try? The QB situation would have to be as pathetic as it was at Washington State a few years ago when they opened up the position for tryouts for any WSU student.

You are right Otis. It will be an interesting Fall Camp with the QB's. Coach Kramer will make the announcement on August 31. The good news is that these QB's are talented.

Not having a starting QB coming out of spring causes issues. I can't think any resent college or pro success without having named a qb before camp. I don't agree with coach saying Tanner should sit for two years and learn. My old coach always said if they don't bit when they are puppies they won't bit when they are full grown.

Latest posts

Back