• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Taysom Hill Update

SLCBengal

Jay Drew, who covers high school and college recruiting for the Salt Lake Tribune, says he was most impressed with Hill (at the recent 7 on 7 passing camp in Las Vegas):

"Idaho State is my only offer right now," the 6-foot-2, 200-pound Hill told me at the recent 7 on 7 passing camp in Las Vegas. Hill led Idaho to a win over the Utah No. 1 team that made it to the semifinals.

Hill said Boise State and Oregon have expressed the most interest in him lately, along with Idaho State, an NCAA Division I-AA school in the Big Sky Conference.

Oregon State, Stanford and Washington State have also requested film.

Pocatello QB Has No Utah Offers

I talked to Tays Friday night, and he told me that he received his 2nd offer (ISU his 1st) from Mike Stoops personally and the Univ. of Arizona. I really hope he does NOT go there. I'm an ASU fan and a huge Stoops bros. hater! Oregon and Tennessee are close to offering him as well...

Stanford had 3 Coaches up this week to visit Tays (right now is evaluaton period) and work him out... They offered him a full ride Wednesday night. As it stands, he has offers from us, Arizona, and Stanford... I told everyone he would be the most decorated player in Idaho, and maybe ever from Poky when it's all said and done...

And now holds an offer from Boise State... He will be a 4-star recruit this year and the #1 recruited player in Idaho. And for all those that wonder, yes he is being recruited as a QB...

tuffgong said:
And now holds an offer from Boise State... He will be a 4-star recruit this year and the #1 recruited player in Idaho. And for all those that wonder, yes he is being recruited as a QB...

Hill is definitely a Northwest Nugget and one of the top recruits in the West Coast. I still think he would find more success playing a FS/SS than at QB (although he could pull a Tebow or Locker or dare I say, Young, in the spread option)

John Clayton, BengalDen.com :D

While I don't know much about Hill's ability, it seems clear he is going to be a great recruit. Don't forget about Mountain View's Darren Markle, who has around 6 big time offers right as well.

The Scout.com National Top 300 came out today, and Taysom is #280, a 4-star recruit. When it's all said and done, he might be the biggest recruit to ever come out of Idaho... He is a baller, and the best pure athlete I've ever seen from Pocatello... Funny thing is, he could easily play hoops wherever he decides to go, and if he really wanted to, he could pitch there too. He throws in the low 90's and has an unbelievable curve ball...

I just talked with one of Taysom's relatives here in town not long ago, and right now he favors Stanford over any of the other schools that's recruited him. Taysom's a 4.0 student at Highland, and sounds like it might be a pretty good fit for him to go down there. I wouldn't have any problems with that at all! It's not a bad deal at all when the tuition alone at Stanford is about $36,000 per year, and all that's paid for plus your room and board. And a degree at Stanford really does mean something. So look for him to be playing for the Stanford Cardinals in 2009! And if I'm wrong about this, then I promise I'll eat crow! But I do have a pretty good source for this info. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see him play for Highland this year, but it could be tough since the Boise 5A schools refuse to play Highland in football -- unless, of course, they met them in the playoffs.

I know Tays personally, and am pretty close to the situation, in that, I have a small thing with scout.com and assembled all his material that they have. Tays, at the moment, does favor Stanford, but it is early, and when Oregon, and a few other schools come calling he will defintely be interested in them too. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Stanford, but in no way is it a done deal to them...

Tays has landed offers from BYU and Washington St. in the last couple of days... He is probably going to take a trip to the Univ. of Tennessee for their Jr. day.

Latest posts

Back