• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The Future of Men's Basketball

gobengalsgo

My wife just asked me how ISU did this year.

I told her they didn't even make the tournament. They were expected to do very well and it could be Coach O's best team since he joined ISU.

Well we know how the year turned out. I feel for the guys especially the seniors. It was fun to watch you play and wish you the best.

My wife thinks that the reason ISU struggles is that coach O demands respect instead of commands. Thinking about that I could agree as a player.I would bend over backwards for my coach if i felt that way. She gave Coach K as an example and said that guys want to play for him and win for him. Even Kentucky and UNC fans hate Duke but they respect Coach K . I know coach O is a blue collar coach and he is a tough coach. I played for a similar style coach and I always looked over my shoulder and was afraid to make a mistake and played more towards not making mistakes than being aggressive and playing basketball. I Hope things can turn around next season. Good Luck and Go Bengals.

gobengalsgo said:
I know coach O is a blue collar coach and he is a tough coach. I played for a similar style coach and I always looked over my shoulder and was afraid to make a mistake and played more towards not making mistakes than being aggressive and playing basketball. I Hope things can turn around next season. Good Luck and Go Bengals.
Hey , I am all about getting after someone and chewing some ass WHEN it is warranted but every day every game I wonder? Lets go back to the days of Schratter (?), Kinghorn and Stucki. Those guys were getting lit up by Coach O during the game and they were some damn good players. Where were they from again? Joke
I remember one game when David S. got humiliated (imo) from Coach O and his facial expressions went south and he looked like a deer in the head lights. I honestly think he played scared and was more focused on not pissing Coach O off then winning the game and playing with confidence!? My opinion. I have thought these same thoughts for years. I never have and never will like the Bobby Knight coaching style. You got to meet in the middle some where and chew ass when need be and give lots of love the rest of the time. You got to "want to win for your coach" like gobengalsgo said.

Bengals reflect on difficult season

By Dan Angell

Nobody in orange and black thought the ending that awaited the 2009-10 Idaho State men’s basketball team was even a remote possibility when practice began in October.

The Bengals had hopes of ending their season in the NCAA tournament, gamely battling a big-name opponent and earning respect and recognition in the process. They expected to be in the mix for the Big Sky title, and in a worst-case scenario, they figured they’d end the year in the Big Sky tournament as they had the previous three seasons.

Instead, Idaho State crashed to a seven-win season, finished eighth in the league and was swept by last-place Sacramento State. The season ended in ugly fashion with a loss in Cheney, Wash., to Eastern Washington.

“This was by far the most frustrating season that I’ve personally been through,” Idaho State coach Joe O’Brien said. “I think it was a combination of things. The schedule was extremely challenging, because we had a number of road games.

Read more:

http://www.journalnet.com/sports/local/article_89951362-2c0e-11df-8b6f-001cc4c002e0.html

Three Factors Sank Bengals
by Brad Bugger

We've all had plenty of time to ponder the demise of Idaho State's men's basketball team, whose season mercifully came to a conclusion Saturday in Cheney, Wash. The Bengals, who were picked to finish third in the conference by the coaches and fourth in the media pre-season poll, whimpered to an eighth-place conclusion, finishing ahead of only perennial cellar-dweller Sac State. To make matters worse, the Hornets swept the season series with ISU.

Read More:
http://isubengalblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/three-factors-sank-bengals.html

I'm pretty happy whenever the Bengals win. But I'm much more happier whenever Weber loses. And right now I'm just elated that they got beat by Montana by one point, on their home court!! And this was after Weber led by 20 points at halftime. Imagine the pain and agony that the fans who were there are going through right now. Last year MSU shocks Weber at Ogden in the semifinals, and now this year Montana beats them by a point in the finals. I'll sleep very, very well tonight.

Latest posts

Back