• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The Good News Section

Skippy

Congratulations to Seton Sobolewski and his women's basketball team, who completed a sweep of the Nos. 1 and 3 teams in the league this weekend with wins over Portland State and Eastern Washington. If the Bengals can beat a very good Sac State team on senior night Friday, they can finish as high as second in the league and get a first round tournament bye. Great job, ladies.

Also, congrats to incoming Bengals Wes Howard of Poky and Beaugh Meyer of Capital, who won the state 4 and 5A heavyweight wrestling titles, respectively, in Holt Arena over the weekend. I love the toughness of kids who wrestle. Looking forward to having you both as Bengals,

Also from the "glass is half full" department...

Andre Hatchett, who has already signed an LOI with ISU, scored 26 points last night as his high school team won the Arizona state championship in its division...

With the (Santa Rita) Eagles trailing 44-38 entering the second half, the 6-foot-4-inch Hatchett began to take over, scoring Santa Rita's first nine points of the second half, taking the lead back for the Eagles at 51-50 on a soft jumper near the baseline.

Arizona Daily Star: Santa Rita Wins 4A-II State Title Game

I suppose if she was put on a leave of absence then we would have put one out. And thanks for emailing Kelvin as well, since he just called. Appreciate that....

ISUSID

freakmaligncroon said:
Has there been a press release about the head softball coach being put on a leave of absence?

Here is your answer from the Bengal Bog:

Also, I want to touch on something, and I'm only doing this because I'm gonna guess the same pinhead who posted some serious misinformation on the Bengal Den message board contacted Kelvin at the Idaho State Journal trying to stir up some controversy. This past weekend assistant coach Shelly Prochaska handled the team, and she will do the same for the Arizona State tournament this weekend, because we granted head coach Andrea Wilson some time off to tend to a personal family matter.

Of course, the phone call I got from Kelvin was that he got a tip that we placed Andrea on administrative leave. I can confirm and end all those rumors right here....Andrea Wilson is dealing with a personal issue and will be back with the team shortly. What sucks is I even had to put that out there, but I know how rumors get started...

Oooops...

Softball Coach Andrea Wilson Placed on Paid Administrative Leave

Assistant Shelly Prochaska will handle day-to-day operations and coaching of team

ISU Softball

March 19, 2010

Pocatello, ID --- Idaho State University director of athletics Jeff Tingey has announced that head softball coach Andrea Wilson has been placed on paid administrative leave, pending an internal investigation. Assistant coach Shelly Prochaska will coach the team during the investigation on an interim basis.
http://www.isubengals.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/031910aaa.html

This may not be one of the worst managed athletic departments in all of America but it sure seems like it sometimes.

First Larry Stocking gets put on paid administrative leave and is charged with embezzling funds. And now her replacement Andrea Wilson, gets put on administrative leave and is charged with wrongdoing. Who knows, maybe it's the for the same thing. We'll find out soon. Both of these people are good mormons and they know better than that. A real fine example for people of their faith.

While I can't get into specifics obviously, I can say that there was nothing criminal in terms of embezzling or anything of that nature.

ISUSID

biobengal said:
This may not be one of the worst managed athletic departments in all of America but it sure seems like it sometimes.

For sure, and it sets at the feet of Tingey. I mean really, this dept is in shambles

Latest posts

Back