• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The haves and the have nots

uncfootballrules

It looks like we are falling further and further behind in the arms race aka facilities.

MSU announces a $100MM stadium / fieldhouse / indoor practicy facility renovation.
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=montana-state-unveils-plans-for-bobcat-s&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
http://www.bigskyfans.com/2008/05/15/msu-stadium-expansion

Screw MSU. First, we need a new A.D., then we need some ball players. Then we need some W's. Then we need cheaper beer prices. Then we need to be able to stay and drink in the parking lot until midnight after games. Then we need stadium improvements.

That's a 20 year plan so I'll be more impressed when it's done but still props to them for at least being forward thinking, releasing the plans, and trying to drum up donations very vocally...

Hmmmmmmm... it's such a unique concept really... it seems so unfamiliar to how we do things here... MSU is releasing 20 years of plans yet we can't even post a spring football roster...

Sad really.

It just boils down to opening the wallets. Our big time donars are not that big time compared to others. I don't want to hear the excuse that it's because we've had off field problems or that we fired a "popular" coach or that we don't win. MSU has had way more problems then us. We are complete angels compared to them. They also fired a very popular coach and they have been one of the most incosistant teams in the conference. Some will say that we don't get the money because our AD. I check in at bobcatnation and they don't like theirs either. These are just stupid excuses that some people make up on this board. The bottom line is our rich alumni don't give a shit about UNC.

I agree that the typical UNC graduate isn't the kind of person that will open up their wallets to give back to the school that gave them a chance to make a career. The problem lies in the fact that the career that most UNC grads get is in the area of education, community service, some type of social work or nursing etc. These are all noble and useful careers, but they don't command the high pay of doctors, lawyers or CEO's of large corporations. As a result we have a large base of people that live a modest lifestyle and don't have a lot of extra money to throw at the university they came from. If we could all just give a little it would help, but it means we need to all have to give, not just a few of us as it is now. I send in my check every year and I hope all of you do as well.

Again, we have other concerns besides a nicer facility. Our's will come in due time, but I think we need to show a consistant fan base to justify a large expenditure. MSU , UM, and some of the other's in the Big Sky can build to suit their needs because they are the only large schools in their State. We have to battle CU and CSU for funding and students. Not to mention the Metro's, Mesa's, CSUP, and UCCS. Everyone wants money, and the State doesn't have a reputation for spending large amounts on education.
As Budbear so eloquently put it, it falls upon the shoulders of the teachers,the nurses, and the social service workers that UNC is known for, and as he stated, these aren't high paying jobs.
What we need badly at UNC is tradition. Something that sets us apart from all the others. Don't ask me what it is, or should be. (If I come up with something, you guys will be the first to know) But as a school, we need to find pride within our programs, and not our facilities.
Maybe a Microbrewery at the field. Nottingham Nut Brown Ale , Brown Bear Lager, or the ever popular Michener Wheat. How about a Heinrich's Hefeweisen, it promises to make you feel better, but in the morning, all you have is a headache and a bad taste in your mouth. :wink:

Blofeld, you want a spring football roster? Look at the fall's roster, subtract the seniors and Silipo. Tack on Waggoner, and you've got it.

Out of curiousity, did anyone else in the BSC do a updated spring football roster?

Ursa Major said:
Screw MSU. First, we need a new A.D., then we need some ball players. Then we need some W's. Then we need cheaper beer prices. Then we need to be able to stay and drink in the parking lot until midnight after games. Then we need stadium improvements.

I agree screw MSU, I hate them more than any other school in the conference. They are the little kid to UM, and everybody but them knows it.

While there is some work to be done at our facilities, an expansion to nottingham is not one of them. We need to focus on gaining a bigger operational budget, so that we can improve recruiting, scholarships, and coaching. Once we as Ursa said get the W's, the fans and shiny buildings will follow...

PS - anyone want to guess on how long it will take the athletic dpt to inform the fans about getting a nice chunk of change for upgrades to BH? I should start a poll... I think I will :D

Apprantly the mens BB locker room got a renovation, courtsey of a local bank, we never heard about that one....but the alumni magazine had a piece about it...

GoBears said:
Apprantly the mens BB locker room got a renovation, courtsey of a local bank, we never heard about that one....but the alumni magazine had a piece about it...

Yes, I agree that would be a nice thing to report on the website. I know the Tribune couldn't they have used all their space covering the girl's high school golf tournament because of course that is big news.

Perhaps the bank didn't want publicity for this... no wait, that can't be true, a bank not wanting publicity is like an insurance company not ripping people off.

Careful Blofeld. My Insurance company, Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe would never rip off a customer. In fact I'm looking at my car insurance right now and ..."$106.50 this month for liability? What the f...?"

bearsradio said:
Blofeld, you want a spring football roster? Look at the fall's roster, subtract the seniors and Silipo. Tack on Waggoner, and you've got it.

Out of curiousity, did anyone else in the BSC do a updated spring football roster?

subtract Freismuth (Sp?) He's going to do track at CU.

Latest posts

Back