• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The other Capital High Recruit

inspiron

So, along with the 2 O-Lineman from Capital High School, ISU recruited Beaugh Meyer, a D-Lineman who is no weak player. I read up on him and have found he is a multy sport athlete and competes everywhere. I have found that he holds 2 state wrestling titles, throws 60 feet in the shotput and is planning on beating the State record for Idaho. This season in wrestling, I heard he also beat Wes Howard who is the big hype local huy, and Meyer has beaten him on the mat.I am excited for this 1st team all state football player. I believe he will be a great force in the years to come!

he throws 53 feet something in the shot - 3rd best in the state - some 6 feet behind the leader shumway from prarie - nothing like pumping your own boy though

Well first, he will NEVER top Zeb Sion's throw and state record, 2nd, Wes Howard wrestles heavyweight at likle 220, with most of his opponents having 30+ pounds on him. I know Beaugh will be good, but like Spartan said, make it a little less obvious that you are a Beaugh homer..

Homer or not, this kid really intrigues me. Obviously very athletic (hey, 53 feet or 60, I'm impressed, and a state champion wrestler), tough (played with a broken bone in his leg) and productive (10.5 sacks). I'm looking forward to seeing him develop at ISU.

tuffgong said:
Well first, he will NEVER top Zeb Sion's throw and state record, 2nd, Wes Howard wrestles heavyweight at likle 220, with most of his opponents having 30+ pounds on him. I know Beaugh will be good, but like Spartan said, make it a little less obvious that you are a Beaugh homer..

Beaugh is actually also down to 220 since the wrestling season started. He is also old enough to be a junior this year, he is one of the youngest in his senior class I heard. If this kid does not go pro in football, he will surely go pro in track and field. He is planning on leaving for a mission and will return when he is 21 and playing for ISU. Zebs record will be the 2nd furthest throw in the state of Idaho after Beugh beats it. Oh and he was throwing 60 feet at Ironwood throwers Camp. so obviously it wasnt recorded because it was during the summer at this camp.

As a big wrestling fan, I've seen Meyer compete in a few dual meets here, and most recently in the prestigious Rolly Lane tournament in Nampa. This tourney features some of the best wrestlers from throughout the Intermountain region, and in this tourney, Beaugh pinned most of his opponents -- including a kid from Blackfoot in the championship match. As an athlete, I really like what he brings to the table and he'll be a very welcome addition at ISU. He'll definitely be a favorite to be a state champ this year!

Capital had a very talented football team this year; along with Beckman and Kamps, they had a tight end -- Sosnowski -- who signed a LOI to play for BSU. And their QB, Jeremy Powers, was recruited by ISU and NAU but wasn't offered a scholarship to play for either -- so I suppose he could walk on at either school. Plus they had a great running back in Charlie McMartin, who's also a favorite to win a state championship in wrestling later on this month at Holt Arena.

spartan said:
he throws 53 feet something in the shot - 3rd best in the state - some 6 feet behind the leader shumway from prarie - nothing like pumping your own boy though

hey, im just stating the facts. im impressed by him and am excited to see him pull off the state title. If ur son needs help in sports, ask Meyer, especially in wrestling, football, and field. He is a great athlete

I am glad we have Meyer. Sounds like a stud athlete. Another Idahoan! If he is a son or relative then all the better. Who else is going to toot their horn for them. Try not to listen to some of these posters. We get a bit cranky sometimes. We like to make something out of nothing. Good luck to him on his mission and see ya when you get back.

Just found out that Meyer, Kamps and Beckman all received 50% scholarships to attend ISU. Kamps will major in Business Management, while the other two are undecided. Also, Capital HS QB Jeremy Powers has decided to play FB for Southern Oregon.

Latest posts

Back