• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The weaknesses exposed

Huyett did sue, she lost, appealed to Idaho Supreme Court, lost there too, and ISU was awarded attorneys fees and costs.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/id-supreme-court/1129022.html

Skippy said:
Huyett did sue, she lost, appealed to Idaho Supreme Court, lost there too, and ISU was awarded attorneys fees and costs.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/id-supreme-court/1129022.html

Nothing is to remote or unfindable for Brad Bugger! :thumb:

PBP

Huyett scheduled a game in Dillon, MT, against Montana Western. I remember some administration and boosters were wondering what the Hell she was doing. It's not uncommon at all for a coach to schedule a game near where some players are from, but we're talking several states apart. Mandi was from Dillon, about 2.5 hours from Poky, Missoula, and Bozeman, give or take. It wasn't like she was a day's plane ride away from home. Division I schools don't play away games at NAIA schools. They just don't. As some expected, Montana Western embarrassed ISU that day, and the season went downhill from there.

Starts with a great coach. Of course, success will get noticed, and away he goes to bigger and better things. Montana has had a pretty decent run since Jud Healthcote(remember that name?) Others: Jim Brandenberg, Larry Krystkowiak*, Stew Morrill, Mike Montgomery, Blaine Taylor*, Wayne Tinkle*. Many alums*, including Travis DeCuire. On the women's side, who could out do the decades tenure of Robin Selvig*, an alum. Of course, having a couple great players helps. Pocatello is NOT exactly the end of the rainbow, Reed Gym is a high school level venue, and Holt is a huge amount of empty space. A real basketball facility might draw a quality coach and players. Not much one can do with Pokey, though. Why the success in Moscow? Same tater shed.

PBP said:
Basically this. Huyett was given rave reviews by her college in So. Oregon because as it turned out, THEY WANTED TO GET RID OF HER! ISU unfortunately was sold a bill of goods.

I'm curious on this part. She did win 2/3 of her games at SOU. How was she able to do that, exactly, and why did they want to get rid of her? :?

mvem said:
PBP said:
Basically this. Huyett was given rave reviews by her college in So. Oregon because as it turned out, THEY WANTED TO GET RID OF HER! ISU unfortunately was sold a bill of goods.

I'm curious on this part. She did win 2/3 of her games at SOU. How was she able to do that, exactly, and why did they want to get rid of her? :?

Frank can probably fill you in on that better than I can.

PBP

otis campbell said:
Pocatello is NOT exactly the end of the rainbow, Reed Gym is a high school level venue.

I strongly disagree with that statement. Reed Gym itself since the court was redone is a good Big Sky facility. The men should play there permanently. The women since the start of the 2009-2010 season have the best home record in the Big Sky Conference: 90-28 .762.

There are worse places in the Big Sky Conference than Reed Gym in my opinion.

Do they need a new basketball facility? Absolutely. No disagreement on that. But until that happens (if ever) Reed Gym will do nicely.

PBP

Latest posts

Back