• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Thoughts and Assessments of the team

Bengal Roar

We are in good hands. I do know that. No doubt about it here. I believe ALL the coaches are on the same page and gel really well.

I do see much improvement, especially on D.

Alot of times the D-backs need to turn around and locate the ball. We should have more picks from them.

I think our leadership from players is lacking. Who stands out? The only one that stands out to me and acts like a leader when I am watching the game is Mitch Beckstead.

Where has Arias been since the Washington game? He is a different player for sure? I believe he still has it, just needs to find it again.

We are an emotionless team at times. Where is the fire? I see sparks at times.

When something goes wrong, DON'T get down and pout, tighten up the boot straps and keep working, keep fighting back.

When we fumbled at NAU it was like a funeral. Depression and lack of focus creeped in. Brush it off and get after it.

Other teams are not better, we just shoot ourselves in the foot and lose focus way to fast.

We are almost there...with young players mind you. Learn HOW to win and stay focused when we are up.

We got confidence in you guys. I see great things. We are just a handful of plays from being a really good team. Go Bengals

As we reached the end of last year's debacle...Coach Kramer said the goal this year was to bring the program back to a point approaching at least being competitive in most of our games.

Last year we gave up 79 touchdowns to our opponents in 11 games. This year, we've yielded 24 TDs in 8 games!

Last year we gave up 54 points a game. This year we give up 27 points per game.

Last year we rushed for 511 yards in 11 games. This year we've rushed for 596 yards in 8 games.

Last year we gave up 362 rushing yards per game. This year we give up 182 rushing yards per game (still too much).

Last year we gave up 34 QB sacks in 11 games. This year we've given up 22 sacks in 8 games.

Last year we sacked opposing QBs 9 times in 11 games. This year we've sacked opposing QBs 20 times in 8 games.

Just some food for thought...

Thanks for the analysis VOTB. I do agree the team is getting better. I would like to see this analysis just for Big Sky games as these games are more indicative of the team's competition than the two DII games or the Washington game.

I agree the team is getting better and I agree the team is competing this season. I do not think statistics should be used as an indicator for improvement as we have not play top tier teams like Montana, Montana State, Sacramento State, and Cal Poly this season like we did last season in 2012. I believe the schedule last season was more difficult compared to this season. The schedule for the 2014 season will be more difficult than the 2013 season as well.

Latest posts

Back