• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Thoughts on the 2013 season

I never said that Kramer would not sign JUCO players. What I did say was Kramer has mentioned several times that he will no longer visit a JUCO campus. Kramer said If a JUCO player is interested in playing football at ISU than that JUCO player(s) will have to contact him first. How is that actively recruiting JUCO players or at need players? Good JUCO players do not contact college head coaches as their highlight tapes are on the internet for viewing and their player profiles are available on-line for viewing through JUCO football magazines. If a college coach is interested in a certain JUCO player than that coach will contact the JUCO head coach first and ask for game tapes. JUCO head coaches are not going to contact a college head coach that is not connected with them. They will only contact a college head coach as a last resort if their player is not being recruited by other colleges.

I saw improvements in several areas this season. I think the character of the team was much improved over previous years. They did not fold when they got behind (vs PS, NA, ND). The defense that played every game last year in disarray was much improved. Our offense looked good at times. We have a running game again. I feel like we have risen from the ashes to reach a level that is about as good as ISU has been able achieve over the last eight years. I think the determining factor for Kramer and co will be can they build on this and take ISU to the next level. I really think that they need a middle of the pack finish next year.

The team needs to find a way not to deflate when mistakes are made, their confidence seems to take a noticeable hit when we loose the ball for example. They have got to find a way to "bring it " when they play away games. Their performance in home verses away games is stark at times. Our QB plays great at times but we need greater consistency from him in order for the team to be successful. All and all I see many reasons for optimism next season. Go Bengals!

Latest posts

Back