• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Thurs: Weber @ ISU

isusuperfan said:
Ahhhh...it's so good to see the smack talk going on. Hopefully our students have enough balls to do it Thursday night. Of course, I'll treat'ya nicely!

I hope you Weber State fans are louder than hell, maybe that will light up the student section

ISUSuper,

If you make it down to the game on Sat, we'll save ya a front row seat in our student section next to us!!

Let me know on Thurs...

Thanks for the offer! But Superfan's gotta stay up here on the home front to ensure that the home team has at least noise OTHER THAN RAGGING THE REFS *cough*

isusuperfan said:
Thanks for the offer! But Superfan's gotta stay up here on the home front to ensure that the home team has at least noise OTHER THAN RAGGING THE REFS *cough*

U talkin about the women's game?

I am new to basketball, I assume that dunking must garner a team with more than 2 points for a basket. I guess that this is why dunking seems so important to WSU fans. :D

spudbowl said:
I am new to basketball, I assume that dunking must garner a team with more than 2 points for a basket. I guess that this is why dunking seems so important to WSU fans. :D

You are from the old school, still only worth 2 points but getting 3 dunks in a game is more important than winning the game...that's 21st century style hoops!!

Shockingly enough, Weberwildcat is right. Seriously,, style points matter more than victories in this day and age. You can lose a game but it's ok as long as you're on SportsCenter.

*Sigh*...bring me back the good old days of physical play and actual defense, rather than these tricky zones and skinny (almost anorexic) defenders

weberwildcat said:
You are from the old school, still only worth 2 points but getting 3 dunks in a game is more important than winning the game...that's 21st century style hoops!!

Weberwildcat, you are a cool dude. Let's hope for a great game on Thursday and yes, I want to see some monster Wildcat dunks but a Bengal win.

Blog from WSU Hoops writer Jason Asay:

Wow!
The Wildcats showed again that they may be young, but they are tough. Tonight they fought back from a 13-poit deficit to lead Idaho State 63-62 with 1:32 left in regulation. Then the Bengals had a few chances to win the game but the Wildcat defense held.
Then, in overtime, the Wildcats dominated and left Pocatello with a 67-76 overtime win.
“We talk all the time that you don’t have to play perfect, you just have to play really hard, play together and play with some toughness and good things will happen,” said WSU head coach Randy Rahe. “And that’s what happened tonight.”
There were plenty of exciting moments on Thursday. Kellen McCoy’s layup that gave the ‘Cats the 63-62 lead. The way that freshman Damian Lillard took over in overtime by scoring nine of his team-high 22 points.
But something else that I’ll remember for a long time happened during a time out in the second half. Weber State fans on one side of the Holt Arena began chanting “Weber” and fans on the other side would then chant “State.” It’s something that the fans do back home in the Dee Events Center. However, since the ISU fans largely outnumber those wearing purple, they soon took over and after the first set of fans shouted “Weber” the ISU fans would shout “Sucks,” drowning out the rest of the Wildcat fans.
But the quick-thinking students from Weber State, who later waited outside in the cold to cheer for the players as they got on the bus to go home, turned things around and instead of yelling “Weber” they yelled “Idaho,” only to have the ISU fans shout “Sucks.” It took three or four times before the ISU fans realized what had happened.
Classic!

Hahahaha, good times :) Seriously though, that was one heck of a game. It should be just as competitive in Ogden on Saturday. Hopefully we can hold Stucki to his average this time, that kid sure can shoot.

Latest posts

Back