• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Tinkle to Oregon State

Skippy

A number of media outlets are reporting Wayne Tinkle will be the new coach at Oregon State after the Beavers couldn't meet the contract demands of former UCLA coach Ben Howland. My guess is former Grizzly guard Travis DeCuire, most recently an assistant at Cal, can have the Montana job if he wants it. Good luck to Wayne, he's a good guy who I always enjoyed interviewing.

I remember watching/admiring Travis Decuire play. Those were the Big Sky's finest days in my opinion. I hope he gets the job. I think Bill Evans was the difference maker at Montana. Not Wayne Tinkle. I doubt he'll have much success at OSU.

tuffgong said:
I remember watching/admiring Travis Decuire play. Those were the Big Sky's finest days in my opinion. I hope he gets the job. I think Bill Evans was the difference maker at Montana. Not Wayne Tinkle. I doubt he'll have much success at OSU.

Evans definitely improved the defense, but the recruiting & offensive efficiency credit mostly goes to Tinkle. And keep in mind the Griz won the conference again the year after Evans left.

As a Montana fan, Evans would be my first choice to replace him. I don't think there's any chance he'd leave Pocatello in the middle of a rebuild for—at best—a modest increase in salary, though.

Evans was a major reason they got a few of the recruits they did. If you've noticed, the level of players they've had since he left, has decreased.

tuffgong said:
Evans was a major reason they got a few of the recruits they did. If you've noticed, the level of players they've had since he left, has decreased.

Mario Dunn's a lower level? Coulda fooled me… He's at least as good as Cherry was as a freshman.

And UM's biggest weakness this past season was in the post, a position largely filled with players recruited before Evans's departure.

Latest posts

Back