• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Tonight's BYU MBB game

Protege, you still haven't answered the question. Who are the right players? If you were the coach and you have 200 minutes to divide, please let us know who would play how many minutes on an average night.

And you're right, I did say I coached at this level. I didn't say I HAD to check with a friend, I said I talked to him. You see, when I want intelligent basketball conversation, I talk to intelligent basketball people. I don't go to message boards full of people who click and paste their knowledge.

I'm not trying to be contentious here. I think the coaches are doing ok. I don't think we should get worked up just yet. I disagree with your claim that our players are just as good as BYU's. It's simply not true. That's no disrespect to our guys, just truth. Not one of their players would have chosen ISU if they were given that chance. But that's ok and I will continue to support this team through thick and thin. That's the difference between some of us that are ISU fans and some posters who are fans of particular players.

baller, I dont have a particular player to promote

my posts are just about getting guys in good spots, running an offense, I dont care who it is, just like you I want the best players on the floor

I dont think having someone on the floor who gets limited minutes with the ball in their hands and the game on the line is a good idea, I would rather see row or stucki someone with experience

while our players may not have been recruited by BYU, I see them physically and mentally as good as BYU

I dont have a problem with our lineup, I get frustrated when we put players in who look like they have never played with anyone on the team, nothing personal

I recognize that the offense bogs down at times and I realize that some players are playing tentative.

However, this team got out scored on the fast break 20-2 and they shot poorly from the line missing 12 FT/53.8%. Turnovers that lead to fast breaks can really kill momentum. You give up two when you could have scored two because you lost the possession and the turnover turns directly into points. In essence a plus two situation can turn into a negative two situation and the bad play in theory can represent a four point swing.

I think if ISU played better transition defense, took better care of the ball and made 70% of their FT's--this game would have been a very competitive game.

Idaho State needs to value each possession and understand that each possession needs to be treated like its their last. When they learn to do that, the offense as a whole will become more fluid and less tentative as a UNIT.

bengalcub said:
Idaho State needs to value each possession and understand that each possession needs to be treated like its their last. When they learn to do that, the offense as a whole will become more fluid and less tentative as a UNIT.
yes indeed

Gee thanks, tigerpaw:"
"Opted to watch it on TV instead of going to Holt".
What kind of crap is that notabengalalum? If you can't attend one of the biggest games ISU has played in years, you don't deserve to post your comments at all!! "

You sound like another case of a message board know-it-all hiding behind a cute moniker and sniping without knowing ANY facts and launching personal attacks.

At least if I can't make it to Poky, we follow the football, basketball and soccer teams on radio or TV when available. I am not going to nor do I need to justify my record of attendance at ISU sporting events.

There seems to be a lot of your kind of comments throughout this board. You'd think posters to this board would have tired of it all by now. Done.

bengalcub said:
However, this team got out scored on the fast break 20-2 and they shot poorly from the line missing 12 FT/53.8%. Turnovers that lead to fast breaks can really kill momentum. You give up two when you could have scored two because you lost the possession and the turnover turns directly into points. In essence a plus two situation can turn into a negative two situation and the bad play in theory can represent a four point swing.

I think if ISU played better transition defense, took better care of the ball and made 70% of their FT's--this game would have been a very competitive game.

I agree! The last two games the chances from the line have largely been wasted. Passing and movement of the ball is tentative, slow and sloppy. I know Coach OB is frustrated with the turnovers, but some of them can certainly be lessened with crisp passes, movement away from the ball (to reduce the predictability of the passing lanes), and players stepping up to receive passes. I don't know how many turnonvers were a result of slow passes combined with players waiting for the ball to come to them. In additon, team leadership seems to be an issue. I wish one (better yet more than one) athlete would step foward to provide some on the court spark and leadership.

psyched_up said:
bengalcub said:

I agree! The last two games the chances from the line have largely been wasted. Passing and movement of the ball is tentative, slow and sloppy. I know Coach OB is frustrated with the turnovers, but some of them can certainly be lessened with crisp passes, movement away from the ball (to reduce the predictability of the passing lanes), and players stepping up to receive passes. I don't know how many turnonvers were a result of slow passes combined with players waiting for the ball to come to them. In additon, team leadership seems to be an issue. I wish one (better yet more than one) athlete would step foward to provide some on the court spark and leadership.

I cant wait for Tuesday night, my guess based on the way things are going we will get better in these areas!

Coach seems to be taking this stuff very serious and each game, we improve somewhere, one of these days it will all come together, I am believing again! feels good

My assessment of the game is that ISU played as good a game as I have seen this year. BYU offense ran smoothly and they control the ball with sharp passing and good picks, they pick with a body on a body and force the defenders to fight through or move around the pick creating open shots. ISU played good ball and if they would follow BYU example of setting good picks we would also get good open shots that will fall for ISU. O Brien needs to watch the game film, he took himself out of the game and this did not help his team. When he is ranting and raving about calls or charging the coaching staff of BYU all he is doing is hurting the focus of his team. In one instance during a media time out O Brain is yelling at the refs and being held back by his assistance and Rose is in his huddle talking to his team. I look at this and look at our team and Stucki is running the huddle (this may not be all that bad at least the team is talking about what is happening on the floor instead of getting yelled at) because the coaching staff is holding the head coach form being kick out of the game. With all the distractions I still think the team played well and showed signs of improvement. If they hold together as a team and play as a team they will be successful.

I'm going to have to second the motion that our offense needs major work. What I don't get is why our post players weren't getting more touches and being more aggressive- since we were in the bonus-- draw some freaking fouls...and make some free throws. It has bothered me every season to watch our post players lack the confidence they need to compete down low. Our offense is not adapting well to the talent of our players, either. Every year our guys look awkward on the court trying to force a "play".

As much as I cannot stand the BYU players' conduct on the court last night- we can't be worried about their lack of character- I know our coaching staff works hard and has a lot of pride for their program but we cannot be engaging in adult-sized tantrums- maybe some leadership in this regard might translate into some leadership on the court- Coach OB, we need you healthy- so take care of that heart of yours! We need to show an ability to focus and answer these challenges through effortless offense, determined defense, tenacious teamwork, and FANS: WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT??? I lost my voice trying to make some noise in that place. GET MAD! GET ANGRY! Let's support our players, BE LOUD! BE PROUD!

nailed it love!

we need everyone who CAN make it to get there

Coach, dont be straining that ticker, we need you BIGTIME

Loveformybengals-

The fans apparently like to wait til something happens, be it a dunk or a bad call to make some noise. They're great when they get riled up like that (especially after the shoving match).

I hate the lack of emotion at the start of a game. Oh, they got some things going in the first half when we got that mini run on. But they faded after that.

The fans need to get loud every single time we're on defense. No more of this "wait til 3 minutes, down by two" crap.

SE Idaho is still learnin...

Latest posts

Back