• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Tonight's Coaches Show?????

When people start crapping on good folks like VOTB, I cannot stay silent...

Howdy to all y'all Pocatelliens...

It goes without saying the first couple of games stung...

You have to either think the coaching staff is doing their best to survive all of the factors they face in 2009, or not.

You could be 2-0 against lesser teams right now, and nearly a million more dollars in the hole.

10% of budget in ticket sales says a lot.

So having to go face the beasts of D1 to survive has hopefully been done without major injuries, and will hopefully bring a few benefits such as:

1. Line play on both sides calibrated to FBS speeds
2. Game execution to FBS caliber standards (officiating)
3. Skill play againt top caliber opponents

I used to explain to my son who used to get upset that he would finish fifth or sixth to his buds in a sprint...
I would remind him he was within a step and the first 4 were flying... ( 2 certified 4.3 40 guys)

The point is you can focus on the negatives or the positives.

If any of the above hold true, and by the way hold OU on the goal line is something to build on, it should manifest this week.

I would agree if a big loss happens this week, the program really needs to evaluate itself.

If however the positives were true, you will see a team that is better positioned to compete with their peers.

The key is to keep the timing of the FBS games and apply it to the FCS competition.

May the Bengals prevail.

Coach
:o :o :o :o :o

P.s. Yes, I'm still around, and still a Bengals fan. Just not as emotionally involved. Yet, enough to tell Sparty to lay off folks...

for he record....i said i like to call myself a supporter of Z.

as i was driving down the road casually listening to the coaches show and hear what i heard from him, i got pissed. not because i was called out...i am a supporter. i was pissed because it was TOTALLY out of character for coach Z. as Cub has said...he can get me so excited about the program in one breath then screw it all up the next breath. plain and simple....i support ISU because it has been a fun way to form bonds with folks i like. i also support ISU because on a saturday afternoon or night in this town, it's about the only thing to do (unless you want to get wasted, which i don't). i will admit i am a casual fan. i've given very little to the program (i have donated some), but my tuition for the last 4 years and the fact that i show up for games should be enough. i want to know OUR coach has a focus on one thing...HIS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! not some stupid board where we chit chat and where trolls come B.S.ing along trying to cause a stir. Coach Z....if you are reading this, do me a favor (as a fan of yours and the team), just focus on the pigskin and let us dumbasses do what we do here.

Gee, maybe it's a good thing that the KSEI signal doesn't reach beyond Chubbuck as the sun sets earlier this time of year! :lol: I usually listen - this week I missed the show.
I just hope after the timing & results of the two D1 games (back to back weekends and not necessarily the results) and the Weber game this week on the road there's still an avid interest in ISU football by the weekend of the home opener.
Fan base is definitely an issue but I don't think what's said on the coach's show will necessarily sway basic loyalty or support one way or another. The regular listener will go to the games no matter what - he may dislike the coaching but will generally support the players. Seriously, how big of an audience is there for that show and I'd love to know how many others in Eastern Idaho are tuned in when we're listening at home and getting pounded in the 4th quarter? (And, I'm not trying to be funny.)
What is sad to me (and I've said this before) is the seeming lack of effort of any kind in advertising ISU football. For crying out loud - get some of the players out to a local HS game at the dome the night before a home game and give away the tix that no one will buy in the end zone and 5 yard line sections that are empty anyway. Get something going to generate some fan interest and goodwill. Do it where there's a crowd and a captive audience. Hit the Blackfoot and Idaho Falls markets. Get the alumni association involved. Do SOMETHING - and it doesn't have to cost big bucks either!!! That's my frustration - and yes, before someone tells me to do something myself - I've offered to help before, too. It's easier to find info on the Vandals season and schedule in towns only 50 miles from Poky and 500 miles from Moscow. What gives?!

WOW! This is really interesting reading...and today (Thursday 9/17) is the first day I even saw this thread. First of all...I'm glad there are so many of you that hear "my little coach's show". Obviously...some nerves have been hit. I'm so sorry that you think I had to "run and hide" cuz I can't take any criticism. If I would've seen this thread earlier...I would have had some useless comments to make then, but since I didn't, I'll make them now.

Like Skippy said...John's comments were made (I'm sure) specifically about the "Thanks for making my alma mater look like shit" comment. Whether it was about Jeff or John or whoever...it's pretty hard to not have feelings about a comment like that...and he was going to defend his players. Don't be taking it ALL SO PERSONALLY. John was only reacting to the most asinine comment. What would have constituted "not" being embarrassed? 64-3? 64-10? Last year OU scored 59 vs. Chattanooga, 52 vs. Cincinnati, 55 vs. Washington(PAC-10), 35 vs. nationally-ranked TCU, 49 vs. Baylor, 35 in a 10-pt. loss to Texas, 45 vs. Kansas, 58 vs. K-State, 62 vs. Nebraska, 66 vs. Texas A & M, 65 vs. Texas Tech, 61 vs. Oklahoma St., 62 vs. Missouri, and 14 in a 10-pt. loss to Florida in the national championship game. That means teams last year that gave up 60 or more points to OU included:

Nebraska
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Oklahoma State

OU scored 50 or more points against 9 of their 15 opponents last year. Did anyone expect the score to be something like 30-26?

Next item:
If any of you don't like the questions I ask on the show...call the show, or send me questions to ask the coach. If you do...he'll answer them. The show would be awesome if we had more than a few callers a week...that's WHY we call it a "call-in" show. Brad and I enjoy doing the show and having those conversations with Coach Z every week, but it's called a CALL-IN SHOW for a reason. I don't care if you call or e-mail ([email protected]) your questions...either way is fine, but the more fan involvement we get the better the show will be.

I know most of you are die-hard, loyal fans who only want the program to get better, then excel. But Skippy is right. This is a new age of communication, and if you can't take any opposing viewpoints, it's probably better not to say anything at all. I don't expect to post on this board and not have my nay-sayers. I am one of the most ardent supporters of free speech you'll ever find, and I'll defend your right to say what you feel...just be prepared to back it up.

I understand that no matter where I go, there's always someone who thinks they could do a better job than I do. That's fine. I'm thrilled to be here doing what I'm doing. I hope to keep doing it for a long time...that's the reason I moved back to my home state from a station like KSL...to be able to broadcast ISU games. I love every minute of what I do, and if you ever get the sense that it's becoming more about me than it is the players and the game...let me know...because that's the last thing I want. Just because I've been doing PBP for more than 30 years doesn't mean there's no room for me to improve. I try to get better every game...and am disappointed when I don't think I do. I'm just grateful and blessed to be back behind the mic. If you can help me out with constructive criticism...I'm all ears.

I'm still laughing at the "run and hide" comment. :lol: Bluehawgs...you're awesome!

TO CALL OR SUBMIT QUESTIONS TO "MY LITTLE COACH'S SHOW" Monday nights at 6:00

Local Calls: 233-5734
Long Distance (toll free): 1-800-726-5734
e-mail to: [email protected]

IF YOU EMAIL...first name and town.

Well said, Jerry. I enjoy yours and Brad's work on the games - all the sports you do.
How about getting someone to get your mug shot in there on the ISU athletics webpages where Russ Eisenstein is still shown as host of the show, though? Definitely needs some updating. :P

VOTB, I think you are great at what you do and I think you are great for ISU. I may disagree with you at times as you may disagree with me.

However, please go over some of these difficult questions with your team prior to asking them. If you know in advance what you are going to ask a coach--maybe inform them beforehand so they can think before answering them. Please just think about what I am saying.

What I can say is this a number of folks understand where we are coming from on this matter. The questions, clearly agitated Coach Zamberlin and his answers did ruffle feathers and I do not think that they needed to. I think the difficult questions could have been asked in a less threatening manner, that is all.

I listen to the coaches show every week and I enjoy it. However, I rarely call in or submit a question because I do not want to come off as a negative fan of the program, especially when the program is struggling.

Remember, people do vent on here and remember--how someone responds can have both positive and negative consequences.

Do you think that these questions would be appropriate to ask Coach Zamberlin? If so, please ask them from Troy (BengalCub) in Meridian.

Idaho State has lost at or around 50% of its FR recruits in the 2007 and 2008 recruiting class. If a program takes time to build, where will the leadership and continuity come from when the 07 and 08 class have ONLY retained an average of 4.5 SR's that came to the program as FR?

Will the mass turnover that occurred in the first two recruiting season hurt ISU as it pertains to APR? Is ISU on track to not be penalized in the upcoming years for APR related issues? What is the coaching staff doing differently today to assure that these kids stay with the team and in turn, what is ISU doing to make sure that they are staying academically eligible?

I agree with Bengalcub. VOTB needs to quit trying to trap coach Z with his ridiculous, inappropriate questions and focus on his job. Sure, it’s easy to kick a person when they are down but we should expect more from the voice of the Bengals. Your job is to be a homer not a hater. Optimism is what we need right now.

I could care or less if you agree with me or not Theodore. For your information, VOTB is the biggest HOMER in the world and I love him for it.

In case you are wondering, the Boise area laughs its ass off when they reflect on your attempt at calling Boise State games. You must have been the most ill prepared announcer of all time. Shoot, you couldn't even pronounce your own teams players correctly.

You sound like a bitter, old washed up announcer that is still longing for a gig like Mr. Miller is fortunate to have.

So, go turn on the X-Box360, load up some NCAA 2010 and pretend that you are still in the BIG-TIME.

So notabengalalum brought this up, and so did a couple of other folks, and I didn't know what you guys were talking about with Russ still on the site, but I've fixed that...took a little bit, but it's updated with Jerry and Brad. Whenever you folks see stuff like that, just email me at [email protected], and I can work on getting that updated. Thanks for catching it.

ISUSID

Latest posts

Back