• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Transfer Portal - ins and outs

Beardown

Season is well behind us and we're in the offseason. According to the Denver Gazatte (the old Rocky Mountain News), the Bears will be saying goodbye to the seniors as well as up-to two dozen players leaving the program and transferring. Anyone know of a specific player leaving or coming in?

https://denvergazette.com/ap/business/notebook-things-to-consider-as-northern-colorado-football-enters-offseason/article_a2aa9c7f-1b12-5441-b94c-516f890b2996.html

I hate this part of college football. Players - 18 or 19 year olds are still impulsive and very unclear direction in their lives, are leaving the schools they "committed" to by the droves. They no nothing of the word commit. The easier ways to transfer in modern college football makes me NOT want to be fan any longer.

So far with the exception of one, Andrew Brister, those transferring out are grad transfers, lots of experience leaving, there will be more to come.
Kevin Williams, Jace Bobo, Jaire Moore, Ben Raybon, Chase Lankriet, Brister, Kyle Ergenbright so far

Is that the risk you take when you relied so much on bringing in guys on the portal? Seems we are paying a bit for not building the program the old fashioned way.

None of those players came via the portal they were building it the old fashioned way until the McCaffrey clown show showed up

Beanhead said:
So far with the exception of one, Andrew Brister, those transferring out are grad transfers, lots of experience leaving, there will be more to come.
Kevin Williams, Jace Bobo, Jaire Moore, Ben Raybon, Chase Lankriet, Brister, Kyle Ergenbright so far

So…which one is your son?

Beanhead said:
None of those players came via the portal they were building it the old fashioned way until the McCaffrey clown show showed up

Yikes, that's alarming. It will be interesting to see where they end up.

The transfer portal is the new way of life in college football. It is becoming part of the new norm. Very few schools, big and small, are doing things the old fashioned way. This isn't just a UNC thing.

Also, unlike the FBS it's kind of hard to track people coming and going from programs in the FCS. At least I've struggled to follow the tracks.

So far Kevin Williams is headed to Nebraska and Chase Lankriet is headed to Lindenwood, also Chris Pope has entered the portal.

The transfer portal, along with the other new rules (specifically not having to sit out for a year if you transfer across divisions or above divisions) is crushing college football. I can't stand it. 19 year-old kids are still immature (we were all like that) and impulsive and so many now leave for so many reasons. It's gotta be difficult for coaching staffs too. Here is coach Kiffin and his opinion on the transfer portal, it's got great insight and honesty...https://sports.yahoo.com/lane-kiffin-on-the-transfer-portal-players-transfer-to-where-theyre-going-to-get-paid-the-most-183610273.html

Floydcaster said:
The transfer portal is the new way of life in college football. It is becoming part of the new norm. Very few schools, big and small, are doing things the old fashioned way. This isn't just a UNC thing.

Also, unlike the FBS it's kind of hard to track people coming and going from programs in the FCS. At least I've struggled to follow the tracks.

Yep, this isn't just a UNC thing, it's an everybody thing. I saw today that something like 40% of Texas' scholarship players next season will be new.

According to their twitter, loads of signings on signing day so that's nice to see.

Seeing all of these big names go from schools like LSU to Texas A&M as well as Nebraska to K-State, makes me wonder if we may start to see some other teams make runs because they have players that have played 3 or 4 years together. Kind of like NCAA basketball when experienced mid-major teams make runs in the NCAA tournament.

Our Fall '22 Week 2 opponent, (I think), Wyoming just lost their two best players; one of which is their QB, immediately after their Bowl win against Kent State. I just saw on their message board that 6-8 players in Laramie are planning on entering the portal. The NCAA is going to have to do something about this crap. How do coaches expect to build a program when your best players jump ship after a year-or-two? Show some commitment players!

Yeah, it really seems like the wild west, and I assume there is a trickle down effect of teams like Wyoming trying to poach good players from FCS.

Yea this transfer portal thing is not good . They need to tweak some rules and this is happening everywhere. CU has lost 12 scholarship players so far. Montana State starting QB left 2 days before their first playoff game because of hurt feelings. This transfer portal needs to change

Latest posts

Back