• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Troxel New OC

I do not believe it is unreasonable for a fan to know about coaching changes or who will be the position coaches. Maybe the position coaches announcements will be made at a later time. Justin Arias would make a good QB coach but some money will need to be freed up for another assistant coach. I am still thinking Kramer will take over the QB responsibilities with Troxel as a second choice. Kramer can always fire himself as a position coach if he wants too.

Interesting comments. First, Phenicie, IMHO, was a disaster as a OC at Montana and UNLV. 2014 showed what is possible in Pokey, albeit with a very weak schedule. If Kramer can't get it done, it can't be done. Time to bag football altogether.That would eliminate the need to replace Holt. Been at least half a dozen schools that dropped football in recent years. With the savings on men's scholarships, ISU could drop a bunch of women's sports, saving a bundle. Good luck to Troxel!

otis campbell said:
Time to bag football altogether.That would eliminate the need to replace Holt. Been at least half a dozen schools that dropped football in recent years. With the savings on men's scholarships, ISU could drop a bunch of women's sports, saving a bundle.

Oh gawd... why do I even bother with this board anymore?

otis campbell said:
Interesting comments. First, Phenicie, IMHO, was a disaster as a OC at Montana and UNLV. 2014 showed what is possible in Pokey, albeit with a very weak schedule. If Kramer can't get it done, it can't be done. Time to bag football altogether.That would eliminate the need to replace Holt. Been at least half a dozen schools that dropped football in recent years. With the savings on men's scholarships, ISU could drop a bunch of women's sports, saving a bundle. Good luck to Troxel!

:ohno:

biobengal said:
otis campbell said:
Time to bag football altogether.That would eliminate the need to replace Holt. Been at least half a dozen schools that dropped football in recent years. With the savings on men's scholarships, ISU could drop a bunch of women's sports, saving a bundle.

Oh gawd... why do I even bother with this board anymore?

I do not think ISU will drop football. ISU just needs to start winning games. I do not know when the winning streak will start but someday the Bengals will Rise. Maybe, the 2016 will be the year. I do not know. All I know is ISU hired Kramer to win games and Kramer recruited and signed all of the players on the team. Kramer has to start winning games. I do not think he can go through another losing season. He is a better coach than his record indicates at ISU. I hope he can get it done in 2016. This might be the break out year for the Bengals. We have plenty of talent. Maybe, the new recruits will inspire this team to win games. It is ll about team chemistry and staying healthy.

Otis:

I suspect that even if ISU were to drop football, if they followed it up by dropping a bunch of women's sports (which I might add has been giving ISU a lot of championships and competitive play) the government and Title IX would probably come into play.

Remember ISU still has a larger female enrollment then males. That means because proportionality comes into play regarding athletics, you have to have a specific number of women's programs that reflect the overall student percentage of females enrolled.

In short though I think neither one of your proposals will ever take place.

PBP

Biobengal took the quote out of context. The preface was"If Kramer can't do it, it can't be done." Looking for a new coach if this season is a loser is continuing the stupidity since 1981. It Kramer or bust. ISU has had one of the worst programs in one of the worst venues in all of the FCS. Kramer has stated he is here until retirement as long as he is wanted. NO other coach will make that kind of commitment. One option I failed to consider is a drop to DII, preferential to dropping FB altogether. If nothing else, this may have at least provoked some thought about alternatives to the last 34 seasons.

Latest posts

Back