• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Two more leave ISU women's basketball program

votb

Sobolewski Grants Releases to Adams and Peets
Former Bengals look to pursue new avenues as Adams returns closer to home and Peets continues education in art school

Pocatello, ID-Idaho State head women’s basketball coach Seton Sobolewski has granted both Sheila Adams and Verity Peets a release from their scholarships. Adams seeks a release to move closer to her family as she looks to attend schools in her home state of Utah, while Peets plans to attend an art school. Both were originally recruited by former ISU head coach Jon Newlee, and both plan to continue their basketball careers elsewhere.

"Shelia and Verity have decided to leave the program and we respect their decision" said head coach Sobolewski. "We appreciate the time that they spent here and we wish them the best in the future."

Freshman Adams played in all of Idaho State’s 31 games and became a regular starter for the team after sophomore Chelsea Pickering sustained a season-ending ACL tear in a game at Montana State. At the guard position she averaged 5.7 points and 2.6 rebounds for the Bengals her freshman year.

Forward Peets played in 28 games for the Bengals and started in one, a home game against Northern Arizona. She averaged 2.5 points and 2.2 rebound for Idaho State in her sophomore season.

"After spending two years at Idaho State University, I have made irreplaceable friends and created great memories that will be with me for the rest of my life,” said Peets. “Though I'm sad to be leaving such great people behind, I'm excited to start this new chapter in my life. I would like to thank the players and coaches for being so supportive, even though I'm no longer playing for Idaho State, I will always be part of the Bengal Family."

Idaho State looks forward to its four signees, who inked with the Bengals in November of 2008. Morgan Wohltman, Ashleigh Vella, Shannon Byrne, and Kaela Oakes will join the Bengals as freshman for the 2009-10 season.

I knew Verity would be transferring, but Sheila leaving is rather shocking (well, OK, maybe not that much. She went home every weekend, so I figured she was homesick).

That's a shame, Sheila was a rising star and I was looking forward to having her around to help build the program.

Have I missed something, has somebody else left since the title of this is "two more leave"? Adams could play, too bad. Peets gave us good minutes.

Latest posts

Back