• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

UM- QB G Jensen to transfer

I've been reading all about it on the UM boards, pretty crazy stuff and lots of speculation as would be expected. It'll definitely be interesting to see where he ends up. Any team would be lucky to get this guy, has good reads, hit's his marks and is mobile when he needs to be. On top of that, he throws rockets. I'm rooting for the kid.

The main thread has 523 replies spread over 27 pages. To put this in perspective, this is over 60 replies more than all the activity on this site since Jan 1. Blood on the keyboards over there. Phenicie would be aware of the content, the vitriol of eGriz as he was the topic of much of it for years. Don't know what restrictions are placed on him, but I would assume no BSC teams. Too bad for ISU, three years of eligibility left, and an All-American as freshman.

:nod: Sarcasm, I assume. There is an emoji for that, you know: :sarcasm: Use it.
You know exactly what every poster on eGriz knows....nothing. Your made up response is no better than the now 28 pages on eGriz. Speculation. Outright bullshit. If Jensen wanted anyone to know what and why, he'd take a one time user name and post the truth. But, since so many are impugning his character on that other sight, I don't think he will. He'll complete the semester(he is supposed to be almost straight A's)and get the hell out of Missoula.

Spudhead said:
I care, becaue it's conference and FCS related.

It's not rocket science, if you don't care, don't post.

Good point. I accept that. Do you think fans from another school care when our players transfer? I guarantee you not many.

Good point. I accept that. Do you think fans from another school care when our players transfer? I guarantee you not many.
[/quote]

I can't think of any ISU players who recently transferred who put up the type of numbers nor get the accolades that this kid did either. That puts him in a totally different class of "news worthiness" in my opinion.

He's a pretty special talent.

PBP

I agree PBP, I think he is a special talent. It wouldn't surprise me to see him play a year at a JC and from there transfer to an FBS school somewhere.

Bengal_believer said:
Chad Hansen?

He went on to have a great career at Cal no question. But when he played at ISU I don't think he got the same recognition as Jensen around the league or with the media.His one year at ISU he had 45 catches for 500 yards. Good but not eye-popping on a team that threw the ball. He was the fourth leading receiver on the team that year.

When he went to Cal remember there were many, including at this site, that basically wondered what he was doing.

Good call but I just think Jensen is a bigger deal.

PBP

All but one of you gets the impact of Jensen's move. For more detailed information, and speculation, there are several threads on eGriz totalling over 800 posts spread over some 50 pages. As a warning, there are at least three viewpoints presented: Pro-Stitt, Pro-Hauck, and Pro-Griz. Of course there are always the 'others' trolls, but that happens everywhere. But, even the trolls realize the level of Jensen's talent, and the impact of his decision.
Jensen has not commented, other than he would be leaving. Neither has the coaching staff, nor should they. So, everything you read is speculation, some educated speculation, but that is it.
For those readers who don't need opinions sugar coated, try MaroonBlood.com. This is where some of those banned on eGriz go to post at one another. One is even banned from the UM campus. Not for the faint of heart. At least 'R' rated, sometimes 'X.' :lol:

A JUCO QB transfer comes on campus in Sneed and Jensen decides to transfer after Spring ball? I guess Jensen feels Sneed is going to be the starter for whatever reasons. I would transfer too if I felt I was going to ride the bench after a being a starter and having a great redshirt freshmen year. Maybe, Jensen will go the JUCO route or he can drop down to play in 2018. Either way, he will be starting in 2018.

up for the challenge said:
A JUCO QB transfer comes on campus in Sneed and Jensen decides to transfer after Spring ball? I guess Jensen feels Sneed is going to be the starter for whatever reasons. I would transfer too if I felt I was going to ride the bench after a being a starter and having a great redshirt freshmen year. Maybe, Jensen will go the JUCO route or he can drop down to play in 2018. Either way, he will be starting in 2018.

Sneed also played at UNLV, and was recruited there by Hauck, so that causes things to make a bit more sense.

From listening to this interview with Colter Nuanez, I get the impression Jensen didn't really want to be at UM anymore once Stitt was fired and was kinda going through the motions after that.

Stitt was HC, OC, and QB coach, was easy going or soft, as some would say(or so the story goes), so lots of time together. Recruited by Stitt.Then, this same coach, loses to the cats two years in a row(a major no no in Missoula)and getis canned. New HC same as the old old coach, ONE OF THE winningest coachS in school history, no nonsense, competitive, disciplinarian, you WILL do it my way coach. What you did yesterday(or last year)is in the past. What you gonna do today, and tomorrow type of guy. It's Hauck's way or the highway.

otis campbell said:
Stitt was HC, OC, and QB coach, was easy going or soft, as some would say(or so the story goes), so lots of time together. Recruited by Stitt.Then, this same coach, loses to the cats two years in a row(a major no no in Missoula)and gets canned. New HC same as the old old coach, winningest coach in school history, no nonsense, competitive, disciplinarian, you WILL do it my way coach. What you did yesterday(or last year)is in the past. What you gonna do today, and tomorrow type of guy. It's Hauck's way or the highway.

Highway.

otis campbell said:
Stitt was HC, OC, and QB coach, was easy going or soft, as some would say(or so the story goes), so lots of time together. Recruited by Stitt.Then, this same coach, loses to the cats two years in a row(a major no no in Missoula)and gets canned. New HC same as the old old coach, winningest coach in school history, no nonsense, competitive, disciplinarian, you WILL do it my way coach. What you did yesterday(or last year)is in the past. What you gonna do today, and tomorrow type of guy. It's Hauck's way or the highway.

I never got the impression Stitt was soft, but he doesn't show his emotions as much as Hauck (or most coaches, really). It's hard to know for sure, though, since Stitt always closed practices (as did Delaney before him). I did see Stitt ream players during games a few times, however.

Also… Don Read is the winningest coach in Griz history, not Hauck. Hauck does have a better winning percentage, since he obviously inherited a better situation in 2003 than Read did in 1986, but he actually isn't #1 there either (Joe Glenn).

Latest posts

Back