• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Unbelievable...

Well it took all of 15 seconds for me to snap a picture of the Montana kid with the ball and his knee down and also see he threw the ball forward. If you say his knee is down that's fine but he cleared throws the ball forward. It's as bad as the missed ruling in the Arkansas game today. This clearly should have went to a second overtime. Another case of Montana getting the call in a Big Sky football game. There's no other way around it.

Fairly certain any story I wrote would have gotten me a letter of reprimand from the league office because I'd has said as much.
Former ISU SID

After play review, the officials saw the football as live or no possession of the football when knees were on the ground or the football tossed into the air therefore there was no evidence to overturn the touchdown. We had a chance to win the game on a field goal but it was not meant to be for whatever reasons as Montana capitalized on the high snap. Unbelievable, as we had opportunity to win the game especially after Montana fumbled the football on the two yard line and we recovered during OT.

I only have one question but a long introduction. OT ball on the 27 of Montana 4th down and two yards to go. Okay the kicking sucks can't even make a PAT. Is there a running back that might pick up the two yards maybe, but if he doesn't Montana is 80 yards from the house, how is the defense playing okay holding thier own. What should I do O lets kick a field goal. Who made that choice ? Head coach Mikie.....

Also I don't know any official from pop warner to pro's who wants to screw a football team. So, question is did both the officail who made the call and the replay officail both want to screw ISU I don't think so. I have watch the play many times in real action I can't tell....slow mo again I can't tell ( glad the sports crew has the technology needed for this)

Also should a team have to reley on one last ditch effort to win a game ? How many other plays made a differnce and brought us to the last kick?

up to the challenge is right. Sour grapes wouldn't have happened if "rocket man" hadn't launched the ball somewhere near the Griz red zone. Kramer's words to the Idaho Stateman nailed it. Paraphrasing, 'the ball was tossed about as hard as it could have been.....I'm surprised there isn't a hole in the wall.' MSU is will need a analrectalfootballectomy next Saturday afternoon. Prukop is struggling, and a focused pissed of team and coaching staff await them. Remember this chant when the game is in the bag: "Poooooooor Bobcats!"(repeat over and over). :rofl:

Webcaster said:
Also should a team have to reley on one last ditch effort to win a game ? How many other plays made a differnce and brought us to the last kick?

ISU kicker misses extra point. UM kicker misses FG. Only two examples in a sloppy game. Kramer may be stubborn, but compared to Stitt he's like elastic.

Webcaster said:
I only have one question but a long introduction. OT ball on the 27 of Montana 4th down and two yards to go. Okay the kicking sucks can't even make a PAT. Is there a running back that might pick up the two yards maybe, but if he doesn't Montana is 80 yards from the house........

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we ran for the 2 yards and had a loss of downs, doesn't Montana just get the ball again 25 yards out?

otis campbell said:
up to the challenge is right. Sour grapes wouldn't have happened if "rocket man" hadn't launched the ball somewhere near the Griz red zone. Kramer's words to the Idaho Stateman nailed it. Paraphrasing, 'the ball was tossed about as hard as it could have been.....I'm surprised there isn't a hole in the wall.' MSU is will need a analrectalfootballectomy next Saturday afternoon. Prukop is struggling, and a focused pissed of team and coaching staff await them. Remember this chant when the game is in the bag: "Poooooooor Bobcats!"(repeat over and over). :rofl:
Not fair to call Burtenshaw "rocket man" (although funny name). We all know he botched the snap, but equal blame goes on Tanner Gueller throwing a pick 6, and an interception in the end zone. Also you can blame the OL for letting a sack happen on 3rd down in the game, would could have scored if we get that first down... Etc etc. Team sport, team loss. REALLY SUCKS how it happen. :cry: but we just show up next week and cheer like mad against the Montana State Kittens. So Otis, you're dead on there man! :thumb: GO BENGALS!!!

Yes, if ISU would have attempted a run and not made it on fourth down, it actually would have gone to a second OT and ISU would have gotten the ball first.

I don't care what UFTC says, it's inexcusable for the official to not see the guy is sliding on the ground when he recovers the ball and that he flips it forward. Then for the replay official to miss that as well is horrific.

It doesn't mean ISU would have won, it only means a second overtime would have been necessary. I do agree that snap was a laser beam.

The one thing you have to remember is that now Frank is at New Mexico he can say it like it is without fear of reprimand. Were he still here....he would be painfully silent.

It may have been a bad call by the officials during the play for giving Montana the touchdown based on the angle of the replay. I would have liked to seen the officials overturn their call of touchdown to knee on the ground or forward lateral but they did not based on the replays. Maybe, they had a sideline camera that showed differently where they could not overturn the call. I know Kramer did not want to yell at the officials after the call was officially made but I believe I would have been giving the head official a ear full all the way to the ramp based on the original call and replay and would have taken the league suspension or reprimand. If this game was for the BSC Chanpionship or for a playoff spot I believe Kramer would not be so silent with the officials after the game and during the post game media interviews.

up for the challenge said:
It may have been a bad call by the officials during the play for giving Montana the touchdown based on the angle of the replay. I would have liked to seen the officials overturn their call of touchdown to knee on the ground or forward lateral but they did not based on the replays. Maybe, they had a sideline camera that showed differently where they could not overturn the call. I know Kramer did not want to yell at the officials after the call was officially made but I believe I would have been giving the head official a ear full all the way to the ramp based on the original call and replay and would have taken the league suspension or reprimand. If this game was for the BSC Chanpionship or for a playoff spot I believe Kramer would not be so silent with the officials after the game and during the post game media interviews.

Up, I don't know if that's what he thought but as a competitor you fight for inch, yard and mile. as a coach I'd be hoping mad about right now two days later. You can't have replay and still get it wrong!!! Its not ok we're 2-7 we can't be giving games away games while trying to build a program.

Eric - Coach Kramer said during the post game interview that he was suspended once during his career and that he would never be suspended again based on a call by the officials. I guess it is better for a coach to stay silent about officials making a call as the consequences maybe more severe than we think. For me, I would have been giving the head official an ear full all the way up the ramp and would have let it known to the media that the game should have not ended based I want I saw during the actual play and replay. To me, Kramer may have not liked the call but accepted it as he did not say anything about the call. He can talk about players not performing up to his expectations to the media but he cannot talk about the officiating during a game?

It maybe a question for votb to ask on the coaches show on Wednesday? Why Kramer did not say anything to the officials or to the media about the call if he felt the call was incorrect? Do you think Kramer would have said anything to the officials or to the media if it was for the Big Sky Championship or for a playoff spot? I would think Kramer would just say that he has to agree with the officials call and leave it to the media to say what they think about the call.

votb said:
The one thing you have to remember is that now Frank is at New Mexico he can say it like it is without fear of reprimand. Were he still here....he would be painfully silent.

No, the one thing I have to remember is how great Frank was to reach out to those beyond the athletic offices. You know, us, the fans, friends, and alumni.

I have to remember how he wasn't afraid to stay on top of all the social media trends and incorporate them into communications. Facebook, Twitter, message boards, email, even texting.

I have to remember how awesome it was when he set up online Q & A's with the AD and the different coaches. He had it set up so we could submit questions beforehand, in case we couldn't make the time the online Q&A was scheduled. Those were the most informative interviews the AD and coaches gave during the season.

I have to remember that while he didn't let us forget how short handed he was, he still had game stories and box scores online within an hour at most. He had the web info updated as soon as possible, no excuses.

I'd go back and forth with him, but he was pretty up front. He is missed here.

I agree Sasquatch.

Had some debates from time to time but the real truth, heads and tails the best fan friendly SID that ISU has had. I think he understood that fans salivate for updated rosters and things like that. He understood the importance of putting a new ISU athletics website together. Frank may have talked about staffing and the challenges he had but the job was always done. Never head him once say "if you want more give more money"...it was refreshing and I know I took what he did for granted.

Stark contrast from what we see now and the attitude that ISU doesn't have the money or the horses to get things done. The write a check or zip your mouth approach doesn't cut it with me.

up for the challenge said:
Eric - Coach Kramer said during the post game interview that he was suspended once during his career and that he would never be suspended again based on a call by the officials. I guess it is better for a coach to stay silent about officials making a call as the consequences maybe more severe than we think. For me, I would have been giving the head official an ear full all the way up the ramp and would have let it known to the media that the game should have not ended based I want I saw during the actual play and replay. To me, Kramer may have not liked the call but accepted it as he did not say anything about the call. He can talk about players not performing up to his expectations to the media but he cannot talk about the officiating during a game?

It maybe a question for votb to ask on the coaches show on Wednesday? Why Kramer did not say anything to the officials or to the media about the call if he felt the call was incorrect? Do you think Kramer would have said anything to the officials or to the media if it was for the Big Sky Championship or for a playoff spot? I would think Kramer would just say that he has to agree with the officials call and leave it to the media to say what they think about the call.

I just wanted on the record that it was a blown call.

Eric - check out my topic, Post game interview with Kramer. Why didn't Kramer say anything to the officials or to the media after the game about the call after the game? As a head coach, I would have been into the head officials ear if I believed the call that decided the game during OT was wrong. Kramer said nothing to the officials or to the media about the call other than say he was suspended once and he will never be suspended again. That tells me Kramer is leaving it up to the media to say the call was bad rather than for him to say or Kramer believes it was the correct call by the officials. As a head coach, you have to say something other than you do not want to be suspended again.

Kramer cannot comment on officiating. If he did he could be suspended from coaching the next game. The Big Sky Conference does not tolerate coaches coaches going after officials on the field or in the media. Kramer did what he has been told to do. Not comment.

bengalcub said:
Kramer cannot comment on officiating. If he did he could be suspended from coaching the next game. The Big Sky Conference does not tolerate coaches coaches going after officials on the field or in the media. Kramer did what he has been told to do. Not comment.

I see head coaches all of the time yelling out to the officials during games on calls or missed calls. I do not see them getting kicked out of games are suspended unless they go crazy. I do see a penalty for un sportsmen like conduct. I have to think Kramer felt the call was correct otherwise he would have said something to the officials during the time of the call especially with the call deciding the game in OT. You cannot fear a suspension as a head coach if you feel the call was incorrect. You stand up for your team, assistants, and fans.

Most fans who have been around a while know that there have been plenty of suspensions when it comes to Big Sky coaches criticizing officiating. It seems like it happens more in basketball, but it does happen. I wouldn't blame Kramer for criticizing, but I'm glad he showed restraint and will be on the sidelines Saturday...

For the record:

Montana State football coach Mike Kramer will not be allowed to coach the Bobcats' game at Portland State on Saturday because of his criticisms about recent officiating.

The Big Sky Conference notified MSU on Friday morning that Kramer was suspended because of his comments reported in Thursday's Great Falls Tribune, MSU announced.

Article XI, Section 3C(5) of the code says criticism of officials will result in "automatic suspension for the next scheduled game."

Read more: Missoulian: Big Sky suspends Kramer for criticizing refs

Latest posts

Back