• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

UNC Game Thread...

Wow...just looking at the box score...we did not have one player that played more than 30 minutes. I really like Vinnie McGhee, but he should not be the leading scorer in a game. We are in deep trouble and I believe a coaching change might happen at the end of the year.

As much as we probably ought to have a change, I'm glad we didn't go the Scott Skiles route. Firing someone on Christmas Eve is just about as dispicable as one can get. USF did something similar, and I don't believe it will work. SHA's suggestion of doing it at the end is the right way to go for all concerned.

SactoHornetAlum said:
Its amazing that we have no post play at all. Im trying to figure out that out...but it makes my head hurt.

You have to watch this team.... Randy Adams is offensively inept in the post, but when Justin Eller actually gets the ball in the post, he's very good. I would bet that if you were to calculate how many times he's actually had ball and a chance to make a move in the post, he'd have one of the highest percentages of "makes" we've seen here in a long time. The problem is, the ball never makes it inside unless it's an offensive rebound.

Loren Leath has gone cold and Vinnie McGhee has been shouldering the load. He can't carry this team by himself. Loren also can't guard anyone to save his life.

This team will be lucky to win 4 or 5 games in BSC play. They need Clark Woods and Loren Leath to find their stroke and they need some of the injured players to heal up. Word is Curtis Harrison may come back mid conference (mistake: he should take the whole season and take a medical RS)...

Does anyone have any possible coaching replacements in mind? :?:

Actually, as bad as we are, the conference as a whole is bad. I think you are right in getting about 5 wins. We just bad on the road...really bad. And I have watched this team. Most of the time in watching Eller, he gets blocked or is off balance in making a shot, even in close. We have never had a guy that can make a basket right under the bucket (well since we moved to D-I).

Latest posts

Back