• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

UNC @ The Rainbow Classic

Brian

Staff member
First game is Wednesday evening against Pacific.
Pacific looks like it's going to match up well against us and is a mid table team in a conference with some pretty big hitters like Gonzaga and BYU. One of the previews I saw said:
"The Tigers hauled in several players that’ll change the trajectory of the season. Coming in from Utah State is former sixth-man of the year Alphonso Anderson, a valuable player on two NCAA Tournament teams down in Logan. Perhaps the top newcomer is New Mexico Military Institute (JUCO) product Khaleb Wilson-Rouse, who finished fifth among all NJCAA D1 players in scoring last season with 20.9 points. Adding an elite spot-up shooter was on the docket for this Pacific staff this offseason, and they delivered by hauling in NAU transfer Luka Avdalovic, who shot 44.3 percent from deep. Bringing in a shooter of that caliber on a team with abysmal shooting numbers last season changes things. UNLV Transfer Nick Blake should be a major piece of the future also."

http://makingthemadness.com/west-coast-conference-preview-for-the-2021-22-season/

UNC is opening +3.5 underdogs against Pacific. Hope that line is still available when my book has the lines tomorrow morning.

I look forward to READING about these games after they're over, since it doesn't look like there's any audio/video links.

Looks like there are audio links but I am bummed that these are not on ESPN+.

It's a shame the only way to follow is on a web stream of the radio call from Pacific but we are off to a fantastic 13-0 start. Pacific seems really out of sorts.

Hume with a sensational block to end the game (as called by the Pacific radio guy). Hopefully the Bears social media presence (which has been completely absent for basketball) posts the highlights.

I am stunned that UNC has opened up as a 1.5 point favorite against Hawaii.

Can't believe I am staying up for this game (12:05am during player introductions).

Amazing first half for UNC. Super strong defense and solid shooting. I have found the Hawai'i TV announcers to be really good and fair.

It was worth staying up until 2:00am for that game. I wish it wasn't as it would have meant that we buried them instead of Hawaii really turning it around on us. Let's finish off this lovely trip to Oahu by smashing UH-Hilo and get home.

Great win by the Bears to start 2-0.

Hilo is not D1, so today should be 3-0.

Another nice thing about beating Hawaii:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMRTXriTuWs&ab_channel=SportsGrid

bearodactyl said:
Great win by the Bears to start 2-0.

Hilo is not D1, so today should be 3-0.

Another nice thing about beating Hawaii:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMRTXriTuWs&ab_channel=SportsGrid

"I don't even know what State Northern Colorado plays in." That is hysterical.

Holy cow. 20% from 3-point range and 39% FG rate overall is a recipe for a loss regardless of who you are playing. Our star players were really off (by looking at the box score) so I assume the UH-Hilo defense was all over Hume and Kuxhausen which would be my strategy against us.

Brian said:
Holy cow. 20% from 3-point range and 39% FG rate overall is a recipe for a loss regardless of who you are playing. Our star players were really off (by looking at the box score) so I assume the UH-Hilo defense was all over Hume and Kuxhausen which would be my strategy against us.

I watched in on Stats and the Bears should have won this one in regulation. Knecht is a nice addition to this team

Latest posts

Back