• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Updated Roster Posted 5/31

When you look at the roster overall, the offense will be good across positions but what really sticks out is the lack of LB and CB experienced players. Have to really hope the transfers and top freshman are ready to step up there or likely won’t be able to beat top FCS teams.

Other Hornets gone who played in 2023 (All-Big Sky Contributors)
Chris Miller
Jace O'Hara
Darian Pollard
Elijah Gable
Cobe Weeks
Ivan Garza
Tyler Perez
Ivan Garza graduated in May, now doing a business internship.
Chris Miller not showing up anywhere
Pollard graduated- coach Kee posted a photo few weeks ago with him
O’Hara- nothing showing up
Perez Instagram says Sac State Alum
Gable. Was a junior but started here in 2019
Weeks was here 4 years, since 2020.

They all had eligibility left.... so yes, Pollard graduated... but he had eligibility left. They left the team because they had eligibility left. Paperwork had to be signed they left the team because... they have eligibility left.

For fucks sake. Why do we have such stupid people on this board.

They all had eligibility left.... so yes, Pollard graduated... but he had eligibility left. They left the team because they had eligibility left. Paperwork had to be signed they left the team because... they have eligibility left.

Relax, no need to attack everyone in every post.

Most of these players listed were recruited pre-pandemic. The ones that have graduated are Hornets for life regardless of if they finish out their eligibility or not. If they no longer have the desire to play football then that's their decision. If they plyer elsewhere, then best of luck to them.

Garza is the biggest loss on that list, given he was a 3 years starter and all conference player.
Pollard was hurt a lot but looked to have potential. O'Hara was hurt last season but seemed to be more of a special teamer prior to that. Miller saw very little time after that blown route in the MSU game. Not much to say about the other folks.

There's turnover every year, no reason to over analyze it IMO. Had there been a mass exodus as soon as the portal opened then we'd be having a different discussion.

Forgot to mention Camp. Not a surprise given he was going to be the 3rd QB. He was out played by KB in the opener at Nichols last year and the rest, as they say, is history. This season it should be the KB show with Conklin getting meaningful reps in preparation for the '25 season. Camp was only going to see the field if both QB's went down with injury. Best of luck to him, he had a solid game in the playoffs last year off the bench and almost got us back in that game had a couple more plays went our way.

I agree that some people can only focus on a single line of thinking and not consider all possibilities why a player may move on.

I was merely pointing out when players posted or did not post. Is it too difficult to figure out that some people can look at their trajectory, determine that there will be no Sunday games for them, and having accomplished their goals, etc, they decide to move on?

Losing Garza is the biggest hit as others have said, 3-year all conference starter. If he's graduated and is beginning his career rather than making is life all about football for as long as possible, props to him.

There's a ton of young OL and DL that are going to get a chance to ball out this year.

The defensive backfield is going to be interesting too, Maybe Oliver and GDS share reps at NB.

There's a few more drop downs on this new roster (from San Diego State, UTEP...) and some moving up a level in play.

The core is still there and I think it's going to be a good squad moving forward...

Also. I hate the new trend of players wearing a different number every year.
I didn't know that was a trend, but in general I would agree with you, Sting. To me, there's no good purpose to be served in changing a number every year. If a number a guy wanted was held by a senior when coming in as a freshman, I could see switching when the senior leaves. Some schools have a tradition of giving certain numbers to certain people (the best receiver gets #1, the best player overall gets a certain number, etc.). I could see that. But willy-nilly changing numbers every year? Dumb....

More updates today?

D. Gandy is now #2
ETT is now #4
Scudero is now #10 (this was on a previous roster)

Also noticed several players have been designated as "SQ" which I think mean's practice squad.
#33 Rocha (LB)
#54 Hernandez (DE)
#70 Davis (OL)
#66 Daniels (OL)
#90 Haunga (DL)

Latest posts

Back