• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

USU joins PAC-12…Weber State to MWC?

Chex

It’s reported in KSL that USU joins PAC-12 while UNLV and Air Force recommitted to MWC. That leaves 7 each for PAC-12 and MWC. AAC teams turned PAC-12 down. I think each conference needs at least 2 more teams. Could get interesting…but I think Big Sky is probably better than leftover MWC.

Have you read the Sac State posts on this? They think they’re going Pac12! MWC for sure. I don’t see it, but if so, I don’t think it is a blow to the BSC. If either of the Montana’s go, it would be a terrible blow to the Big Sky Conference. I don’t see Weber even getting an invite to the MWC, plus it’s a $5,000,000.00 fee to move from FCS to FBS.

Have you read the Sac State posts on this? They think they’re going Pac12! MWC for sure. I don’t see it, but if so, I don’t think it is a blow to the BSC. If either of the Montana’s go, it would be a terrible blow to the Big Sky Conference. I don’t see Weber even getting an invite to the MWC, plus it’s a $5,000,000.00 fee to move from FCS to FBS.
UNLV is already backing out and will probably join PAC-12. I see Air Force either fighting agreement and joining PAC-12 or Nevada or SJSU joining before a Big Sky California team is pulled to PAC. The leftover 5-6 MWC teams are nothing too exciting to join in my opinion. New Mexico and Wyoming lost to Big Sky this year. I could see New Mexico State joining (possibly UTEP) and maybe 1-2 willing Big Sky participants. Who jumps on that?

It’s reported in KSL that USU joins PAC-12 while UNLV and Air Force recommitted to MWC. That leaves 7 each for PAC-12 and MWC. AAC teams turned PAC-12 down. I think each conference needs at least 2 more teams. Could get interesting…but I think Big Sky is probably better than leftover MWC.
According to latest update, both conferences now need at least one more team to meet NCAA FBS football rules (8 teams required).

UNLV is already backing out and will probably join PAC-12. I see Air Force either fighting agreement and joining PAC-12 or Nevada or SJSU joining before a Big Sky California team is pulled to PAC. The leftover 5-6 MWC teams are nothing too exciting to join in my opinion. New Mexico and Wyoming lost to Big Sky this year. I could see New Mexico State joining (possibly UTEP) and maybe 1-2 willing Big Sky participants. Who jumps on that?
It's all about the money...USU boosters are reportedly pledging millions to sweeten USU's athletics' treasury...Sac St. is trying to dive in by forming a "Sac-12" committee racing to engage boosters pledging millions for facilities, NIL, etc. Don't think any other BSC teams are really up to the task of what it takes. Remember the Montana-s showed little interest when the WAC FBS implosion rescue plan failed years back. Maybe Idaho would like to rejoin FBS, but do they have what it takes to get an invite?

Last edited:
WSU could easily ask the Mtn West to cover that fee with the payments they will get from the schools leaving to the Pac 12.

Part of their loot is being litigated now...there are a few FBS Universities (Texas St., New Mexico St., UTEP) in the running, high interest or not. Logically one would assume that inviting a FCS football team would be seen as only desperate, and that team would have to offer up some promising $$$ resources, media market ranking, to be considered. Don't see Weber State at or near the top of the list.

Part of their loot is being litigated now...there are a few FBS Universities (Texas St., New Mexico St., UTEP) in the running, high interest or not. Logically one would assume that inviting a FCS football team would be seen as only desperate, and that team would have to offer up some promising $$$ resources, media market ranking, to be considered. Don't see Weber State at or near the top of the list.
I agree in general that FCS callups are not the priority. Could be a misunderstanding on my part but I don't think an FCS callup would count towards the 8 school requirement that both the MWC and PAC 12 need to fix. I would think Tarleton State is in better position to recieve an invite than Sac State if the MWC invites at least 4 schools. UTEP, NMSU, Texas State and Tarleton State could be a good group to add. Tarleton still needs to increase budget and facilities but they are building an arena.

Latest posts

Back