• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Utah vs ISU 2014

Utesince84

Hey guys,

This is old news im sure but for some reason I just heard about the game between ISU and Utah for 2014, each year I try to learn some info about the teams the Utes are playing OOC for the next year. Figured I would come introduce myself and follow how ISU does this year. Hopefully the Bengals have a great year this year and compete for the top of the conf. Look forward to learning more about your team!

Welcome, Utesince84. Of course you probably already know that Coach Whittingham was an assistant here, about 20 years ago or so. We probably should have had the coaching done by committee then, because besides Whittingham, that staff also included Dave Christensen (Wyoming head coach) and Gary Anderson (Utah State and now Wisconsin head coach).

That is a pretty deep coaching staff! lol I knew whittingham but didnt know the other 2 coached there as well, small world!

Andy Ludwig was on that staff, too.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/andy_ludwig_833461.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As I recall (because we followed the story at KPVI) Whittingham was basically fired in mid season by then head coach Brian McNeely.

McNeely claimed that he was being "disloyal" and tried to "undercut" his authority.

Again to the best of my knowledge those claims were never proven and Kyle has gone on to have a very nice coaching career.

PBP

Whittingham's daddy extracted his revenge shortly thereafter, verbally ripping McNeeley a new one in the Salt Lake Tribune, then leading the Utes to a 66-0 shellacking of Alfredo Anderson and the Bengals on the field in 1994. Despite getting outscored 175-40 in their first three division I games that season, however, the Bengals went on to beat Montana State, Montana and Boise State and finish with a winning record.

All great info guys! I was very little when this all happened and dont remember much of it. Sounds like Utah got a lot of coaches from ISU over the years. Hopefully ISU can get its program turned around and start winning more games!

PBP said:
As I recall (because we followed the story at KPVI) Whittingham was basically fired in mid season by then head coach Brian McNeely.

McNeely claimed that he was being "disloyal" and tried to "undercut" his authority.

Again to the best of my knowledge those claims were never proven and Kyle has gone on to have a very nice coaching career.

PBP

Maybe Kyle told the players they really weren't required to attend church, regardless of what McNeely said.

:lmao:

McNeeley was simply the most untruthful, manipulative, swine of a coach in ISU history.

Why did he let Whittingham and Anderson go at the same time when the defense had a threesome of the highest performing single season LB's in ISU history? Because McNeeley was intimidated by the fact that both of those young coaches were better coaches at that time than he could ever be.

I loathe Brian McNeeley--gives me the shivers to be truthful.

Latest posts

Back