• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

WAC Collapse Imminent?

Chex

Seattle and Grand Canyon are off to the WCC. SFA is about to leave to the Southland. I expect the other Texas schools to leave in short order. Looks like SUU, UTU and UVU are left out.

I don’t see a football home for SUU and UTU. I don’t see Big Sky picking them up…especially SUU after leaving. Might have to be FCS Independents. Thought SUU would end up paying the piper for that move.

And the Texas schools may be the next out of the WAC.

I have no sympathy for SUU…well maybe the fans…their President and AD made an awful decision. UTU and UVU are kind of like the last ones out in musical chairs.

I think the WAC will hold on if ACU and Tarleton stay put. If they hold (Southland is at a 10/12 membership lineup with the SFA add) then I believe the WAC would be down to 7 full members starting in the '25-'26 year.

I think the WAC will hold on if ACU and Tarleton stay put. If they hold (Southland is at a 10/12 membership lineup with the SFA add) then I believe the WAC would be down to 7 full members starting in the '25-'26 year.
I also feel that they will do what ever they can to hold on. They have survived up to this point, barely. The travel in that conference is horrible. If UVU were to get a football program going, they would be a great addition to the BSC. There aren't any others that I feel fit our league right now.

Latest posts

Back