• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Weber State @ Lamar

We used to have a winning culture in the WSU Athletic Department. That changed when Greybeal became athletic director and has worsened even more under Crompton's lack of leadership. Not only is he lazy in his coaching hires, but he refuses to hold anybody in the athletic department -- including coaches -- accountable for their failures and properly recognized for their successes. We have some excellent coaches & people in the WSU Athletic Department, but Crompton & Greybeal are not among them. Nor is the WSU Athletics Promotion Department!!!

Perhaps we need some changes in the coaches although we do have many excellent coaches. All coaches need to be held accountable by the athletic department leaders and receive the proper resources and support to have winning programs. Currently they do not!!!

To get back the winning culture that we once had & were so proud of, we need new leadership in the athletic department that is committed to building a true winning culture rather than being satisfied with mediocrity if they can still go drinking & golfing with their cronies & buddies.
Totally agree. AD and staff have let mediocrity be expected and acceptable. Mental is not getting his team improving as time goes on…he has less than 2 years to show he can coach FCS. I honestly expect Crompton will resign him if they get a winning season this or next year because expectations are in the basement now. It will be telling on how things play out with Duft, but I think if the program has a winning record and doesn’t have bad headlines, he will get resigned as well.

I know Mickey isn't a favorite and is getting the blame BUT our 2 best offensive players imo Bankston and Sharp had a combined 5 attempts at the end zone to essentially end the game. 1 drop and 4 runs short... Best players have to make plays in that situation if you want to be a competitive team.

One thing I will blame the coaches on is the hurry up call between 1st and 2nd down inside the 5 yard line. That plus not letting the play clock run down on the other downs. Had they taken their time an 18 yard field goal to win it on 4th down could have happened well under 2 minutes or at least forced Lamar to burn some time outs and easier to feel better about that icing the game. Poor clock management by coaches. A comedy of errors all around.

Hopefully we can win a few in a row here...if not may be a long season.

Mental is not a Division 1 head coach sorry after this season the whole staff needs to be gone and start over. Myers switching O lineman regularly is awful they can't establish any continuity. The defense is also very inconsistent. I have been a season ticket holder since Mac took over but if Mental is there next year I will no longer be a season ticket holder. Crompton seems very lazy about hiring new coaches it seems all he does it wait a few weeks or a month and promote from within 🤔

Totally agree. AD and staff have let mediocrity be expected and acceptable. Mental is not getting his team improving as time goes on…he has less than 2 years to show he can coach FCS. I honestly expect Crompton will resign him if they get a winning season this or next year because expectations are in the basement now. It will be telling on how things play out with Duft, but I think if the program has a winning record and doesn’t have bad headlines, he will get resigned as well.
Sadly Chex, I'm afraid you're right.

From Standard Examiner: “You’re on the one-inch line, you go all the way down to Houston, my philosophy is you don’t deserve to win if you can’t score there...” - Mickey Mental.

Tells you all you need to know. A 2 point win, on the road, in hot and humid Texas isn’t good enough. That has to be the lowest IQ take I ever heard.

Imagine what the players will think once they read that?

Latest posts

Back