• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Weber State vs Northern Colorado

Chex

I’m hoping the Wildcats can put up a convincing win. Ed Lamb is a good coach, but Wildcats need to keep developing confidence ahead of the road games at Sac State and NAU.

Coach Lamb is a good defensive guy. I fully expect their D to be a challenge for our young O. They will likely show a lot of creativity in trying to slow us down. Last year we had to come from behind to beat them at their place. I'm hoping we don't let it get that close at our place. After a less than spectacular performance at UM, I would expect our D will want to regain a little of their prior swagger. I'm sure they are working on all of that in prep for this game.

I have to believe our outside the hash passing game has been noticed. It’s curious that we don’t see much across the middle. I also believe the moment D’s overcommit to the outside pass, the middle will be attacked, just not sure how good it will perform because I haven’t seen much of it. But that’s a punch we haven’t even used yet. Could the side-arm sling be a reason?

We've scored over the middle with several passes this year. However, we are running off tackle more, and less dives/traps this year. Probably due to the fact that it is working better for us.

1 pass inside the hash marks, so far, yet NorCo can’t stop the scoring. I wonder if the side-arm sling is why? It’s really interesting because Munoz is on target, and has been slinging it. Good stats.

Munoz terrible taking care of the ball. Awful, awful football. Entire team was flat. I can pretty much bet the farm they aren’t coming back.

Vintage Mental. UNC has lost 18 straight rolls in to town and the Wildcats show up flat, fumble the ball 6 damn times lose it four times…jumps offsides on a fourth down commits several penalties…hands the damn game to a hapless awful Bears team.

Why the hell do the dress like the Jerry Graybeal Wildcats?! They sure played like them. Destroy that white helmet.

Mental needs to be let go at the end of the year. Third game that was lost due to poor coaching. The Bears are awful but they didn’t make as many mistakes as the Wildcats.

Bench Munoz next week.

Embarrassing. Happy homecoming.
As excited as we all were for one win in Missoula, we have three crappy losses against Lamar, McNeese, and UNC. They will drop plenty more. If Mental is not fired after this year, I’m done going to football games. I left after the third quarter fully knowing they would lose. They showed up flat and look disinterested. Mental did not sit Munoz down a series with him holding the ball like a loaf of bread.. They could have quick striked and buried this team early, instead they played a slow down game with low energy, turned the ball over frequently, committed crucial penalties. UNC first TD was like five mistackles. To quote Homer Simpson, “That team sucked, they just flat out sucked, they were the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked.”

There is no culture or discipline left over. It was easier to watch Hill’s first year team that was 2-10 because they were scrappy and played sound fundamental football. I knew things were going to improve and create a culture of winning football. Now I watch a more talented team find surprising and mind-blowing ways of losing to less talented teams. Munoz went from 6 TDs to 4 fumbles and an INT (not pulled for even one series).

From swagger to stagger, this Wildcat team back from a highlight win in Missoula, let the tires go flat & popped the balloon of hope that things were looking up. Did it in a fashion of lame play calling, lack of discipline and effort...things that foretell a breakeven season at best. Youth & inexperience are lame excuses at this juncture! Back to a middling future for this football program.

Vintage Mental. UNC has lost 18 straight rolls in to town and the Wildcats show up flat, fumble the ball 6 damn times lose it four times…jumps offsides on a fourth down commits several penalties…hands the damn game to a hapless awful Bears team.

Why the hell do the dress like the Jerry Graybeal Wildcats?! They sure played like them. Destroy that white helmet.

Mental needs to be let go at the end of the year. Third game that was lost due to poor coaching. The Bears are awful but they didn’t make as many mistakes as the Wildcats.

Bench Munoz next week.
I think Mental needs to be fired sooner. I propose Monday morning!!!

I think Mental needs to be fired sooner. I propose Monday morning!!!
We all know Crompton won’t do that. We’ll be lucky if he doesn’t give him a three-year extension if he goes 6-6 next year.

Just a few quick things. When Wildcats needed to go with pace, they marched down the field in 1:30 to get a TD before half. Instead of ever going fast, we had the typical line up fast, Munoz clap, they all stand up and stare at the sidelines, and a play comes in the last 8 seconds. This allowed a team along with all the fumbles, that had no business staying in the game to hang around.

Before desperation drives, we went deep down the field twice. One was a TD and one was a catch out of bounds. Wildcats never kept D honest after that. Mental seems to want to work on one thing at a time on drives: edge runs, slants, or bubble screens. I’m surprised a flea flicker or halfback pass has never been utilized to keep a D honest.

The quote in the Standard says it all. When gently asked if he considered pulling Munoz for a series, Mental kind of rambles and just said if the ball was taken care of, the game would have been a lot different and that some accountability has to be done. He then says something like could have, should have, would have. Um Coach, you are the person who holds players accountable. If you don’t take a player out after mistakes or dumb penalties, they won’t learn. You are the person who can call timeout and fire up the team. The fact you made that quote shows you don’t understand that. The fact you stayed with Weisser the whole game of a 40-0 drubbing or waited over half the year to make the switch shows that to, the fact you never are firing your team up shows it.

One great game on the road doesn’t wipe away three losses due to poor decisions and not due to the opposition’s skill.

Latest posts

Back