• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Week 8 - Sac State vs Weber State

I’m a fan of Carson Conklin. He’s developing well.

It’s important to remember that he’s a RS freshman. Still lots of room to grow.

And there are times he’s looks absolutely phenomenal. Whether or not it actually happens, I think the kid has the talent to be among the better QB’s the program has ever had.

It’s the OC’s job to select good playbook then from sky box scout the D scheme and send QB his play call.
I feel we can win games if our OC has his act together. We have enough talent to play w anybody in the BigSky to be competitive.

This team has too much talent to be 1-2 in conference, especially against the competition they’ve faced.

Troy Taylor wasn’t a perfect play caller or strategist, either. But his teams still won most every Big Sky game they played during his 3 season tenure, winning 23 of 24 conference games.

And it could be argued that the talent on the teams that won all those games wasn’t any better or deeper than it is today.

The differences, so far as I can tell, are the level of preparedness (the past two teams don’t appear as focused) and consistency of the play calling on both sides of the ball.

MSU, Montucky seem to have figured out to have annually consistent low scored upon defenses. Same with FUCD and overall program success on both D & O.

Andy Thompson needs to be a full time HC or full time DC, not both.

I mostly agree.

I get why Coach Thompson got the HC gig in the wake of Taylor’s departure. He is a long-time veteran coach in the Big Sky that paid his dues.

However, in hindsight, I don’t believe he was the right choice. Nor do I believe that his talents are best suited as a HC.

I believe Kris Richardson as HC and Thompson remaining as DC (only) would have been the better scenario for this program.

But most coaches have aspirations of being a head coach regardless whether it is the best fit for them and Thompson had the most time in and experience.

I realize that KR is “associate HC”, but let’s be real. He’s still not the overall decision maker. Further, I believe KR could better handle multiple duties of the line, run game, and HC (if he didn’t delegate the former) much better than Coach Thompson can handle the defense and HC responsibilities.
Fresques/Thompson just about choked the game after the errant pick 6 and subsequent 17pt Weber onslaught to crawl back into the game. This team has to learn to put the game away. Bankston and 234yds was running at free will against the Hornets.

Hornets didnt win the game, they just didn't lose it. It was a failure of the Weeb kicker, which was a miraculous event in itself as he is their all time scorer.

I agree with you here, too. After all the chaos, it’s easy to forget that Weber’s kicker missed a high percentage FGA. If not for that good fortune, the Hornets may not have escaped the situation they created for themselves via the idiotic play call and subsequent player execution.

That 4th quarter was most definitely a “choke job” but completely avoidable with higher IQ coaching/management.

If we were just talking about one game here, it could be excused or overlooked. But we’ve seen the same M.O. for multiple games this season and at times last season.

Latest posts

Back