• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Week 2 Prediction Thread EWU 63 vs CWU 14

luckyintheorder

Looking forward to a continuation of the aggressive defensive stylings from the UNLV win. Was it inexplicable the Rebels didn't just keep pounding the rock? :shock: Regardless, Eags showed some toughness and desire in that contest and looking for the D to put some hurt on CWU this week. Offensively, there should be no ceiling on the scoring output and want to see some of the other RB's get more carries.

EB3 will throw it around with impunity and have a 4 TD day and just over 350+ yards. CWU won't be able to cover the receivers and expect EB3 to make faster decisions. If he does not show some improvement in his reads this week, it could be a long season after this promising start. Over 80 offensive plays 45+ runs and approx 500 yards.

D should hold them to 3 or 4 field goal attempts depending on how often the offense turns it over and field position.

EWU 38 - CWU 9

LastingElectricAustralianfurseal-size_restricted.gif

luckyintheorder said:
rontheoldwiseeagle2 said:
ewu 54 / cwc 14

You're probably closer to the mark Ron. Not up to speed on CWU this year, although i think they've recruited fairly well.

Hope I'm wrong....35-21...4th quarter Eag surge finally puts this game out of reach.
You don't put up 66 without having some strong players on offense.
GO EAGS!

A look ar their Central's roster and it's loaded with transfers. One ot two from almost every BSC teams(EWU as well)..North Dak,UW, BSU, Oregon St. Their new QB is a 6'6 225lber (from STELIACOOM) who has a scrabbilly beard so he looks slow. He went 14-22 for 322 and 5td's. and scrambled around for 13 yards on 5 scrambles. They ran it 35+ times for 167yds and threw it deep several times with connections. I sure hope we go up quick and coast getting lots of players game experience and starters a break. Harrison will make all his fg's and get condidence back.
*Think we may run it to get run game down we averaged 2.9 yds a rush last week and expect that to dbl.
**EB# will do his thing.
***Our Dline wil make the kid with scabbilly beard shave after the game.
****Graham and Doyle will make us shake our heads (and CWU players, literally).

red-numbers-45-on-white-260nw-467006930.jpg

red-3d-number-10-260nw-55247293.jpg

I think Central is pretty damn good on offense. We'll find out if our D has actually improved, or UNLV was fool's gold during regulation.

I'd love to see some big wide scoreline for an easy win, but I could easily see this one being tight if the D can't keep them buttoned up. I don't think Central is any lesser of an opponent than UNLV.

I'm a pessimist by nature, granted. But the fact they're a D2 program means nothing to me. They'd beat a lot of Big Sky teams. I'd gladly be wrong and see a romp.

LDopaPDX said:
I think Central is pretty damn good on offense. We'll find out if our D has actually improved, or UNLV was fool's gold during regulation.

I'd love to see some big wide scoreline for an easy win, but I could easily see this one being tight if the D can't keep them buttoned up. I don't think Central is any lesser of an opponent than UNLV.

I'm a pessimist by nature, granted. But the fact they're a D2 program means nothing to me. They'd beat a lot of Big Sky teams. I'd gladly be wrong and see a romp.

Good perspective from Obzerver on some of the talent on the CWU squad. I fully expect the D to shut them down with the speedy and aggressive DL play + the Boise transfer. it will be up to the LB's and Safeties to stop the screens CWU will likely use to counteract the pass rush. I just don't see CWU having the overall talent, speed, physicality, etc.. to compete but certainly understand the reluctance to embrace the results we saw in week 1. If I'm "pessimistic", it's about Shoemaker's ability to hang in a shoot out, not the offensive talent for Eastern on the field against a D2 team. So no shootout's please :) I remember when Shoemaker brought CWU to Eastern the last time and we had many of the same reservations only to watch the Eags put a spanking on the Wildcats.

https://goeags.com/sports/football/stats/2018-19/central-washington-university/boxscore/4124

How many TO's? I'm going to go with CWU 3 TO's and Eags 2 TO's. I also still want to see Chisum break one on a kickoff, let's hope the special teams gets off the short bus this week.

luckyintheorder said:
LDopaPDX said:

Good perspective from Obzerver on some of the talent on the CWU squad. I fully expect the D to shut them down with the speedy and aggressive DL play + the Boise transfer. it will be up to the LB's and Safeties to stop the screens CWU will likely use to counteract the pass rush. I just don't see CWU having the overall talent, speed, physicality, etc.. to compete but certainly understand the reluctance to embrace the results we saw in week 1. If I'm "pessimistic", it's about Shoemaker's ability to hang in a shoot out, not the offensive talent for Eastern on the field against a D2 team. So no shootout's please :) I remember when Shoemaker brought CWU to Eastern the last time and we had many of the same reservations only to watch the Eags put a spanking on the Wildcats.

https://goeags.com/sports/football/stats/2018-19/central-washington-university/boxscore/4124

How many TO's? I'm going to go with CWU 3 TO's and Eags 2 TO's. I also still want to see Chisum break one on a kickoff, let's hope the special teams gets off the short bus this week.

NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO

Don't tempt fate. Our kickoff return game is sketchy as hell. Let's just catch the ball and start at the 25.

One of 5 things can happen on a kickoff return
1. You get a good return
2. You get a bad return
3. You get a turnover
4. You get a penalty
5. You get injuries (Dre Dorton, anyone?)

4 of those 5 things are bad. I don't like those odds.

Obzerver said:
speaking of turnovers...EWU is 58-0 when we win turnover battle...that's insane!

9PWrgEW.gif

That is nuts. Where'd you pull that statistical gem from? 4 out of 5 dentists want to know. Plus, I can't unsee that weird picture now... thanks :sarcasm:

giphy.gif

BTW, agree with Dopa that a superb outcome probably isn't worth the risks on KO returns.

Latest posts

Back