• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

What will it take?

PSUVikings

What would it take to you, as a fan, to fulfill what UNC fans want? Better facilitys? better sports teams, administration, other?

Better fan support. Both from the community and the students themselves. I want us to aveage 10,000 fans for football and 2,000 for basektball in the next two years.

Beardown said:
Better fan support. Both from the community and the students themselves. I want us to aveage 10,000 fans for football and 2,000 for basektball in the next two years.

That would be really nice and is not too far out of reach.

We either need a winning product or someone needs to go over to CSU or down to CU and ask what they are doing to draw crowds.

Ursa Major said:
We either need a winning product or someone needs to go over to CSU or down to CU and ask what they are doing to draw crowds.

I assume you're talking about football there. I've heard CU basketball is a rather poor draw. I've seen photos from some of thier games and don't know if I should laugh or cry.

I don't follow much college football as WSU doesn't have a team at the moment, but I think your basketball attendance will slowly but surely increase as your team improves.

First off SubGod, I'm glad to see you survived. I'm not sure where Greensboro is but I'm going to assume it's nowhere near you. I have a nephew next door in El Dorado and I didn't hear anything bad so that's a plus for you guys. You're right about the fans coming with the wins. CU will pick up this year after grabbing Bdzelic( Don't ask because I have no idea how to spell it). I don't follow basketball very closely but everyone seemed pretty pleased with Boyle's job this year. So, I assume that the stands will fill up pretty soon. Football...that's another story.

I actually live in a small town between Wichita and El Dorado. Greensburg is I believe 4 counties west of here and is about 130 miles away. Still, we've had a lot of bad weather throughout the state and luckily most of it has stayed a little west of Wichita. I'm not sure we're safe just yet though as more rain and storms are expect the next 3 days. Flooding has become the biggest concern in most parts of the state. Being from a small town, smaller than Greensburg, stories like this still scare me. I can only imagine what a tornado 1.7 miles wide would do.

Sorry for getting side tracked a little. But this is obviously a big story around here.

Best of luck to you guys. I've enjoyed my time here and on the old forum and think you have a nice community here. I love football and would love to have it back in Wichita. I hope you guys can get your program heading in the right direction as I know how much that could do for the school as a whole as well. And I still think Boyle will make you guys happy.

First of, sorry for the misspelling of the town name, I should have checked before I wrote. Second, there's a town between Wichita and El Dorado? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, Kansas has a town every 20 miles like clock work. Plus, each one has a small college and a football team. You gotta love Kansas.
As far as UNC sports, we'll be back around. I think that the AD went for too much, too soon, and we are having some adjustment issues.Plus, we have also been the red headed step child to CU and CSU athletics. I think that they get most of the fan base. As I stated, we just have to market the crap out of the fact that we are NOT ,CU or CSU and we have something different to offer. Keep your eyes on the sky and your pants rolled up, because you know as well as I do that this time of year, things can change on you real quick. Just think, you still have the humidity to look forward to!!

No worries about the spelling. Close enough. In the Wichita Metro there are a number of towns nearby. El Dorado is about 20 miles I believe from Wichita and there are acutally 2 towns between the two.

As far as marketing goes you definately have to find something. I know what it's like to be the so called lesser school as we fought for a long time with that with the likes of Kansas and Kansas State. Build up the local marketing campaign and really reach out to those around you. Once you can secure a decent foundation you can spread your scope more.

We do seem to have a lot of small colleges now that you mention it. Once of the best JUCO conferences in both basketball and football is in KS and we do have a number of D2 and NAIA schools. Maybe we just stress education :lol:

Latest posts

Back