• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Where is everyone???

I can't load the video of the game but listening to the Sac State feed for the heck of it. The announcers are interesting and entertaining in their own particular way. :rofl: Wonder if they have a cooler of beer in the booth while they chit chat and comment on the game? Like a couple of guys watching a game while sitting in front of the TV in someone's family room. Wonder how nice their Adidas clothing is?
Get a sense of humor - if you root for the ISU Bengals you need one! :lol:

Off topic but I wonder how many people in Eastern Idaho are actually listening to the game on either the internet feed or regular old radio. Anyone ever get any stats from either KSEI or the internet providers? I can't imagine that many of us huddled around a speaker faithfully listening to these games.
Sac State just got the TD +2. Put a fork in. We're cooked and done.

notabengalalum said:
Off topic but I wonder how many people in Eastern Idaho are actually listening to the game on either the internet feed or regular old radio. Anyone ever get any stats from either KSEI or the internet providers? I can't imagine that many of us huddled around a speaker faithfully listening to these games.
Sac State just got the TD +2. Put a fork in. We're cooked and done.

My wife and I were just talking about our loyalty, how many of these disastrous road games have I listened to the past 40+ years? All in hope of one more 1981 for me.

bhumble said:
4ISUfans said:
Our offense is Vanilla. We never change formations or looks, so easy to defend.

Our offense left with T Mobile

The offense didn't leave with Tavoy Moore. The offense is not there because they don't have the talent yet up FRONT to be competitive at this level.

The offense is predictable? Of course it is--because everybody and their dog knows that ISU cannot run block or protect the passer. The Quarterback is struggling because he is getting his ass rocked 20 times a game. Everybody wants ISU to run the ball, guess what, they can't. See the last three years prior to Kramer.

We need to understand that this is going to take time. Idaho State University football has NEVER faced the obstacles and challenges than it is facing right now.

There is no quick fix and no matter who we choose to blame, fixing it will take years. Multiple years.

Extend his contract now because if Kramer can't do it, nobody can.

BengalCub,

I respectfully agree and disagree with you on a few points.

Begin venting:

1. Coach talks about building a tradition of winning. I agree 100%, very much needed. Then lets start coaching now to put our team in a position to WIN. Why do we need to resort to trickery to move the chains? We didn't fake punt once but twice and NO ONE was fooled. Can we get back to basics of football for gosh sakes!

1. 4th and inches and we pass. O.k. at this point we are not killing it on the run but Daniels was getting 3 yards a run and we only needed inches. Put a FB in front of him get 8 inches and move the chains. At minimum QB freaking sneak the ball. I believe another similar situation we ran the ball on got the first down. To me this is a no brainier. Lets eat the elephant one bite at a time, one down at a time. Pass the ball on 4th and inches when we virtually have been playing the majority of the season with one receiver? Bad call IMO and again it failed.

2. I agree that injuries are really hampering this team on offense and we have to be patient however my concern right now is more in the area of game day scheming than anything else. In as much as the players need to be accountable for their work on and off the field I believe the coaches need to do same for their lack of adjustments and play calling. Again IF were willing to attempt fake punts to get first downs why are we not willing to attempt to run the ball in short yardage situations. Its the right call and right play.

Everyone can see that Yost is getting killed in the pocket and he has little time to read and release. Perhaps someday we will have 6'5 athletic OL to block for him or Aries or? That day isn't now and the Offense needs to adjust to what we CAN do not what we WANT to do in future.

Yesterdays game was a very winnable game and the way we left the Defense hanging after a valiant effort was a hard pill to swallow. They deserved a better outcome. Best game the D has played all year!

The players need to be accountable " Special Teams " and "disappearing WR core" as well as the coaches for not putting the team in the best situation to win the damn game.

I want to see this team get back to basics of fundamental football and situational play calling. Win or lose I can live with that.

End Venting..

The instant fix guys are coming out of the closet, go figure. We win one game a season for the past three years and Kramer is supposed to turn that around in one season, get real. Between the failure of Zamberlin, Lewis, and the previous administration to keep kids in school and eligible we are now faced with less scholarship’s, less practice time, and the fact we are giving scholarship’s to former walk-ons just to raise our GPA. We are averaging 15 scholorshiped kids a game who cannot play. Many of them are kids who had injuries prior to coming to ISU and should not have received a scholarship here or anywhere else. In other words they are dead weight and will take time to move on. It is an uphill climb folks and will not happen fast. We will be better next year and the year after as the players get used to Kramer's methods as well as more of his kid's rather than Zamblerlin's. But it was never going to happen immediately as some of you seem to expect.

Wow. Doesn't matter whether it's football or basketball, we seem to treat coaches and student athletes as though they were a jug of milk with a shelf life. Some enjoy what they've got while others try to move the date up a couple weeks, making the contents sour for everyone else. I'm not saying be happy with what we've got, but at least we should stand with those who are in the arena fighting to change it. The hell with *reality*. Let's celebrate and stand with those who are creating a new reality.

bill_idaflls said:
Wow. Doesn't matter whether it's football or basketball, we seem to treat coaches and student athletes as though they were a jug of milk with a shelf life. Some enjoy what they've got while others try to move the date up a couple weeks, making the contents sour for everyone else. I'm not saying be happy with what we've got, but at least we should stand with those who are in the arena fighting to change it. The hell with *reality*. Let's celebrate and stand with those who are creating a new reality.[/ quote]YES YES YES!!!!! If we are going to believe in this team we have to support the process. Way to go Bill!

Fellow fans,

please don't misinterpret questioning the rational of X's and O's that occur during the course of a game with not supporting a "process" or expecting overnight results. These are not one in the same.

I for one am 100% in support of the changes being made to improve the work ethic and level of commitment to the program both on and off the field. I support Coach Kramer and staff to rebuild and reinvent a winning identity. However that doesn't have to equate to agreeing with every call or non call on the field.

Ultimately this is still a game and the objective is to WIN, and not coach your team in such a way to reduce their chance of meeting that objective.

IMO, no one should ever be above accountability for their actions or non actions. Everyone has to own their stuff.

I want to get this straight...a coach who faces the music and admits when something is on him, has tremendous recruiting restrictions in place, and is trying to fix a program that won three games in three years, and has 2 wins this year, and the Bengals are competitive...and there's bitching?

What Mike has established in his short time is nothing short of amazing. Is ISU 2-8? You betcha....but let me ask you this....is there pride back in Bengal football? Hell yes there is. There is talk before every game about the fact that the Bengals can win....I don't remember that last year or the other years.

Kramer needs time, and he can fake punt all he wants, and pass and run and do whatever...the guy plays to win. I agree....extend him another year (we did that with Lewis after his first season).

Former ISUSID

Latest posts

Back