• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Where was Golden? Will Luke Austen play next week?

Loyal Fan

Does anyone know what the deal was with Brandon Golden. He was suited up, but I don't think he played a down. Is he in the doghouse? Injured? Something else? I think Pat Cater came in as the nickel back and seemed to do a good job. But, we still need help back in the secondary.

Will Luke Austin suit up next week? What exactly was his injury?

I was really impressed with all of our receivers. They seemed to do a very nice job hanging on to the ball. Richmond did his usual solid job. And, I was incredibly impressed with Tyler Wright. He did an amazing job of hanging on to the ball after taking some pretty good hits. I think he is doing as good or better than Josh Hill did at this stage in his career. Its going to be nice having him and Josh Cook as tight ends -- plus Hansen, Mangum and Malcom as wideouts and/or slots -- for the next 3 or 4 years.

Running game still isn't working. I don't know if it ever will.

I was wondering where Golden was as well. In the post game show Kramer mentioned that someone missed curfew last night and did not play today because of it. That would be my guess. Austin could have played according to Kramer in the pregame--probably just playing it safe.

This game gave me some serious concerns. ISU got zero push in the run game and Arias god pressured a lot more than he should have. But the worst part was the lack of emotion and execution on the defensive side of the ball. If the corners don't play better its gonna get ugly in Bengal land.

Next week is going to be nasty, I hope the defense doesn't fracture like they did after Nebraska last year.

Not all is negative--I like the distribution to the WR's. Arias is a lot better QB than I thought he would be. Its also nice to see Garcia have a nice run of 6 straight FG's.

You saw what I saw, Cub. The O line is just not physical right now, and our DBs really got taken advantage of. I think the over-under for Washington points next week is 49-- for the first half. Have to hope the Bengals come out of the game relatively healthy and with a minimum damage to confidence.

I'm really disappointed with the attendance as only 4,560 people showed, which was about 1000 less than last week. I just hope that when league play begins that there will be a lot better turnout. I think that some of these games this year will be winnable. I was pretty happy to see that Weber's been outscored 140-13 in their last two games. And am really happy that Idaho's started out at 0-3 and should get demolished next week against Washington State.

boisebengal said:
I'm really disappointed with the attendance as only 4,560 people showed, which was about 1000 less than last week. I just hope that when league play begins that there will be a lot better turnout. I think that some of these games this year will be winnable. I was pretty happy to see that Weber's been outscored 140-13 in their last two games. And am really happy that Idaho's started out at 0-3 and should get demolished next week against Washington State.

Ppl in this community are so lame... I feel the same way about the attendance... Just look at the people that make it up, there values? So bad....

All, why do you care if Idaho does horrible, that is a team that represents our state.

Just like BSU, I always want them to win, they give our state recognition. Just think of it in that way.

I would give our team a B for this game. C+ for our OFF And B+ for our D. O-line needs to be more better when it comes to the runner. We should of had a lot more rushing yards. It needs to be balanced out. 450 some yards passing is great, but relying on that all the time is gonna be bad when we play conference teams. Western St. was good on D, however, need should have put up 40 to 50 points in this game. I just didn't sense any energy. For the D, two weeks in a row, i have seen them play the best I have seen them is a couple of years. I wanna see more blitz. Be more aggressive.

If we would have had played, U of M, Weber st., I would have gave us an A. However, it was verse a D2 school.

FOB, some things never change. Like Blackfoot Bengal said, a lot of us old timers will always consider BSU and Idaho to be our rivals because back when they were in the Big Sky they were our rivals. Actually, Weber and BSU were probably our most fiercest rivals and for me it will never change, even though I've lived here for about 21 years. But if I had a choice I'd prefer BSU over Idaho, because Idaho has no business playing football at the 1-A level and they have an attitude about themselves that they're so much more superior than any other Big Sky school. And they still think of BSU and Wazzu as their rivals, and really, BSU wants to try to distance themselves from the Vandals. Idaho made their bed and now they're suffering the consequences. ISU and BSU both need Idaho to just lose, lose, lose, so that the Vandals will soon go back to the Big Sky for FB as well as for the other sports, which they'll go back to the Big Sky in the Olympic sports beginning next year.

Justin Arias is currrently leading the FBS/FCS in total offense with 453 ypg, and leads the FCS in passing with 434 ypg (Jared Goff of Cal has 435 ypg).
Good start for him. More people need to come out and watch.

I'm glad everyone is excited about big numbers and a 2-0 start, cuz it's gonna get ugly again from here on out. We might find a way to win 1-2 more, but the bottom line is, other than a handful of legitimate D1 players, ISU doesn't have the players on the line of scrimmage to control games. I think the coaching overall is pretty good, but we don't have the horses like we did when Larry Lewis put a competitive product on the field for several years. If they'll leave the Kramer staff alone for several more years, it could definitely change. I'm hoping to see a day in the not too distant future where we aren't laughed at and actually have a legit product on the field.

up for the challenge said:
letuknow - What happened with your prediction that Golden will be starting very soon?

letuknow said:
I agree Cub, Goldin I think will be starting very soon. Great ATHLETE.

Missed curfew will keep you off the field. Do you simply exist on this board to try and pick fights?

Sounds like you are picking the fights bengalcub? When a poster starts saying second string players should start over first string players on the board you better explain yourself as that is a coaching decision with the players.

Hey PBP, I'm glad to see you're writing some articles on the side for the Twin Falls paper and they're giving us some coverage, even though we get nothing relative to what BSU gets. And I really thought that writers for that paper were hateful towards ISU, considering how mean of an editorial that one of them wrote a few years ago saying that ISU should either drop FB or move to D-2. Former SID Frank wrote a response to that editorial and they refused to put it in their paper.

Boise:

Glad you enjoy them. It helps bring in a little additional income and gives ISU some publicity.

Unfortunately they have cut back a lot on what they used to do regarding ISU. They don't even cover basketball anymore, had nothing all year for example when the women won the championship.

I've tried to get them more involved but so far no luck. And they've also cut back on what they pay for a story by half over the past few years too.

PBP

Its just best to ignore notupforANYchallenge. She/he/they are clueless. I think the saddest part about beckman getting hurt is we now have to listen to her/him/they for a year longer than expected.

letuknow - Why not use the first stringer name that Golden should replace? It is not like nobody knows who you are talking about? Cub did not mention players names as he used the word DB, but you follow up by using a players name. I wonder what the first string DB thinks about you after making that comment? He may want to put you in full gear for a tackling dummy. I believe the starting players are a coaches decision. Golden wants to earn a starting position on his own and not by your comments.

The loss to Beckman hurts the team. I didn't say anything negative about him. I haven't said anything negative about the player I think Golden will replace either. In my opinion Golden is the better player.

letuknow - Why not use the player name that Golden should replace? It is not like nobody knows who you are talking about. What other second string players names do you want to throw out there that you think should be starting over the first stringers? Golden or any other second string player will start when the coaches believe they should be the starter. That is why they have practice, games, and game films.

Thank you for putting me in my place. It is so humbling to have a football guru like you with never ending football knowledge on the board.

Latest posts

Back