• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Why Did Wildcats Schedule SUU for Six Games Starting 2026?

Chex

I was hoping the Wildcats would move on and not bother scheduling SUU…guess it’s a money saver, but still would rather see a good FCS home and home with a MVFC or CAA team.

https://fbschedules.com/southern-utah-weber-state-schedule-six-game-football-series/

I guess it's better to have your beat down team be a FCS than schedule a D11 or D111. Sounds like most of the games are pre-season, so it will be a good tune up for league play. There is probably a little simpathy for SUU and their plight right about now. You can't help but to feel bad for them not being able to make it in the BSC, and Cedar City is such a back water town. I dont even get gas there any more. No matter what station I have my radio tuned to, banjo music starts playing as I pass Cedar. Gives me the creeps. :coffee:

oldrunner said:
I guess it's better to have your beat down team be a FCS than schedule a D11 or D111. Sounds like most of the games are pre-season, so it will be a good tune up for league play. There is probably a little simpathy for SUU and their plight right about now. You can't help but to feel bad for them not being able to make it in the BSC, and Cedar City is such a back water town. I dont even get gas there any more. No matter what station I have my radio tuned to, banjo music starts playing as I pass Cedar. Gives me the creeps. :coffee:

By 2026, SUU might be a D11 or D111 team. The WAC is one gentle breeze away from collapsing. Who wants to play down there where they will have Skeeter (wearing googles) as the referee. Guess even with that, they still got a 62-0 beat down.

Chex said:
oldrunner said:

By 2026, SUU might be a D11 or D111 team. The WAC is one gentle breeze away from collapsing. Who wants to play down there where they will have Skeeter (wearing googles) as the referee. Guess even with that, they still got a 62-0 beat down.
Whoa there, you may want to tread lightly when it comes to knocking the WAC. I was absolutely ripped apart on this fan board for doing the exact same thing.... :-D
Anywho, I dont have a problem with WSU scheduling the Thunder Chickens. Its a local FCS game with moderate interest in the state and the way things have been going its as close to an automatic W that counts towards the playoff for WSU.

:lol: The WAC is a steaming pile of crap right now. With it's current trajectory, in 10 years they will be a Texas D11 league. For some reason, they don't want to just roll over and die. They seem to prefer a slow painful demise. Dixie and UVU have real potential, but they have chosen that same path. NMSU does not seem to have any choice in the matter. Nobody wants them. They are a lot like UI was when they were trying to be FBS. :coffee:

oldrunner said:
:lol: The WAC is a steaming pile of crap right now. With it's current trajectory, in 10 years they will be a Texas D11 league. For some reason, they don't want to just roll over and die. They seem to prefer a slow painful demise. Dixie and UVU have real potential, but they have chosen that same path. NMSU does not seem to have any choice in the matter. Nobody wants them. They are a lot like UI was when they were trying to be FBS. :coffee:

NMSU is going to join C-USA 7/1/2023 along with SHSU. Really, if one more team bolts back to the Southland with Lamar, the WAC could really collapse. I think SFA and the other Texas schools including Incarnate Word will eventually go back to the Southland. I don’t see it being financially stable, and I’m sure fans would rather see Texas schools than SUU, Utah Tech, and UVU (for basketball). Then it’s how long can SUU and Utah Tech operate as FCS Independents before they may need to drop to D11?

Chex said:
oldrunner said:

NMSU is going to join C-USA 7/1/2023 along with SHSU. Really, if one more team bolts back to the Southland with Lamar, the WAC could really collapse. I think SFA and the other Texas schools including Incarnate Word will eventually go back to the Southland. I don’t see it being financially stable, and I’m sure fans would rather see Texas schools than SUU, Utah Tech, and UVU (for basketball). Then it’s how long can SUU and Utah Tech operate as FCS Independents before they may need to drop to D11?
I hope there is a clause in the contract that allows us to get out of it when SUU drops to D11. They probably should never have attempted D1 at all. :bad:

I hate SUU as much as the next Wildcat fan but they were a solid rivalry to have year in and year out. With them gone we dont really have a rival anymore. As much as we consider the Montana's as rivals they dont see us the same way. And you know Idaho State fans would rather see the Bungles beat Idaho over us. Who does that leave us with? Nobody. Plus SUU was an easy road trip every other year. Despite having an absolutely atrocious stadium.

The decision they made was stupid and not well thought out. But I will actually miss not seeing them on our schedules.

WILDCAT said:
I hate SUU as much as the next Wildcat fan but they were a solid rivalry to have year in and year out. With them gone we dont really have a rival anymore. As much as we consider the Montana's as rivals they dont see us the same way. And you know Idaho State fans would rather see the Bungles beat Idaho over us. Who does that leave us with? Nobody. Plus SUU was an easy road trip every other year. Despite having an absolutely atrocious stadium.

The decision they made was stupid and not well thought out. But I will actually miss not seeing them on our schedules.
I hear what you are saying. My only gripe with this 6 game schedule is that it is 3 home and 3 away. I feel like it should have been the first two at our place and then H-n-H the rest of the way. That would have made more sense for us to drop to their level for these games. The way it is, it sort of sounds a bit like if we were to anounce a H-n-H with Soutwestern Oregon or Colorado School of Cosmetology. It just doesn't feel right. I would much rather it was the Dixie Slavers. I like to kick their butts on account of their history. :coffee:

Latest posts

Back