• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Wk 5 Prediction thread Idaho

We need to play good defense and stifle the Idaho run game we can't give up 5+ yard a carry if we want to win. I think we have the capability to but the D need to execute. Visperas needs to play good and not turn the ball over.

Eags 38 Idaho 35

The homefield advantage definitely helps as we are tough to beat on the red, but I think I have to give Idaho the edge in this one. From what I have seen so far I think this team has a lot of potential but we might just be a year away from a top 3 team in the BSC. I am going with Idaho 45, Eastern 31 and I hope I'm proven wrong.

If the Eags play for to's on D this will get ugly. Last week wasn't a single issue in stopping the run it was was every issue over the psst several years rearing it's head. Regression like that only comes from coaching imo. Best is on a short leash and will go out doing it his way. :-( I don't think Eags can beat an Idaho that way. Hope I'm wrong and D gets back to a Fresno/sela style. Even than its up to O scoring td's inside the red zone. I've liked Bests vigor on the sideline this season but obviously feel he is taking too big a role in all phases, and its same old same old. Luck won't be a factor this week. Idaho is coming on in the big sky and for eastern this week.

A 3 td loss isn't out of the question if O and D play like last week.

Since I have the hot hand from last week I'll roll the dice again and hope I come up with the winning score.

EAGS 28, IDAHO 27

I'm riding the Lucky train...no, not you Lucky. Lucky meaning I've felt we need luck on our side given all things equal to be in these last 4 games. That and that our transfers(and existing players) can make a difference. Throw in staying healthy and this team is competitive and has an upside if we can get offense on fire. Thus with some luck we take Idaho into an overtime game and on the Red and McKee(having a great season thus far) kicks fg for the win 31-28

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Obzerver said:
I'm riding the Lucky train...no, not you Lucky. Lucky meaning I've felt we need luck on our side given all things equal to be in these last 4 games. That and that our transfers(and existing players) can make a difference. Throw in staying healthy and this team is competitive and has an upside if we can get offense on fire. Thus with some luck we take Idaho into an overtime game and on the Red and McKee(having a great season thus far) kicks fg for the win 31-28
*we got lucky UC Davis rb Larison didn't play 4th Qtr.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think 42-28 is the closest we'll get in this game. More talent for Idaho on both sides of the ball. I still dont understand how we've regressed so much in 2 years.

eaglesfootball said:
I think 42-28 is the closest we'll get in this game. More talent for Idaho on both sides of the ball. I still dont understand how we've regressed so much in 2 years.

Last year, yes. It was a massive regression with lack of talent everywhere. This year, I don't see how that's an accurate statement.

Above average QB who's only started 5 college games
Above average WR group, second to maybe only Idaho in the Big Sky
Above average O line
Serviceable RBs with potential to be very good (only a sophomore & junior)

Vastly improved defense with several transfers in the front 7 who are light years better than what was fielded last season
At least average, if not trending above average secondary

They will be tested big time this weekend. May even see a comfortable Idaho win but I think this roster is currently a playoff team.

I'm going 38-28 Vandals. And I hope I'm wrong.

Obzerver said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Some people see with their eyes, some with their hearts... Agree luck can be a factor. ;-)

ewueagle2010 said:
eaglesfootball said:

Last year, yes. It was a massive regression with lack of talent everywhere. This year, I don't see how that's an accurate statement.

Above average QB who's only started 5 college games
Above average WR group, second to maybe only Idaho in the Big Sky
Above average O line
Serviceable RBs with potential to be very good (only a sophomore & junior)

Vastly improved defense with several transfers in the front 7 who are light years better than what was fielded last season
At least average, if not trending above average secondary

They will be tested big time this weekend. May even see a comfortable Idaho win but I think this roster is currently a playoff team.

I'm going 38-28 Vandals. And I hope I'm wrong.

In modern college $ athletics, you can completely flip a team in a year. There are no long-term projects anymore. Eastern hit the portal and did well. We certainly brought in a LOT more talent than we lost.

I don’t know if we’re good enough to beat Idaho, but we can if we play tight defensively, stop the run, and make some big plays on offense. I don’t feel like we can win a grinder, we need some explosive plays and no turnovers. Idaho is good, but far from unbeatable.

I’d make Idaho about a TD favorite, but I don’t think they’re anywhere near as good as the Fresno team we nearly beat.

Latest posts

Back