• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Women BB versus Portland State

princeofbelair

Come out to the Reed Gym on Saturday to see the women play Portland State. Claire Faucher, the PSU junior guard, is alone worth the price of admission. She's extremely talented and one of the best basketball players (men or women) I've seen in the past couple of years. It should be a good game and the Bengals have an absolute shot at another home victory. GO BENGALS!

My wife and I are leaving Meridian at about 10:00a or so to be there. The women's games are alot of fun. We are looking forward to it!

Claire Faucher...don't you mean...

Vince Young?
91696-004-F8DE2079.jpg

Faucher didn't seem to be as dominant or as effective for PSU as the first two games (last year and year before) that I saw her play. However, PSU has a strong team and they won.
HOWEVER, on a big note, for ISU Chelsea Pickering was OUTSTANDING throughout and ended with 31 points, according to the post game show. IF we could have back the layups we missed and the offensive rebounds we gave up, we would have won by 5 or 6 instead of losing by 9.
On another note, PSU team and fan sportsmanship is poor and the mental midget PSU fan who came over to rub salt (after Ross lit into the home fans after the game) was a fine reflection of Vikings athletics.

ROSS- take a chill pill, dude. Whose side do you think the folks wearing ISU garb are on?

OK, let's get this straight, and you better read every damn word I have to say.

PSU Coach Sherri Murrell told me after the game (I struck up a conversation with her) that the team always huddles up out by their bench after the game, be it ON THE ROAD OR AT HOME!!! They never go into the locker room after a game. It's routine for them.

The basketball team was not rubbing it in after the game. They weren't throwing a party on the court (they weren't even on center court).

What infuriated me was the fact that the fans didn't really bother to, you know...sustain noise in the last 5 minutes of a really tight game. Oh, they loved lighting into the referees, but little else. So what has me so irked?

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT RAVING AT THE PORTLAND STATE BASKETBALL TEAM AFTER A LOSS WHEN YOU MADE NO EFFORT TO SUPPORT OUR TEAM IN A TIGHT SPOT!!!!

That guy who was "rubbing salt"? He only came over after you guys were jeering at the PSU team so he could do the right thing and stick up for them. It was a great game played by both teams, but too bad it had to be ruined after a bunch of idiots decided on yelling more AT PSU than for SUPPORTING OURS!

The refs were bad, but they went both ways, so this really can't be blamed on them. We played like crazy and I loved the effort we gave. I'm so damn proud of the ISU basketball team...just not proud to witness a spectacle like the one our "fans" treated PSU to (although there were some good fans who cheered the entire game....that little group of kids behind PSU's bench, you kids are awesome! And then there's "Jenna's Row", who gets going all the time. Thank you guys!)

Again...PORTLAND STATE DID NOTHING WRONG!!!

This is a very rare instance where I find great fault with ISU. I hope we can do better in the future.

P.S.-If PSU's fans were so classless, guess what? I'm a very easy target for them. They came up to me after that spectacle and told me how great a game we had played. They aren't classless at all.

Just got back home in Meridian from today's game. Here are a couple observations...

Pickering! Pickering! Pickering! Shooting, rebounding and hustle. Great game. The others on the team also played hard and unselfishly. Overall, tough loss but great effort. On the brighter side, ISU not only competed but probably should have won this one. It's not tournament time, so chalk this up to experience and learn from it. One or two minor adjustments and this is a big win for ISU. It's a long conference season.

I kinda covered this already but... Point blank shots didn't fall. If they did, this is not close. ISU wins by double digits. But you know the "woulda, shoulda, coulda's".

Although I haven't looked at stats or kept track of the subbing, but it looked like PSU had more depth on their team. Don't take anything away from them, they played well, too.

Refs... well, not too impressed. I rode the refs about a certain PSU player in the paint for 6 to 8 seconds throughout the game. No call. They called cheap fouls in one minute and the next they allowed a mugging. I would hope that they keep their regular jobs, cuz they are terrible on the court. (Maybe that's not fair. Let's just say that today's game was not one of their stellar efforts).

What's the story about S-fan cussing out ISU fans after the game? I was gabbing when it started. I wasn't too impressed with that, though. It appeared that he was chewing out a number of people, little kids included. IMO, there's no call for that. Those fans paid their way to the game and if they choose to sit on their hands, so be it. I don't understand it nor do I like it, but it's their call, not S-fan's. Who knows, maybe they were making an example of sportsmanship to their children. I don't know. I for one don't sit on my hands.

Finally, what's "Jenna's row?" Just curious.

I for one was not jeering the PSU team, merely waiting to leave the gym, and oh, by the way, cheering loudly for ISU and yes, got in a share of razzing the refs throughout the entire game. I could care less if PSU huddled up in an inverted pyramid on the court.
However , when you (Superfan) need to be corrected or verbally quelled by a member of the ISU athletic department (Ms. G), it's time for you to reassess chewing into fans who are on the same side that you are on. I did hear those jeering the PSU team and it was definitely pointless and grade school stuff but putting on your out of control emotional act and cussing and screaming at the ISU folks & anyone within earshot is beyond credible.
When you chewed on the ISU folks it opened the door for that PSU blowhard to start in as well. He suddenly had an ally who happened to be wearing an old ISU basketball uniform. Nice.

spazdog1 said:
Just got back home in Meridian from today's game. Here are a couple observations...

Pickering! Pickering! Pickering! Shooting, rebounding and hustle. Great game. The others on the team also played hard and unselfishly. Overall, tough loss but great effort. On the brighter side, ISU not only competed but probably should have won this one. It's not tournament time, so chalk this up to experience and learn from it. One or two minor adjustments and this is a big win for ISU. It's a long conference season.

I kinda covered this already but... Point blank shots didn't fall. If they did, this is not close. ISU wins by double digits. But you know the "woulda, shoulda, coulda's".

Although I haven't looked at stats or kept track of the subbing, but it looked like PSU had more depth on their team. Don't take anything away from them, they played well, too.

Refs... well, not too impressed. I rode the refs about a certain PSU player in the paint for 6 to 8 seconds throughout the game. No call. They called cheap fouls in one minute and the next they allowed a mugging. I would hope that they keep their regular jobs, cuz they are terrible on the court. (Maybe that's not fair. Let's just say that today's game was not one of their stellar efforts).

Totally agree with that assessment... If I can add, it really seemed like every little break that ISU needed went the other way. A couple offensive rebounds for PSU just came off the rim like they were thrown to the PSU player by Peyton Manning. That's not meant to take anything away from PSU because they created a lot of their good breaks. They look to be a very good team. I actually wish ISU could play them again at home. Very fun to watch.

On the other end, ISU missed some easy layups and a decent amount of other shots that they WILL make in 99% of games this year. It seems that with every game that passes, another part of ISU's team improves and emerges. Look for a couple nail biters on the road this coming week, and hopefully a couple big wins!

Those fans (who were older than I am by far) were jeering THE PSU TEAM! They were taking out their frustrations on the referees on the team! Shouting things like "Take the refs back with you, Number 10!" isn't really great. And it was a pretty good chunk of them, too. The PSU guy who started yelling only stepped in after those idiots began ripping on PSU!

WHAT THE HELL DID PSU DO? All they were doing was huddling up after the game! And a good-sized group of older folks went nuts 'cuz they didn't like the referees and decided to take it out on PSU.

That's absolute bullshit, and you know it, Belair.

BTW, it was only one curse word, and a light one at that. What I did pales in comparison to the actions taken by people who are older than I am and supposedly much more mature.

Then why don't you go get together with those who were shouting what you quoted and cut the nonsense on here already!
I didn't participate with them nor do I condone their grammar school actions.
The reason the PSU blowhard came over to confront the crowd yelling at PSU was there were more women involved (an apparent granny, too) than men and you opened the door with YOUR ass chewing words!

Sorry Belair, but somebody's gotta take a stand. Every time I bring something up about making noise or support, I get laughed at. I get nothing but smiles, smirks and that's it. I'm damn tired with the nice approach. I'm tired of being totally blown off. Think of it as releasing some pent-up rage on an apathetic group of people.

I'm still incredibly pissed off that our fans could have acted THAT classless. I will never regret defending PSU on this one. I'm still a die-hard supporter of ISU, and always will be.

I'm just becoming disillusioned with our "fans." When Montana rolls around (if I decide on going this time), plan on me going lone-wolf.

I, from here on out, adopt the Byzantine Creed.

I admit, I was in the gym at the time, but was not aware a problem until S-fan started in on what was apparently a portion of the ISU fans. I'm still a little fuzzy about what originally took place, but I know that nobody should cuss out fans like that.

From what I've seen over the past couple of years, S-fan puts his heart and soul into Bengal athletics. I have to admit that I admire his dedication. Sometimes we say and/or do things that we probably shouldn't. That said, I'm sure it was one of those "heat of the moment" things, you know frustration talking. It's not an excuse, it's human nature. I would hope that S-fan realizes that we are all on the same team, pushing for the the same cause. I would also hope that he would think twice before he berates fans.

You're right. How do you expect anybody to think clearly in the heat of the moment, spazdog? I'm still infuriated about it.

If all else fails, expect me to concentrate on 2 things:

-Academics
-Rugby

See a difference here?
It's not ISU's teams or players or coaches. It's the people in this area. It's killing me.

And again, it was only 1 word. You've heard worse from me, guys.

Now, back to the game...

I am extremely encouraged by the women's play yesterday. I believe that they are getting better and better. Different players are stepping up. That makes this team multi-dimensional and therefore, teams will have a harder time preparing for them. I also believe that teams like PSU may have overlooked the Bengals because of the coaching change and the loss of Doma last year. Like I indicated earlier, I feel that they can build on this game and improve their chances to get to post season play, again. It's all about peaking at the right time and IMO, we're on schedule to do just that.

Superfan... What did you mean when you were talking about "Jenna's row?" I might be wrong, but I'm assuming you are you referencing Jenna Brown's mom those around her. Just curious.

Well, than that would be me. My brother, Jenna's dad, couldn't make the game. But, my wife and I came to Pocatello from Meridian and left to come home shortly after the game. I have been known to be on the loud side. My wife is numb to it after 30 years or so. I hope I didn't offend anyone with my comments. I try to keep my comments positive, not intentionally putting anyone down... well, except the refs. I try to work them, especially when I sit so close to the action.

Thanks for recognizing us. I'm sure I'll be back in Reed Gym before the season's over.

Well, introduce yourself to me in person, lol!

I might not be around...I'm just thinking of taking a hiatus for now. I'm too pissed off at Pocatello. You don't understand, spaz...

I was literally shaking after that. To think they spent more energy on heckling PSU and the refs (the latter did deserve it) than supporting the team...that was so disgraceful. THOSE WERE PEOPLE 20 YEARS OLDER THAN I WAS AND THEY WERE DOING THAT!

Look, I've never disrespected any player or coach, and I get along very well with opposing fans (unless they decide on getting nasty. Then I return the favor). I may get heated during a game, but afterwords, I'm usually conversing with them and we have a good little time before they take off. I've always wished other teams luck and nothing but. I congratulate them on their effort and wish them well.

But what happened Saturday...may be the deciding factor on whether I keep doing what I do, or if I concentrate on rugby and academics, or God forbid, transferring.

Latest posts

Back