• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Women's Alumni Game...

PBP

Seton said at the kick off get together Saturday night that the program is having another Alumni Game this year. It would be the 3rd time he's had one. It's scheduled for Friday night, September 26 at Reed Gym. He doesn't have a time yet but when I find it out I'll pass it along. Admission is free.

He had 200-300 people show up for the first two games and it was a good time.

I'm told the following former players have agreed to attend:

Camille Michaelson (2003-2005)
Andrea Videbeck (2007-2008; 2009-2010)
Allison Verona (1984-1988) 7th leading scorer all time / 6th leading rebounder
Chelsea Pickering (2007-2011) 9th leading scorer all time (Twice named 1st team All Big Sky)
Oana Iacovita (2006-2010) 16th leading scorer all time / 13th leading rebounder (1st team All Big Sky)
Cassie Bro (2001-2002)
Lindy Whitley (2000-2004)
Laraine Cook (2000-2004)
Ashley Toner (1999-2003) 5th leading scorer all time / 7th leading rebounder (1st team All Big Sky)
Kayla Oakes (2009-2013) 10th leading scorer all time (1st team All Big Sky)
Abyee Maracigan (2011-2013)
Lindsey Reed (2010-2014) 4th leading scorer all time / 3rd leading rebounder (1st team All Big Sky)
Jessa Jeppesen (2011-2013)
Jess Jensen-Tingey (2010-2014)
Sheryl Bitter (2010-2014)
Chelsea Chambers (2004-2006)
Meg Salness-Fleishmann (1993-1996; 1997-1998)
Jennifer Cannon (1991-1993) (1st team All Big Sky)
Michelle Grohs (2005-2009) 17th leading scorer all time / 11th leading rebounder (1st team All Big Sky)
Kara Jenkins (2010-2014)
Jenn Boesel (2005-2007)
Kaylynn Fager (2006-2008)

That's 22 former players confirmed!!

There are also a half dozen, maybe more, possibilities, former players who are going to try to make it back.

I hope the fans will mark their calendars and try to make it out for this one!

I'll post with more info as I get it.

PBP

Have updated the list (above) with those expected to attend Friday night, September 26th.

Seton says they are thinking game time will be at 7PM.

PBP

Have updated the list again with a new addition. 19 firm commitments to play at this point!

PBP

A new update in the very first post about who is coming to the alumni game!

Unbelievable. Going to be a special night.

Also Seton is now considering because of the number of participants to go to four 12-minute quarters like in the NBA.

Also the teams WILL have special uniforms from Addias for it. Alumni players are actually paying for their own uniforms.

All I can say folks is if you don't come out Friday night 7PM September 26...you're going to regret it.

ADMISSION IS FREE...pay no more!

PBP

Any chance this will be on Stretch Internet? I live in WA state and won't be able to make it to Poky, but would love to hear (see) the game.

Coastal:

To the best of my knowledge it won't be but I can ask for you to make sure. Seton has asked me to do some video interviews at the game and then the sports info department is supposed to post them on the web site, so if things go the way they are supposed to at least there will be something.

I'm also going to do a story or two (depending on space) for the Journal so there should be something on-line.

Also I've undated the first post with some historical info on each player coming back to town.

Mark

Fans:

Look for a preview of Friday night's Alumni basketball game in the Idaho State Journal.

Come on out if you can, 7PM Friday night Reed Gym.

ADMISSION IS FREE.

It will be arguably the greatest collection of women's basketball talent on the floor for one night in the 41 year history of the program.

PBP

Tonight's the night fans for the game. To give you a little taste of what is going to happen the Journal has a preview story in the paper today in the sports section.

Here is a link to it:

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/isu-women-hosts-alumni-game-tonight/article_36fb8324-4546-11e4-9dd5-b39dc7b48847.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's also a condensed version of it on the ISU web site:

http://www.isubengals.com/news/2014/9/24/WBB_0924141540.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stories contain comments from Seton, Mike Trujillo, Anna Lee Policicchio, Kara Jenkins, Ashley Toner and Jennifer Cannon. I hope you'll enjoy it and will come out tonight.

7PM Reed Gym, FREE ADMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a big weekend for the program with this game and recruits being in town, a good turnout is bound to impress them. I know there was support in the stands the first two games and am hoping for more of the same tonight.

See you there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Folks:

What a night.

Thanks to everyone who came out. I'm guessing there were between 300-400 fans there. (There were more at Reed Gym for an alumni exhibition game than show up at places like NAU for a real game!!) Everyone had a great time.

The players were into it, you could tell they could still play, the timing was a little off because the squads didn't have any practice time together and some easier shots were missed, but boy the knowledge of how to play the game remained.

Even though these players hadn't played together you could see them set up, move the ball, flash the post...some tremendous individual moves.

The Gray team beat the Black team 41-39. Unofficially I had Lindsey Reed with 11 points, including three 3-balls.

Allison Verona, who graduated in 1988, had six points I think, including some hook shots off the glass. Seton was amazed at how good her footwork was in the post.

Video interviews were done with four former players, Cassie Bro, Ashley Toner, Jennifer Cannon and Kara Jenkins which I was told will be posted on the ISU web site. When they are I'll let you know.

I also did audio interviews "where are they now..." with Verona and Toner. Those will air on the coaches show on a future date.

So again thanks to all for making last night very special...(and there were recruits in the stands watching all of it.)

PBP

Latest posts

Back