• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Women's BBall starts tonight...

spazdog1

Who's gonna be there?

As far as attendance, how will they compete with high school football playoffs at Holt?

They probably won't, but I think people catching the MBB game will come early to support the WBB squad. It's exhibition so I think attendance will be "eh". At the same time, I think some people are curious to see the start of the Seton-era at ISU. New coach, new system, new players. It'll be interesting to see the team's grasp of the new offensive scheme and attention to defense. There will be growing pains for sure...just how much, only time will tell.

I am a little concerned that there will be a lot of "thinking to much" and not as much "playing and relying on basketball instincts" as they learn a new offense. With all the reads going on by the players on the ball and weakside, too many choices/options may lead to "mental paralysis." Hopefully the team will improve each game and play competitive ball night in and night out. Defensively, they should be better.

From ISU Athletics Marathon at Reed Gym, this is John Clayton, BengalDen.com :D

I just got back home in Meridian from the women's game. We had a long drive ahead of us so we didn't stay for the men's game. Congrats to the women's team and the new coaching staff. I don't remember the score, but it was about a 30 point win tonight. Here are some thoughts about the game...

No Doma, No Problem...
Last year it seemed that Newlee's team forced the ball inside alot. Sometimes, IMO, too much. Doma was a force inside and everyone new it. Granted, it's the first game but I thought that the team actually looked more versatile. The big girls played well inside and the girls can hit the 3's. They rebounded well and pushed the ball up court nicely.

My only concern is the fact that there was only 10 girls dressed to play. Depth could be a problem, but not tonight. That said, I think the foul trouble, especially late, was a result of fatigue. Maybe not. JMO. Anyway, great game and a good win.

Finally, Superfan, well, let's just say that the jury's still out.

Congratulations to the new staff and this year's group of girls! It's always good to get a W your first time out.

I'd agree that they are definitely versatile... What I liked after seeing one game? There seemed to be more room for the guards to create and the posts to do some work by utilizing everybody on the court as a threat... I also really liked seeing 4 people in double digits and 4 people with 3 or more assists. Hopefully that continues throughout the year!

As some guy once said: "it's the most wonderful time of the year" (I'm pretty sure he was talking about the start of basketball season)

Didn't see the game but heard the true freshman point guard from Utah lit it up (Go Lancers!!).
Can anyone enlighten me?

Latest posts

Back