• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Wow!!! Dismissed From Team...this just out!

tigerblood said:
CONSPIRACY THEORY? What in the HELL are you talking about? John Clayton posted the original news release (see above) and it said Monday! And I mean I.S.U. when I say we and they! Let u know you have a serious problem in regards to the Krosch Family...you look like a fool...This is about Moore!

No tigersblood, what John Clayton posted was the link to the original Idaho State Journal story. votb posted the original ISU news release (at the very top of this thread). Take a look at it -- do you see the word "Monday" in it anywhere?

Is it possible the Journal misquoted Jeff Tingey and then edited their story to correct their mistake? That would be my guess. But your willingness to jump to the conclusion that ISU "looks stupid" because the Journal originally carried the wrong date indicates where you're leaning on all of this.

BTW, I have absolutely nothing against the Krosch family -- I've enjoyed watching the Kroschs play at ISU and I wish them nothing but the best. Not sure where you linked me with negative comments about the Kroschs but I have never uttered any.

biobengal said:
IMO, this should be kept between Kramer and Moore... the rest of us don't need to be privy to the information.

Oh well, this doesn't seem like that big of a blow. If you had said this would happen in August we might have been worried; however, Moore's injury has left him a shell of his former self.

Maybe I'll never know what happened, but it doesn't mean I don't WANT to know. When you read a subject of "Dismissed from team......" Your first question is who? then why? Bloggers usually know more than everyone else right? LOL

Common sense here...

Question:
What Head Coach in his right mind would suspend his most prolific offensive weapon and the top special teams return man for the rest of the season?

Answer:
A coach with some balls and a coach with some discipline. You know you are in good hands when someone has the nards to make that sort of call.

Other than that, I am with Bio--this is really none of our business.

bengalcub said:
Common sense here...

Question:
What Head Coach in his right mind would suspend his most prolific offensive weapon and the top special teams return man for the rest of the season?

Answer:
A coach with some balls and a coach with some discipline. You know you are in good hands when someone has the nards to make that sort of call.

Other than that, I am with Bio--this is really none of our business.

And if someone started a thread that said "Here's what happened", you would, no doubt, go read it...whether or not it's your business. However, I do agree with your answer above!

Skippy said:
tigerblood said:
Of course they changed it, Skippy...after the original wire went out. How stupid do we look!

If you're going to continue to pursue these conspiracy theories, you need to better define your pronouns. The original news release out of ISU did not mention a date when Moore was dismissed from the team. I know from having talked with Coach Kramer on our coach's show last night that Moore was still on the team at that time. So I have no reason to doubt the current version of the Journal article, which said he was dismissed today.

So my questions would be, "Who are 'they'? And who is 'we?' "

The fact is the story was followed up on by a regular Journal news reporter who got the time of the dismissal wrong. it was the Journal's error totally when reporting the dismissal happened Monday. There are no Monday practices. the dismissal happened this morning after practice. The Journal corrected its version of the story, but neglected to explain they originally reported it incorrectly.

I have talked to 10 plus guys still on the team and they are all saying the same as Tavoy is saying. I assure you that 95% percent of the guys disagree with Coach Kramers decision. I did not play with Tavoy but I have interacted with him a few times and he is a very good guy. All the guys I talk to say that Tavoy is a good guy. They say Tavoy does not cause problems on and off the field. He does things the right way. He doesnt drink nor does he do drugs. His life time dream has always been to play in NFL, so he doesnt do anything that will hurt his dream. What is sad is that there was a NFL scout at practice yesterday to watch Tavoy and saw what happened first hand. You guys on these boards need to quit speculating and trying to debate and argue about stuff you have no idea about. You need to get the facts first. You act like the football players are hard to get in contact with or talk to. Also, what do you expect Kelvin Miller and JT Albers to say to the Journal when they ask if they believe in Coach Kramers decision. They are not stupid. If they would have told them reporter how they really felt then they would have been joining Tavoy.

formerplayer said:
I have talked to 10 plus guys still on the team and they are all saying the same as Tavoy is saying. I assure you that 95% percent of the guys disagree with Coach Kramers decision. I did not play with Tavoy but I have interacted with him a few times and he is a very good guy. All the guys I talk to say that Tavoy is a good guy. They say Tavoy does not cause problems on and off the field. He does things the right way. He doesnt drink nor does he do drugs. His life time dream has always been to play in NFL, so he doesnt do anything that will hurt his dream. What is sad is that there was a NFL scout at practice yesterday to watch Tavoy and saw what happened first hand. You guys on these boards need to quit speculating and trying to debate and argue about stuff you have no idea about. You need to get the facts first. You act like the football players are hard to get in contact with or talk to. Also, what do you expect Kelvin Miller and JT Albers to say to the Journal when they ask if they believe in Coach Kramers decision. They are not stupid. If they would have told them reporter how they really felt then they would have been joining Tavoy.

Eh... whatever, building a house requires a solid foundation... and sometimes that foundation needs to be rebuilt. It seems some of these players may not have bought in yet and are still wondering what it would be like under Zamberlin, especially considering the comments we've seen in the paper about Z reaching out to Tavoy.

I have been in contact with three current players and two former players and I came up with a different conclusion than you did Former Player.

Tavoy is a likable guy and people genuinely care about him. The folks I talked to said that this situation spiraled out of control when it probably shouldn't have.

Plain and simple and if you read the Journal article you can see the two main problems. Tavoy has felt like he has been singled out and chastised in public, plus, he feels that his roll has been diminished and he is not being used as much as he should or in a correct way.

In fact, here is the quote:

“All season I have been being put under the bus,” Moore said. “Everyone has when they do something wrong. I was being made into a one-dimensional player. The offense is great, but I don’t feel like I was being utilized. Everyone knows what I did the year before and I wasn’t being used effectively.”

Body language, practice effort and things like this played into the decision. From what I understand, practice and game day performances can and will get you promoted and/or demoted. No position is safe and a player needs to bring it every single day. The way a player handles the adversity is something that the coaching staff and teammates notices. If they cannot handle the pressure of Kramer, how can they handled the pressure of the opponent. Kramer issues wake-up calls and challenges through the media. Now, I am not sure that I agree with that, but I am not sure that I do not. One thing that I am certain of, Kramer accepts responsibility for his mistakes and the mistakes of his team.

I have heard that Kramer is big on trust. Either you are with him or you are against him. In fact, Kramer came right out at one point and informed the players that they have to earn his trust. That did not go over very well with some kids on the team. Kids that felt entitled to something fought it and pushed back. But, when it is all said and done, it's Kramer's way or no way at all.

As for the players in the newspaper and what they had to say or didn't have to say. There is no way in hell that they were put up to saying it, nor did they fear repercussions or being honest. What they are saying is that they trust the staff and the decisions that are made by the coaching staff.

This kind of stuff will start to tail off as Kramer has the opportunity to recruit his own kids.

The conflict is discipline versus no discipline, accountability vs no accountability. Buy in vs no buy in and trust vs no trust.

The rebuilding will take time and asses will get chapped along the way.

bengalcub said:
The conflict is discipline versus no discipline, accountability vs no accountability. Buy in vs no buy in and trust vs no trust[/quote

it's about being a member of a TEAM! I also have talked with players and I heard a different side from what formerplayer is reporting. It's all about being held accountable for your own actions.

I heard that coach K would be interviewed and on the news tonight, but it has also been said that there would be no comments from him or anyone from the university. Does anyone know? I had some friends that went to buy tickets for the game tomorrow and they had all ready been sent back. Alot I heard. :( I sure hope we have good showing tomorrow. GO BENGALS!! :thumb:

I'm as much a coach K fan as anyone but he shouldn't call players out in the media. That's just wrong. Motivation by intimidation/denigration won't work. If he doesn't think T should be on the team that's fine, I'm sure he has his reasons, but don't throw him under the bus in the media. Take care of it in the locker room.

Latest posts

Back