• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Wow

This is the worst football team with the worst coaching and the worst quarterbacking I have ever seen. Just ridiculous. They have had the ball in Sac St. territory 50 times....and the quarterback cannot throw it to a damn receiver. 4th and goal and he throws it 30 yards out of the end zone???? this is pathetic!!!

D

Be patient and wait another three or four years and everything is going to be alright.

This should help you out some Mizzou...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtwGyxzxBDg

Pretty funny Cub. It seems o always be another 3 to 4 years huh? The next coach...the next one, maybe next year. It is getting pretty old. And to top it off I am a raiders fan. Can it get any worse?

D

This program's in complete shambles right now, it can't get any worse. It's not just running back, we could use a lot more talent everywhere. Although it's going to take some time to get this program where it needs to be. Cub, I'm starting to agree with you and Blackfoot -- I think that HIll's a better QB than Blum is!!

Coach Z will have his contract renewed for 2 more years, no question about it. He has had 2 good recruiting classes and is a proven winner. Give this coach some credit, he is trying to put a good football program together and it takes more than 3 years. He was hired to improve the program and start winning, this will happen next year and the following year they will be contenders for the league title. Be patient Bengal fans, are time is coming in the near future..

challenged wins the "broken record of the day" award..

Z-train needs to hire a realator, although he should just donate his house to make up for having digraced and ripped off this university, community, and (most importantly) anyone who has ever played or is playing currently Bengal football.

Get real buddy

Man, you guys are a piece of work.
First of all, it's realtor not 'realator'.
I think you all should hold this 'harsh' type comments for the end of the season.

If you morons were watching this game, it came down to just a handful of plays or else the score could've been reversed with ISU winning.
The 2 int's for TDs were HUGE by Hill who otherwise played a pretty decent game.
The dropped pass by one of our WR that would've been a TD was big also.

Overall, I say nice effort from most everyone on the team. But no team could've overcome from the 3 INTs.
Defense played ok and benefitted from some penalties and a few Sac St. drops by WR.
We need to find a pass rush though.

Z has done nothing to disgrace the community of Pocatello. You're an idiot milkweed.

:twisted: I'm siding with you on this one bengalbeliever. For the first time this year the offense controlled the ball and sustained drives. The defense played a tremendous game in the second half. Without the two long runs and the two interceptions it could have been a different story. Lighten up folks, this was the best game we played all year and the kids should be rewarded for the strong effort they made.

believer explain to me what isn't disgraceful about 4-25? what's idiotic about that assessment?

no knocks against the game today. the players showed a lot of poise and growth from last week.

ps thanks for the spell check?

Beleive it or not, what we saw today was progress. I take no position on employment of coaches. However, it would be unfair to any new coaching staff hired at ISU under the same circumstances this coach is working. I have heard that his recruiting budget is $25,000.00. I don't know if that is true but I do know that when Larry Lewis was hired he demanded a $50,000.00 increase in his recruiting budget and he got it. I do know that this staff's budget has been cut each year it has been here. I would hope football is allowed to keep a large portion of the guarantee money from the two guarantee games they played. Otherwise, Urban Meyer could't win at ISU and I would think boosters would be looking at university administrators for vengence rather than just football coaches.

Can anyone shed any light on the recruiting budgets for the last 4-5 years.

I do know that all of the recruits that I did player profiles on had coaches visits from coaches that were from ISU and a large number had in-home visits from Zamberlin himself. ISU also had a pretty fair amount of kids that tripped to ISU at the end of last football season.

The last two classes have been rather large, so it would not surprise me if money was very tight.

It would also be nice to see how ISU recruiting budget stacked up against other members of the BSC. I do agree that the football program should get a budget boost from the D-1 games that they have been forced to play.

One final question, does in state and out of state tuition differ as it pertains to athletic scholarships or is it the same fee for both?

same fee for both

out of state kids get some kind of a waver so long as they are a "scholarshiped" player, this waves out of state costs.

however it counts against their clock for idaho residency, that is if it takes two years to for residency to establish (thus waving out of state fees then) the clock for the two years wont start till after they are no longer a "scholarshiped" player.

ex: kid graduates after 5th year and wants to do grad school here he now has to pay out of state tution.

pocatato said:
Beleive it or not, what we saw today was progress. I take no position on employment of coaches. However, it would be unfair to any new coaching staff hired at ISU under the same circumstances this coach is working. I have heard that his recruiting budget is $25,000.00. I don't know if that is true but I do know that when Larry Lewis was hired he demanded a $50,000.00 increase in his recruiting budget and he got it. I do know that this staff's budget has been cut each year it has been here. I would hope football is allowed to keep a large portion of the guarantee money from the two guarantee games they played. Otherwise, Urban Meyer could't win at ISU and I would think boosters would be looking at university administrators for vengence rather than just football coaches.

Bingo tader.

The problems with this program are much deeper than Z and the players.

We need to have the student body and the local residence come to the games. The ISU administration and the ISU staff needs to come to the games and they need to start encouraging the ISU student body to do the same thing. At the same time, the local businesses and residence within the community need to get involved and start coming to the games. It would be nice to see 10,000 fans at each home game. That is a start to rebuilding a football program that everyone can be proud of at ISU. Win or Lose, we need to have the fans get behind this team. This would be good for the ISU student body, local business people, and the residence within the community. The tickets are inexpensive, the parking is inexpensive, and the hot dogs are inexpensive. Come out and have some fun for 3 hours....

Extend his contract. He has a proven track record and will get this team on the right path. The only way it gets any worse is without a W this season. So suck it up.

snake said:
Extend his contract. He has a proven track record and will get this team on the right path. The only way it gets any worse is without a W this season. So suck it up.

Central Washington has improved since Zamberlin left...I'm STILL pissed about the CWU game...I dont care how much "recruiting money" we dont have, or how much "fan support" we dont have, a D1aa team should NOT lose to a D2 team...PERIOD. If there was any game that you'd THINK Zamberlin and his staff would have the team ready to come out ready to play and kick some ass it would be versus his former school, but no...we are down 26-0 in the middle of the second quarter!!!

Tell me this everyone (I want everyones opinion)...HOW IS Z GOING TO MOTIVATE THIS TEAM FROM HERE ON OUT? WE'VE LOST THE LAST 22 OUT OF 23 GAMES...HOW WILL HE AND HIS STAFF BE ABLE TO GET THIS TEAM READY TO PLAY THE REST OF THIS YEAR AND NEXT YEAR?? AND WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD COME TO ISU RIGHT NOW IF THERE IS NO BIG CHANGES IN THE OFFSEASON?? BOTTOM OF THE BARRELL KIDS

Take my opine for what it's worth...we wanted to see improvement this week and we did. Better rushing and pass protection...more total offense than Sac...30 more offensive plays than Sac...more time of possession...take away the two Hill picks for TDs and we're kicking FGs in the red zone sted of going for it on 4th downs. Two big runs by their RB. and two pick-sixes by Sac's D, and we get a punt return by Benevides to their 11 called back by penalties. Take out those five plays and we end an 18 game road loss streak and come home ready to beat UNC and go 2-2 in BSC play. Now we come home and beat UNC and we go 1-3...still improving. We wanted improvement...we saw it yesterday. Z-haters will call for his head even if we win next weekend. Thankfully some reason sufaced in this thread.
Hey...what did U expect from me...I'm VOTB. :D

Latest posts

Back