• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

WR Izzy Ramirez NOT ELIGIBLE? Krosch Update.

bengalcub

Sources close to the BengalCub have indicated that Idaho State may have lost the on filed services of another WR earlier this week in Izzy Ramirez. Ramirez was slated to start for the Bengals Saturday vs Western Montana.

It is also rumored that Kelvin Krosch may indeed be eligible this season as Idaho State is waiting for documentation and a ruling on an online correspondence class taken over the summer.

Once again, the AD and the sports information department prematurely issued some sort of statement that may prove to be misleading or inaccurate. Obviously--this press release was made in error as it was deleted by the University hours after it was posted.

I am going to tell you this gang--Idaho State needs to wake the hell up in regards to how they advise and manage student athletes in regards to their eligibility and academic status. I have been told that there are numerous instances of kids being advised erroneously on their academic progress and what is required to stay eligible. Student athletes are being told to take online correspondence courses that do not always transfer as applicable credits to Idaho State. Also, academic plans are being formulated that don't necessarily lead to players maintaining eligibility. These kids deserve competent advise--for hells sakes give it to them.

NCAA rules and ISU academic rules are complex. I am becoming increasingly alarmed by the leadership at Idaho State University and their ability to lead Idaho State in the direction required to take the steps needed to avoid further NCAA penalties and actions.

Are the kids to blame for academic woes--hell yeah--they share equally in the burden. However, kids are continuously being advised wrongly regarding what it take to be or stay eligible. Now, I realize some folks will counter with the argument that if these kids can't cut it in class--they don't deserve the opportunity to participate athletically. I get that. However, Idaho State has recruited these student athletes and in my opinion they need to have competent academic support in place to support them.

ISU has been hit by NCAA penalties for taking a shit on APR. Now more than ever, these miscalculations can have major consequences. The APR battle becomes much tougher to win once you stumble down the wrong path. Idaho State does not have much margin for error here--the future of this Coaching Staff and the success of this football team on the field depend on it.

Why do you do it Cub? Some understand and some do not. I will tell you this--I believe that this administration, coaching staff and academic support staff need to be held accountable for what is taking place at Idaho State. Leadership has failed Idaho State--the kids that take the field on Saturday's have not.

To the players that take the field--you have my heartfelt support. You deserve more and quite frankly Coach Zamberlin and his staff deserve more.

What the hell!!!!Did ISU do a press release on Izzy, Cub? Who knows if this is true? Krosch's was an ISU press release and it may not even be true. Who released Krosch's information (Zamberlin or Tingey)?Does the athletic academic advisors and athletic director even know what the hell is going on?

I am going to stop just short of saying that I know with 100% certainty that Ramirez cannot go. What I will say is that I am 99.9% certain as I have heard it from multiple folks that have never let me down before.

You won't hear about Ramirez until tomorrow. The kid is a good player, but folks won't notice it like they would notice Krosch not being on the field.

As for the release that ISU did on Krosch...bad choice by Tingey. No release should have been made until the final determination and appeal only after the appeal had been denied. As it turns out the gamble by Tingey might prove accurate...however if Krosch is cleared to go, lots of attention and criticism was given to Kelvin for nothing.

Furthermore, if you are going to run a story about eligibility--just say something like not eligible pending an appeal. Instead ISU chose to post academic benchmarks and requirements--implying that Krosch made an error. As it turns out, once again the student athlete is labeled as a BAD STUDENT prematurely.

Cub, once again you continue to inform the Bengal faithful of true facts. I appreciate the work you do. I will believe what I read on Cub's posts way before I believe a press release from ISU. I really hope Krosch can get things straightened out, as I said he works to hard on the field to not work hard in the classroom. As I said earlier this smells of another Grayson Galloway story. ISU pulled their news release but not before the newspapers and TV stations had the story. Tingey and the rest of the incompetents need to go down the road. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Izzy also..he could help out with a thin WR corp.

The truth is--what I write is the contribution of many who cannot speak the truth in public.

Trust me the Galloway story was much, much, much worse. Dreadful, horrible, sad all these things come to mind. The thing I will remember most is how the administration rallied the troops and attempted to smear a kid that had operated in good faith with the university all along. That my friend was a crisis in leadership and communication.

However, when the heat was turned up they buckled like a house of cards and fell silent. Almost like they were alienated and hung out to dry by the very leader that they were trying to serve.

Accountability and transparency, in my opinion is the key to the programs long term health.

Wow! An ISU press release attaching a student's name to a story about academic problems? And it's wrong? I can only say this: This is a total disaster for the student, the coaching staff, and the university. I appreciate this young man's contribution to the ISU football team. He and all student athletes deserve the most competent guidance in the classroom. They also need to be treated with dignity and respect.

bengalcub said:
The truth is--what I write is the contribution of many who cannot speak the truth in public.

Trust me the Galloway story was much, much, much worse. Dreadful, horrible, sad all these things come to mind. The thing I will remember most is how the administration rallied the troops and attempted to smear a kid that had operated in good faith with the university all along. That my friend was a crisis in leadership and communication.

However, when the heat was turned up they buckled like a house of cards and fell silent. Almost like they were alienated and hung out to dry by the very leader that they were trying to serve.

Accountability and transparency, in my opinion is the key to the programs long term health.

It seemed a lot of this may have fallen on the ISU SID's head, he was saying some inappropriate stuff on a message board. Now, don't get me wrong, I've said plenty on here, but I don't speak for ISU. What do you think... was he told to move on? I noticed he took a few veiled shots at Tingey saying something like it will be nice to work with someone with actual experience.

bill_idaflls said:
Wow! An ISU press release attaching a student's name to a story about academic problems? And it's wrong? I can only say this: This is a total disaster for the student, the coaching staff, and the university. I appreciate this young man's contribution to the ISU football team. He and all student athletes deserve the most competent guidance in the classroom. They also need to be treated with dignity and respect.

Bill, I am not saying that the information is wrong. What I am saying is that it is premature and yet to be determined. In my opinion it was not well thought out by the AD and judging by the fact that is was pulled off of the official site hours after it was released.

It seemed a lot of this may have fallen on the ISU SID's head, he was saying some inappropriate stuff on a message board. Now, don't get me wrong, I've said plenty on here, but I don't speak for ISU. What do you think... was he told to move on? I noticed he took a few veiled shots at Tingey saying something like it will be nice to work with someone with actual experience.

Bio, I am not 100% certain. I do have an opinion.

Mercogliano either by his own choice or by direction from his superiors often became the SPIN DOCTOR of the athletic department. I really believe that the Galloway incident was something that he was told to address and judging by the information that was included regarding Galloway--others had to be in cohorts. Frank didn't get all that information on his own--he had to have gotten some of the facts from other inside the department. What happened this week with Krosch and a story being posted and then removed again...it may have zero relevance, but it seems too familiar. I think Frank was enticed to fight back for the university--probably even told to do so. In the end the prepped him for battle--worked him up to a lather and then blamed it on him when things went south.

What I did learn in this whole thing? The communication between the coaches and academic support is horrible--with the majority of the problem coming from the leadership in that department. The coaches can really only go off of what they are told by folks in that department and boy oh boy do they leave quite a bit to be desired. I really get the feeling that folks inside the department really aren't surprised and very agitated when continuous mistakes are made with regards to communication and accuracy.

Next, I think Tingey lacks experience and often makes decisions based off of knee jerk reactions. I think he means well and I think in time he could develop into something that may be very beneficial to Idaho State. Someone told me awhile back--what should we expect from an AD that is so young and lacks experience? He's going to make some great strides in some areas and make some bad mistakes in others.

Krosch's eliligibility news release was ridiculously pre-mature. He wasn't going to be able to play today because he is still recovering from an appendectomy. I don't know about everyone else, but that is an easy excuse to let the pending academic eligibility wait to be released to the media.

Cub, so Krosch's press release was Tingey? I took it that Zamberlin made the release. This is another case of Tingey hiding behind his staff, as he did with Frank. What does this do to Kroschs and Zamberlins relationship? Tingey is a weasel. The academic advisors that are giving these students false information need fired.

Press release without a doubt falls on Tingey. Zamberlin had to be quoted--this was a press release not a press conference. It gets posted on the ISU site and faxed to members of the media. When they second guess what they did, they pull it off the ISU site but it is too late to retract in from the local media.

Trust me, there are other players on the team waiting for NCAA clearance and there will obviously be kids that are not eligible to play.

Tingey and the athletic department need to worry less about what will be said on this board and in the community. Apply that wasted energy and resources into providing leadership and identifying solutions to move the whole department forward.

Just so you guys know, I was not asked to leave in any way shape or form....I got an offer for more money at a bigger school in a bigger conference that I could not pass up. Any other thoughts are ridiculous on that subject.

Also, no veiled shot at Jeff, they left a key thing out that I said that made it sound bad. Also, Jeff isn't a weasel either...the guy has a lot of integrity and only wants the best.

All I will say is when I saw Izzy's name in the two-deep I myself was surprised...also, he is actually a senior, not a sophomore.

Frank

We are entitled to OUR OWN opinions. I think he is an incompetent weasel. Obviously Tingey doesn't answer to anyone and makes very poor decisions. He was the only one that believed Zamberlin and Company should get a contract extension. Who in their right mind would offer to extend a coaches contract with the record that Zamberlin has? As I said before the only qualification Tingey has is last name. I heard Izzy had no idea until Wednesday that he was ineligible. Got to get in to the game. GO BENGALS. One more thing, I thought they hired Quinton Freeman to help with the academics of the football team in March. Obviously someone is not getting their job done. Maybe he should focus more on helping and guiding these players with correct information than worrying about taking over Brad's spot as announcer. Just saying. I heard during the tailgate that Krosch is way ahead as far as credits go and his GPA is good. What the hell?

I know what the issue with Krosch is ... ISU was on it from the get go and if his class is approved he will be good I believe. The communication was good with Izzy ... I was in a meeting specifically about it.

Yes, you are entitled to your own opinions...I'm just a fan like everyone else now LOL...go Bengals! Go Lobos! (Down 59-0 at the half to Oregon...uugh)

Frank

I've met Jeff, and he's certainly a guy that's got a lot of class and integrity. Sure, he may lack some experience as an AD, but he'll get that and learn while on the job. And he's not afraid to get on the phone every day to speak with corporation reps and boosters about donations for facility improvements and for funds for athletics -- which is something that previous athletic directors wouldn't do. Plus under his watch we've seen some facility improvements taken place, and we'll see a lot more under his leadership very soon. Which is the first time I've seen anything of this nature in a long, long time. I wish that some of you would quit being so negative -- Jeff isn't a bad guy and is doing a fine job here.

isusid said:
Just so you guys know, I was not asked to leave in any way shape or form....I got an offer for more money at a bigger school in a bigger conference that I could not pass up. Any other thoughts are ridiculous on that subject.

Also, no veiled shot at Jeff, they left a key thing out that I said that made it sound bad. Also, Jeff isn't a weasel either...the guy has a lot of integrity and only wants the best.

All I will say is when I saw Izzy's name in the two-deep I myself was surprised...also, he is actually a senior, not a sophomore.

Frank

Well, Frank, in the absence of information people come up with all kinds of things. My apologies.

Cub, I never saw the press release that Izzy is ineligible. Are you sure he is for the whole season? Why did they not release a press release on him? Do you know of any other players that have been told they are ineligible?

Latest posts

Back