• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

WTF Tingey?

sasquatch

Has anybody else read today's Post Register? There's an article on page A-11 about ISU's game with Nebraska. ISU had its choice between playing Colorado State or Nebraska, but CSU only offered half the amount Nebraska was. Tingey quotes Kramer as saying that we're going to lose anyway, so we might as well play Nebraska.

Why in the Hell would Tingey tell that to a reporter? Another sophomoric mistake? I don't believe Coach phrased it like that anyway, but even if he did, don't throw that kind of stupid statement out there Jeff.

I won't lie. I had some heartburn over this when I was reading it this morning. I didn't like it. I don't care how you cut the pie. On one hand you got a player with passion and on the other you have a Coach not having confidence!? Either way, it shouldn't have been said by either Coach nor Tingey if it was. We are trying to build our program with confidence and swagger. The thing about it is, when Montana goes into places they think they are going to win. When Black Hills State came into our house they (Black Hills) thought they were going to win. They didn't and they were very dissapointed after the game. I hope it was a misprint or misquote.

"We're trying to go in there and win," Graves said. "That's the only reason why you play the game. If you're not playing the game to try to win, there's no point in playing. We might as well stay at home."

Tingey said he was surprised when Kramer told him he wanted to play the Huskers and let his players experience Memorial Stadium and the history a program that has won five national championships.

"I said, 'Coach, are you kidding me? You want to go to Nebraska?'

"He said, 'Oh, yeah. We don't want to go to Fort Collins. That's boring. There's nothing fun about that. We're going to lose anyway, so let's go to a place with heritage and tradition like Nebraska.' "

Some of the Nebraska newspapers are already all over this...

According to the Associated Press story on this page, Kramer called Fort Collins boring. It quotes the school's athletic director suggesting the football coach said his team was going to get beat either way, why not go someplace fun like Lincoln.

OK, I have two things wrong with that statement, if it's true.

First, what coach, at any level, makes a comment to anyone that his team is going to get beat anyway? Does anyone think Sacramento State defeats Colorado or Youngstown State upsets Pittsburgh if their coaches go in believing they will lose?

Coaches are supposed to get their team ready to play and instill in them a belief they will win the game. It doesn't matter what level of coaching, that's how coaches are supposed to be.

Read more: North Platte Telegraph: Something is wrong with Idaho State head coach

What's most surprising is that the Post Register even carried a football story about ISU! ;)

All that from the North Platte Telegraph? I know not a lot of things are going on in North Platte, so this game with ISU must be big news.
Remember when it first came on these boards that they were planning a bus to go to Lincoln? I got criticism for saying,"that's a bus trip that I would like to go on." Meaning that my concern was not only in defeat, but the chances of injury, although it was a big money game. That was before I knew there was another option on the table for the same amount of money against a larger beatable school.
The fearful thing in Kramer's remarks, and I hope they are not true, is that he and his staff will down coach the team, because of a defeatist attitude. It's possible, isn't it?
He lives in Pocatello and is calling Fort Collins boring? I know, let me have it, but I think Fort Collins is a very good college town. I have been around the campus several times attending seminars.
Well anyway, the match is set, and ISU will have to play their hearts out and I hope they do. Go Bengals! :thumb: As for Tingey and Kramer, :thumbdown:

Anyone that knows Coach Kramer would know that there is NO WAY he said that. Coach Kramer has talked about the history at Nebraska and how he wants to build that here at ISU. He expects to win whether they are playing Nebraska or Alameda jr high. Shoddy reporting if you ask me.

I don't think Kramer said it either. This is Jeff Tingey's gaffe. This is why you have sports information directors, Jeff.

I miss Frank.

Check out Coach Kramer's demeanor at this week's press conference when somebody suggested the players would be happy if they just scored on Nebraska. This is at about the 3:20 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LKpDQiYH5GI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It sounds like Coach Kramer knows where they stand against Nebraska. He's looking at this as an education experience for his players. How much it will help them in regards to Big Sky Play and regardless of what the scoreboard says, they will try to stop Nebraska on defence and will try to score on offense. Those things should show up in their next game.
He might have said that to Tingey in a joking sort of way, certainly not something that he thought would come out in print. As an AD, Tingey couldn't have done more to drive a wedge between himself and his coach.

It sounds to me like some of you are anxious to drive a wedge between the AD and Coach, as well. It would seem to me that somebody made a mistake and if you're a fan of the Bengals...you want the AD and the Coach to be on the same page. If something happens that could cause friction, wouldn't a real fan want them to work it out instead of trying to place blame? Why would a fan that wants the best for the team try to make a wedge between the two even deeper?

Now...having said that...I'll point out that all of you have the right to say whatever you want on this board...I just threw that out to bring up a different perspective and suggest there's another way to approach a situation like this.

GO BENGALS!

votb said:
It sounds to me like some of you are anxious to drive a wedge between the AD and Coach, as well. It would seem to me that somebody made a mistake and if you're a fan of the Bengals...you want the AD and the Coach to be on the same page. If something happens that could cause friction, wouldn't a real fan want them to work it out instead of trying to place blame? Why would a fan that wants the best for the team try to make a wedge between the two even deeper?

Now...having said that...I'll point out that all of you have the right to say whatever you want on this board...I just threw that out to bring up a different perspective and suggest there's another way to approach a situation like this.

GO BENGALS!

Thank you, VOTB. :clap:

sasquatch said:
Check out Coach Kramer's demeanor at this week's press conference when somebody suggested the players would be happy if they just scored on Nebraska. This is at about the 3:20 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LKpDQiYH5GI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice Sasquatch, I will let my mind rest. He really did change his demeanor and looked a bit pissed off. Your gut can tell you alot.

I do not see a problem with Coach Kramer and Mr. Tingey making those comments to the media if true. Coach Kramer and Mr. Tingey want two money games per year and they want the ISU football program to be contenders in the BSC. It would appear that the North Platte Telegraph and the Nebraska football program do not like the idea of playing lower division teams.

sasquatch said:
Has anybody else read today's Post Register? There's an article on page A-11 about ISU's game with Nebraska. ISU had its choice between playing Colorado State or Nebraska, but CSU only offered half the amount Nebraska was. Tingey quotes Kramer as saying that we're going to lose anyway, so we might as well play Nebraska.

Why in the Hell would Tingey tell that to a reporter? Another sophomoric mistake? I don't believe Coach phrased it like that anyway, but even if he did, don't throw that kind of stupid statement out there Jeff.

1. I have known Jeff Tingey for 20+ years and he might not be the best word smith but I highly doubt that Mr. Tingey said what was reported.
2. It would not surprise me if the reporter took what was said out of context. If anything it would be more plausible that the reporter brought up the losing comment. I have never herd Mr. Tingey or Coach K ever use the L word in reference to a future game. Why would they start know.
3. The facts in the story are not correct. The reporting has multiple inaccuracies and as stated already I would not be surprised if this is one too.
4. Quit causing drama! If you do not have anything nice to say don’t say it at all. If any of you were in the room when this was said then you can comment if you were not there and read it in some local paper be dont speculate spread gossip be quiet and focus on the game. :twocents:

As a current Idaho State graduate student and an alumnus of North Dakota State, I was absolutely floored when I saw this article in the Idaho State Journal. That has to be a misquote, doesn't it? Has anyone sent Jeff Tingey an email asking about the comment to see if it was taken out of context or if someone just said something incredibly stupid?

I was listening to the Colorado State/North Dakota State game while at the ISU/Black Hills State game and NDSU should have won even bigger than they did. From what I've seen at ISU so far this season, the Bengals would have put up a pretty good game against the Rams. Saying that they would have lost it for sure is not something you ever want your head coach or athletic director saying.

Latest posts

Back