Spring football progress

Discussions about Portland State Viking Football go in here.
bigskyconf
Favorite School: portland state

Big Sky commiss Tom Wistrcell says spring schedules could be built within 2-3 weeks. FCS championship game tentatively scheduled for May 15, 2021.

https://www.montanasports.com/big-sky-c ... hree-weeks
Alan
Favorite School: OCE

The Spokane Spokesman-Review Reports: "Several Big Sky teams have started full-go practices in helmet and pads to make up for lost spring 2020 practices, including Weber State, Montana, Montana State, Northern Arizona and Southern Utah." So, what's up with the Vikings?
bigskyconf

Alan wrote: October 17th, 2020, 7:14 am The Spokane Spokesman-Review Reports: "Several Big Sky teams have started full-go practices in helmet and pads to make up for lost spring 2020 practices, including Weber State, Montana, Montana State, Northern Arizona and Southern Utah." So, what's up with the Vikings?
Local mandates regarding COVID is restricting schools from Oregon, including the Ducks and Beavers from having full practices. I think we are in the same boat.

One positive, though, is that we were able to get our full spring practice in before COVID hit. We only lost our spring game. I know Montana and Montana State didn't even get to start.
bigskyconf

bigskyconf wrote: October 18th, 2020, 2:34 pm
Alan wrote: October 17th, 2020, 7:14 am The Spokane Spokesman-Review Reports: "Several Big Sky teams have started full-go practices in helmet and pads to make up for lost spring 2020 practices, including Weber State, Montana, Montana State, Northern Arizona and Southern Utah." So, what's up with the Vikings?
Local mandates regarding COVID is restricting schools from Oregon, including the Ducks and Beavers from having full practices. I think we are in the same boat.

One positive, though, is that we were able to get our full spring practice in before COVID hit. We only lost our spring game. I know Montana and Montana State didn't even get to start.
I forgot that the Ducks and Beavs both had scrimmages last weekend. Lane and Benton counties must both be in Phase 3 already. I think Multnomah County is still in Phase 2 which means we can't practice.
GordoK35
Favorite School: Portland State

bigskyconf wrote: October 19th, 2020, 3:52 pm
I forgot that the Ducks and Beavs both had scrimmages last weekend. Lane and Benton counties must both be in Phase 3 already. I think Multnomah County is still in Phase 2 which means we can't practice.

Multnomah County is only in Phase 1, this is why Portland State should drop out NOW from Spring football before schedules are done. They will not be ready.

https://multco.us/novel-coronavirus-cov ... ns-phase-1
Alan
Favorite School: OCE

GordoK35 wrote: October 20th, 2020, 12:36 pm
bigskyconf wrote: October 19th, 2020, 3:52 pm

Multnomah County is only in Phase 1, this is why Portland State should drop out NOW from Spring football before schedules are done. They will not be ready.

https://multco.us/novel-coronavirus-cov ... ns-phase-1
Lane (UO) and Benton (OSU) are in phase 2 Multnomah (PSU) is in phase 1: https://govstatus.egov.com/reopening-oregon
Pounder

Lane and Multnomah are both on the watch list after the latest surge.

SMH
bigskyconf

Pounder wrote: October 26th, 2020, 1:40 pm Lane and Multnomah are both on the watch list after the latest surge.

SMH
Regardless of the surge, there is no way Kate Brown would shut the Ducks program down.

However, much like the basketball situation, she would shut the Viks down.

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah