The Future

Discussions about Portland State Viking Football go in here.
Alan
Posts: 561
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 3:10 pm
Favorite School: OCE

EWU faculty report suggests cuts to athletics budget - or even eliminating it entirely: https://www.inlander.com/spokane/ewu-fa ... d=19099082
bigskyconf
Posts: 1604
Joined: September 6th, 2014, 4:09 pm
Favorite School: portland state

Alan wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 7:24 am
EWU faculty report suggests cuts to athletics budget - or even eliminating it entirely: https://www.inlander.com/spokane/ewu-fa ... d=19099082
Alan must have me on ignore. :lol:
Alan
Posts: 561
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 3:10 pm
Favorite School: OCE

bigskyconf wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 8:16 am
Alan wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 7:24 am
EWU faculty report suggests cuts to athletics budget - or even eliminating it entirely: https://www.inlander.com/spokane/ewu-fa ... d=19099082
Alan must have me on ignore. :lol:
Not at all. But the piece from the Inlander has a link to the full report. It is rather interesting.
User avatar
Pounder
Posts: 809
Joined: August 18th, 2006, 4:44 pm
Location: Amongst All The Green

https://www.greeleytribune.com/news/why ... and-staff/

Northern Colorado is probably in a somewhat more serious pickle than EWU. Not that there's any faculty action at this point.
Alan
Posts: 561
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 3:10 pm
Favorite School: OCE

bigskyconf
Posts: 1604
Joined: September 6th, 2014, 4:09 pm
Favorite School: portland state

Alan wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 7:32 pm
Not good: https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/2020/ ... -says.html
This doesn't apply to us. As you keep pointing out during the season, we don't play football in front of large crowds anyway. :lol:
Alan
Posts: 561
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 3:10 pm
Favorite School: OCE

bigskyconf wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 8:56 am
Alan wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 7:32 pm
Not good: https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/2020/ ... -says.html
This doesn't apply to us. As you keep pointing out during the season, we don't play football in front of large crowds anyway. :lol:
Don't we have a money game scheduled for September 19th at OSU?
bigskyconf
Posts: 1604
Joined: September 6th, 2014, 4:09 pm
Favorite School: portland state

Alan wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 6:39 am
bigskyconf wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 8:56 am
Alan wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 7:32 pm
Not good: https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/2020/ ... -says.html
This doesn't apply to us. As you keep pointing out during the season, we don't play football in front of large crowds anyway. :lol:
Don't we have a money game scheduled for September 19th at OSU?
That is true. This also impacts our first home game at Hillsboro against Montana State.

All of us who play college football in the state have an ace up our sleeves, however. Oregon worked their butts off to get Ohio State to come to Eugene on 9-12. They will want to do everything they can to play that game in front of fans. If the state allows them to play that game, they have to allow the Beavers to play their September home games. In turn they would have to allow us to play. And it goes on down the line to WOU, SOU, Eastern, Linfield, Pacific, Geo Fox, etc.

I'm not saying it is a for-sure thing, but it is something to consider. We still have almost 4 months to work this out.
Alan
Posts: 561
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 3:10 pm
Favorite School: OCE

Do we have 2020 games with Poly and Sac State? https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020/05 ... 589325441/
bigskyconf
Posts: 1604
Joined: September 6th, 2014, 4:09 pm
Favorite School: portland state

Alan wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 7:16 pm
Do we have 2020 games with Poly and Sac State? https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020/05 ... 589325441/
This impacts the Pac-12 more than us. Whatever they decide to do will trickle down to the Mountain West (and independent BYU), and ultimately the Big Sky (and independent Dixie State).
Post Reply

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah
UC Davis
Weber State