Kyle Greeley's entered the transfer portal

Discussions about Portland State Mens Basketball go in here.
DavidKeys
Favorite School: Portland State

Since no one else noticed or posted... No word yet on any interest elsewhere, but I doubt he'll be here in the fall.
forestgreen
Favorite School: Portland State University

DavidKeys wrote: March 30th, 2021, 11:01 am Since no one else noticed or posted... No word yet on any interest elsewhere, but I doubt he'll be here in the fall.
I noticed, but didn't get around to post it. Always thought Greeley would break out as a scoring (he led the State of Oregon in scoring his senior year at West Salem), but it just never happened. He seems athletically limited at this level and he's not really a 3 point shooter, but certainly has talent. Hope he finds the "right place".
Pounder

Just a note a bit off topic. Read today that 28% of current D-1 ballers went into the transfer portal after this season.

Not that the portal didn’t already affect Portland State and other Big Sky schools... welcome to the new world.
bigskyconf
Favorite School: portland state

Pounder wrote: April 16th, 2021, 4:31 pm Just a note a bit off topic. Read today that 28% of current D-1 ballers went into the transfer portal after this season.

Not that the portal didn’t already affect Portland State and other Big Sky schools... welcome to the new world.
My EWU friends are saying 6 Eagle players are in the transfer portal and, according to them, all 6 are hoping to go to UP next year.

DI college basketball players do very little soul-serching. If they aren't playing, it is never about ability as much as it is because the coach (who once believed in you) won't play you, and if you go to a different system, then you can flourish and make it to the NBA. Or, as with the Legans hire, those kids you recruit will follow you wherever.

Show me any DI recruit who doesn't think they could play in the NBA. And if they end up not playing in the NBA, it is because their college coach did not use them in a way to properly showcase their abilities.
martymoose

bigskyconf wrote: April 19th, 2021, 1:57 pm
Pounder wrote: April 16th, 2021, 4:31 pm Just a note a bit off topic. Read today that 28% of current D-1 ballers went into the transfer portal after this season.

My EWU friends are saying 6 Eagle players are in the transfer portal and, according to them, all 6 are hoping to go to UP next year.

DI college basketball players do very little soul-serching. If they aren't playing, it is never about ability as much as it is because the coach (who once believed in you) won't play you, and if you go to a different system, then you can flourish and make it to the NBA. Or, as with the Legans hire, those kids you recruit will follow you wherever.

Show me any DI recruit who doesn't think they could play in the NBA. And if they end up not playing in the NBA, it is because their college coach did not use them in a way to properly showcase their abilities.
It doesn't help when you have D1 coaches jumping all over for their next best deal who are also the people telling you to believe in them and their current program.
martymoose

DavidKeys wrote: March 30th, 2021, 11:01 am Since no one else noticed or posted... No word yet on any interest elsewhere, but I doubt he'll be here in the fall.
Looks like Greeley ended up at Saint Martin's.

Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah