Northern Colorado

Discussions about Portland State Mens Basketball go in here.
bigskyconf
Favorite School: portland state

Northern Colorado

Post by bigskyconf » December 27th, 2018, 10:46 pm

Conference play starts on Monday, 12-31 at 2pm at the Pavilion against Northern Colorado. The Bears, from Greeley, CO, will have a game at Sacramento State on Saturday before coming here. They are currently 6-5 overall but it is a bit misleading as they dropped four straight at a tournament in Las Vegas before Christmas. Prior to that, their only loss was at Texas Tech, and they also have a good road win at Wyoming. They are a young team with only one senior, Jordan Davis, on the roster. They have no one from the Pacific Northwest, but they have 7 kids from the state of Colorado.

Alan
Favorite School: OCE

Re: Northern Colorado

Post by Alan » December 29th, 2018, 8:48 am

bigskyconf wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 10:46 pm
Conference play starts on Monday, 12-31 at 2pm at the Pavilion against Northern Colorado. The Bears, from Greeley, CO, will have a game at Sacramento State on Saturday before coming here. They are currently 6-5 overall but it is a bit misleading as they dropped four straight at a tournament in Las Vegas before Christmas. Prior to that, their only loss was at Texas Tech, and they also have a good road win at Wyoming. They are a young team with only one senior, Jordan Davis, on the roster. They have no one from the Pacific Northwest, but they have 7 kids from the state of Colorado.
N Colorado offers radio broadcasts of their home and away games on 1310 KFKA. The audio feed can be found here: http://1310kfka.com/show/unc-mens-basketball/

bigskyconf

Post by bigskyconf » December 29th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Alan wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 8:48 am
bigskyconf wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 10:46 pm
N Colorado offers radio broadcasts of their home and away games on 1310 KFKA. The audio feed can be found here: http://1310kfka.com/show/unc-mens-basketball/
Good point. The game will also be on Pluto. I have to work (end of year stuff, etc.) so I'm going to try to catch it that way.

martymoose

Post by martymoose » December 31st, 2018, 7:23 pm

I had a bunch of work today and had to watch online. Was Rumel out today, or just didn't play?

Not liking what I see. A lot of bad turnovers and we're starting to fail at what made this team great last year (rebounding, assists, steals, etc).

bigskyconf

Post by bigskyconf » January 1st, 2019, 4:14 pm

martymoose wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 7:23 pm
I had a bunch of work today and had to watch online. Was Rumel out today, or just didn't play?

Not liking what I see. A lot of bad turnovers and we're starting to fail at what made this team great last year (rebounding, assists, steals, etc).
It seems as though Boo Boo is operating at a faster level than the others. I'm no mechanical genius but I'd say if you have a part that is going faster than the other parts, that is not good. I know the whole philosophy is speed but like other basketball aspects, there needs to be come consistency from the team to succeed.