PSU, UP men's basketball going in different directions?

Discussions about Portland State Mens Basketball go in here.
forestgreen
Favorite School: Portland State University

Post by forestgreen » April 5th, 2019, 6:55 pm

While Vikings were up and down, Pilots were clearly down -- and Terry Porter's team must start 'moving the needle'

https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/12-sports/4 ... directions

martymoose

Re: PSU, UP men's basketball going in different directions?

Post by martymoose » April 6th, 2019, 4:22 pm

I'd say they are.

I was pretty surprised that they didn't run Porter out of there after going 0'fer in conference play. Heck, we canned Geving after a 7-11 conference record. One would think that a booster or two would step up after an 0-16 conference record and pony up the funds to make a coaching change. This is unfortunate since two D-1 programs having success in Portland helps both programs.

Interesting little comment about Peery interviewing at BYU...

bigskyconf
Favorite School: portland state

Re: PSU, UP men's basketball going in different directions?

Post by bigskyconf » April 7th, 2019, 12:54 pm

martymoose wrote:
April 6th, 2019, 4:22 pm
I'd say they are.

I was pretty surprised that they didn't run Porter out of there after going 0'fer in conference play. Heck, we canned Geving after a 7-11 conference record. One would think that a booster or two would step up after an 0-16 conference record and pony up the funds to make a coaching change. This is unfortunate since two D-1 programs having success in Portland helps both programs.

Interesting little comment about Peery interviewing at BYU...
I caught that, too, and I don't understand it. The inner city, JC kid doesn't seem to fit the BYU culture (unless BYU is going a different way to compete with Gonzaga). If we were neck and neck with Montana all season, I might see it differently, but to me, it makes no sense from both Peery's side and BYU's perspective.