Scheduling Issue

Discussions about Portland State Mens Basketball go in here.
Pounder

Scheduling Issue

Post by Pounder » May 20th, 2019, 3:42 pm

martymoose

Re: Scheduling Issue

Post by martymoose » May 20th, 2019, 7:20 pm

Well, so much for those early season Tuesday night games in Eugene. We've only been under 175 once in the past five seasons. It'd be nice to see an exception for programs that are geographically close to schedule weekday non-conference games, but I do get that when you're a power five conference that is only putting three teams in the dance, something must change.

Alan
Favorite School: OCE

Post by Alan » May 21st, 2019, 5:47 pm

We are watching the beginning of the separation of "D1" basketball into the same arrangement "D1" football has, FBS-FCS.

bigskyconf
Favorite School: portland state

Post by bigskyconf » May 22nd, 2019, 2:57 pm

The way I read it is that their 5-year NET average needs to be at 175 or higher. While the story cites Oregon State as not having a qualifying schedule, it does say that the Ducks did, even with playing the Viks. My take is that the Pac-12 can still schedule the lesser conferences (Big Sky, Mountain West, WAC, etc.) as long as they also play the heavies (Gonzaga, etc.) and the five year average is above 175.

We can help with this by trying to keep our non-conference as high as possible, maybe ignoring the Portland Bibles of the world.