Troy Taylor Named Head Coach

Get the skinny on Hornet Football and the FCS
SDHornet

Re: Troy Taylor Named Head Coach

Post by SDHornet » Mon May 27, 2019 8:20 pm

I’m not going to rehash the Sears saga, but feel free to read up on it again if you’d like. Troy Taylor is our HC now and a well-qualified staff has been brought on board. I'm looking forward to what the future holds for this program under Taylor.
"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." W.C. Fields

OldSchoolHornet

Post by OldSchoolHornet » Tue May 28, 2019 8:11 am

He's set to collect another $180k from Sac State so not sure why he would be doing anything other than looking for something another year out.
[/quote]

You don't want to rehash the Sears saga but you feel free to get on here and post inaccurate information as facts and then attempt to deflect as soon as you get called on it because there is no proof.

I've been saying it for years.

Thank you for taking the bait.

SDHornet

Post by SDHornet » Tue May 28, 2019 6:57 pm

Funny to see that you're still butthurt about one of your guys not getting the HC job.

Also funny to see that you still haven't learned how to use the quote function after all these years on this board.

OldSchoolHornet

Post by OldSchoolHornet » Tue May 28, 2019 7:22 pm

One of my guys did get the HC job.

You present your opinions regarding the direction of the athletic department and the football program as is if they were facts. But the truth is it is frequently a false narrative that is ego driven. You would have people believe that Orr risked putting the athletic department into a buy-out situation. He's MUCH smarter than that. You really want to believe you know more about how to run the program than those in charge but you have no idea what's really happening on a day-to-day basis.

I challenged you to put-up-or-shut up and you had nothing. Imagine that.

SDHornet

Post by SDHornet » Wed May 29, 2019 5:27 pm

Taylor isn't a Hornet alum, so no he's not one of your guys as that doesn't fit your "hire a Hornet alum" narrative that you always push when hiring discussions take place.

I've never claimed that I could run the AD better than those currently in place so not sure where you're getting that from. However I've always been in support of getting competent decision makers in place that can think outside of the box and get things done. Thanks to President Nelsen and his staffing moves, we are finally seeing what happens when competent people are hired.

GreenArmySwarm

Post by GreenArmySwarm » Thu May 30, 2019 10:44 am

Is this why we can't have nice things?

josephpoint

Post by josephpoint » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:41 am

Have been getting the excellent Sac State alumni magazine for decades and can never recall sports making the cover and more then one page inside about athletics.

Coach Taylor is on the cover and 7 pages inside are about Hornet football.

At last .

Things are finally changing in a well overdue direction.

OldSchoolHornet

Post by OldSchoolHornet » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:12 pm

No Genius, Troy is not a Sac State alum...and either is Orr...but they are both Sacramento guys. So, you stating redundantly that the administration needed to do a "national search" was more than a bit ridiculous. As were your predictions as to how much money they were going to pay the next head coach. I willingly admit that I seriously doubted Sac State could come up with enough money to generate any serious interest by Coach Taylor. But, after his name came up from sources much more reliable than you I finally just called him and asked. His answer gave me hope. I would have most certainly backed any of the candidates who previously played at Sac State but because I have known Troy for more than 30 years he was definitely one of my guys.

SDHornet

Post by SDHornet » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:59 pm

OldSchoolHornet wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:12 pm
No Genius, Troy is not a Sac State alum...and either is Orr...but they are both Sacramento guys. So, you stating redundantly that the administration needed to do a "national search" was more than a bit ridiculous. As were your predictions as to how much money they were going to pay the next head coach. I willingly admit that I seriously doubted Sac State could come up with enough money to generate any serious interest by Coach Taylor. But, after his name came up from sources much more reliable than you I finally just called him and asked. His answer gave me hope. I would have most certainly backed any of the candidates who previously played at Sac State but because I have known Troy for more than 30 years he was definitely one of my guys.
Nice revisionist history you got there. Since you want to rehash the AD hiring, here are two posts from you regarding these hires (page 1 and 4 of the linked AD thread). They didn't age well:
OldSchoolHornet wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:53 pm
There's a number one choice and three other guys. There was never a need for a national search if Mark Massari is interested and the university can compete with his current salary. It must be close are he wouldn't be down here going through the process.
OldSchoolHornet wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 pm
IF THE JOB BECOMES OPEN nobody will need to a national search to Jon Osterhout, Angus McClure or Darren Arbet.
Funny that you left off Taylor from your dream team list even though you've known him for 30+ years. Rock solid predictions in either case, keep 'em coming big man. :rofl:

Have a good summer, see you this fall. 8-)

OldSchoolHornet

Post by OldSchoolHornet » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:51 pm

D
Genius...deflect...defer...and then run and hide.
I readily admitted I didn't see the possibility of Troy taking this job and felt there was no need for a national search because we had multiple Hornet alums who were more than qualified. You are the guy who doesn't see the local talent level. Orr wasn't my first choice but they certainly didn't need a national search to find him.
I know you are unhappy about me calling BS on what you want others to believe are facts, but the truth is you have absolutely no contact with the program and the information you present as facts is nothing more than unadulterated crap that you put forth to support your contrived narratives.
Run and hide but I'll be back to call you out again.